West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Oliver Burke
« Last post by chipperclark on Today at 02:37:39 AM »
 ;D Need to send him out in January to a "lower" Chump club....see how he goes with game time.....then assess in May his progress or lack of.

Also get him playing for the Under 23 's up until then and monitor his performances.

May be a "player" in there with the right "nurturing" :D
« Last post by SmethDan on Yesterday at 11:56:20 PM »
I don't know how true this actually is, but radio wm football phone in's Franks said Newcastle are preparing a bid for Burke.

I hope this is true and we get at least half the money we wasted on him.

Don't know about preparing a bid but the rumour is that Newcastle, Tottenham and one other have been scouting him.

Agent speaks with forked tongue perhaps?
« Last post by BalisPen on Yesterday at 11:52:45 PM »
I don't know how true this actually is, but radio wm football phone in's Franks said Newcastle are preparing a bid for Burke.

I hope this is true and we get at least half the money we wasted on him.
General Football & Sports / Re: Anything England Football
« Last post by SmethDan on Yesterday at 11:49:13 PM »
Really enjoyed the highlights, good stuff!

And there was me posting extended highlights in the Woodman because I forgot they were going to be on ITV  ;D . We were clinical, but from the minutes I saw we certainly rode our luck. Would have liked to watch the game 'live' but I don't/won't have Sky and couldn't be doing with spending the evening down the local three out of four nights  :-X .
« Last post by don1thedon on Yesterday at 11:41:12 PM »
Really enjoyed the highlights, good stuff!
« Last post by graka on Yesterday at 11:29:39 PM »
I keep hearing how hard we are working on Harvey Barnes in training to improve him .
I hope we are giving Burke as much time and dedication to improve him.
Reminds me a little of Theo Walcott. Too much pace sometimes, but that is a gift you can utilise 
« Last post by beechyboy90 on Yesterday at 10:35:47 PM »
brilliant result against spain, really entertaining match to watch and the 1st to beat them on home soil for 38 games according to sky.

Played well. Barkley and winks added abit more dynamism to our game. Prefer the 433 as it allows us to play both rashford and sterling.

Shame we didn't get that goal in Croatia we would be joint top. Need Croatia to not lose at home v Spain and we have a chance
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: TV Games
« Last post by SmethDan on Yesterday at 10:08:34 PM »
Sky were supposed to have given the games up to 8 December in the announcement last week and then they pull another one out of the hat. I read on another site that a Dublin baggie had booked a flight for the Brentford game on the strength of the first announcement. Their disregard for fans is appalling. They really aren't that interested in the Championship, which will always be a poor second best to the beloved Premier League, so why can't they just leave us alone.

Very much agreed, make an announcement and stick to it.

If not then reimburse supporters proven advance travel costs, but will that happen? Will it fk.

If asked they'd probably state supporters should have gone to even more expense and stumped up insurance to cover themselves in the event of a change they've effectively suggested won't happen.

It's enough of a pain travelling to the Albion across Brum on public transport of an evening, never mind coming from further afield.

Absolutely w@nk.
« Last post by caravanc58 on Yesterday at 10:02:22 PM »
brilliant result against spain, really entertaining match to watch and the 1st to beat them on home soil for 38 games according to sky.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: TV Games
« Last post by SmethDan on Yesterday at 09:59:07 PM »
Well, let's be honest, what TV company would want to show us under the management of Pulis or Pardew? We're a far more interesting team to watch now and this is an unfortunate side effect.

Yeah, I think we're probably all agreed on that.

Equally (I'd imagine) we're mostly agreed Sky are taking the absolute piss at the mo'.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10