West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Claudio Yacob
« Last post by chipperclark on Today at 04:02:44 AM »
 :D The Yac was "magic" in the 4 part behind the scenes at Albion.

He was hilarious with his co-players and staff...taking the "mickey".He was a great bloke to have in the squad and will be sorely missed around the place.
Still think we should have given him another year and he would have done a job for us.

Best of luck Claudio....we will miss you. ;D
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: OFFICIAL: Bond signs
« Last post by baggie38 on Today at 02:32:24 AM »
Neil Cutler wants a 3-man goalkeeping department who can all push each other in training, probably why Foster wanted out. I expect Simon Moore will be signed and will start as the number 2 as he's older and has more Championship experience. We'll allow Palmer to go out on loan.

All this stuff about Foster wanting out because he felt he couldn't hack the league or the idea that he didn't like the 3 man goalkeeping set up is utter nonsense. He was on 70k a week here and didn't want to lose half his wage and that's it. Foster has gone back to Watford where he had two good years on loan but honestly I've lost all respect for the man. Best of luck to both Bond and Johnstone (and possibly Moore)
« Last post by beechyboy90 on Today at 02:02:16 AM »
Total waste of wages in my opinion.

Spot on Scooby

Bond has more Championship experience than Moore and in my opinion is more than adequate as a No.2 in this division.

To go and pay £500k+ for a goalkeeper to sit on the bench or in the stand, when we already have a capable No.2 is overkill in my opinion. Waste of resources. Like having two spare wheels in your boot.
« Last post by Scooby Doo on Yesterday at 11:40:58 PM »
Neil Cutler wants a 3-man goalkeeping department who can all push each other in training, probably why Foster wanted out. I expect Simon Moore will be signed and will start as the number 2 as he's older and has more Championship experience. We'll allow Palmer to go out on loan.

Total waste of wages in my opinion.

Bond has more Championship experience than Moore and in my opinion is more than adequate as a No.2 in this division.

To go and pay £500k+ for a goalkeeper to sit on the bench or in the stand, when we already have a capable No.2 is overkill in my opinion. Waste of resources. Like having two spare wheels in your boot.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Jenkins
« Last post by Scooby Doo on Yesterday at 11:35:54 PM »
Jenkins has stated that we need to sell before we can buy as we have just shelled out 10 million plus on three players,. Funny this because that's totally different when we were relegated, he stated back then we don't have to sell and we have substantial transfer kitty. Which is it?

He's a clown. Better say nothing than to serve up the nonsense he has.
« Last post by Andio on Yesterday at 11:32:13 PM »
Jenkins has stated that we need to sell before we can buy as we have just shelled out 10 million plus on three players,. Funny this because that's totally different when we were relegated, he stated back then we don't have to sell and we have substantial transfer kitty. Which is it?

I would like to believe he is saying it so we don't let on how much cash we have to spend thus bumping up other clubs asking prices for their players.

I hope so anyway!
« Last post by paulosull on Yesterday at 11:29:40 PM »
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Nacer Chadli
« Last post by baggie82 on Yesterday at 11:26:21 PM »
Can't help but to feel annoyed at Chadli. He has been happy enough to be paid very well to not play for us this season. If he's now fit he wouldn't want to stay but would rather play for someone else. What if he isn't fit - I'm assuming he is happy to stay and continue to take the money?

Ridiculous attitude. He owes us nothing. If a club meets his release clause then all parties walk away happy. If not he can stay and compete for a place in the team. Understandable he doesn’t want to play in the championship. He wasn’t injured through choice last season. Amazing how fans can’t get their head around the fact that footballers aren’t part of the fan base, it’s their job.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Nacer Chadli
« Last post by Blowee on Yesterday at 10:27:13 PM »
Can't help but to feel annoyed at Chadli. He has been happy enough to be paid very well to not play for us this season. If he's now fit he wouldn't want to stay but would rather play for someone else. What if he isn't fit - I'm assuming he is happy to stay and continue to take the money?
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Official: Kyle Bartley signs
« Last post by AlbionBest on Yesterday at 09:43:06 PM »
Welcome.
Seems a decent solid squad signing for this level.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10