Author Topic: Darren Fletcher moves to Stoke City  (Read 366814 times)

geoff

• WBA Coach

Re: Darren Fletcher
« Reply #1025 on: February 18, 2017, 07:33:14 PM »
I would like to see him used in our coaching set up when he calls a end to his playing career, he looks the type of player/person who could make a good manager 

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1026 on: February 18, 2017, 10:30:41 PM »
I would like to see him used in our coaching set up when he calls a end to his playing career, he looks the type of player/person who could make a good manager

Ferguson mentioned in that interview that he had him manage some of the youth teams when he wasn't playing due to his illness, and that he suited the role very well

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1027 on: February 19, 2017, 03:53:51 PM »
He has the right mental approach not only with football & how to play different games against different opposition but with life & how to get the best out of what you have. Heres hoping he & the club see his future with us once his playing career is over.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1028 on: March 19, 2017, 12:38:18 AM »
Fletcher's gone somewhat underrated this season I think. Perhaps his biggest contribution to the club is the winning mentality though, that refusal to ever be bullied by any team. I remember when Pulis came in he talked about the importance of getting players with a winning mentality and I think Fletcher has probably been the most important in that.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1029 on: March 19, 2017, 07:23:29 AM »
I probably am usually a bit too quick to criticise Fletch but he put in a solid performance yesterday and definitely seems better with Livermore next to him. They both played very well yesterday.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1030 on: March 19, 2017, 09:05:12 AM »
I probably am usually a bit too quick to criticise Fletch but he put in a solid performance yesterday and definitely seems better with Livermore next to him. They both played very well yesterday.

Nearly scored a cracking goal in the first half as well. Great technique and it drew a brilliant save from Cech

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1031 on: March 19, 2017, 09:42:17 AM »
Yeah, that was awesome. If that was against their back up keeper who I think came on about 5 mins after that it would have been a goal.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1032 on: March 19, 2017, 10:09:34 AM »
Has been better since the arrival of Brunt, Morrison and Livermore most recently. I think earlier on in the season we saw a Fletcher taking the bull by the horns and falling victim of trying to do to much. His job, with the introduction of better footballers and Matt Phillips form has been made much more simpler and he is far more effective for it.

Great to see his constant coaching on the pitch too - Sam Field will learn a lot from him.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1033 on: March 19, 2017, 10:43:28 AM »
Has been better since the arrival of Brunt, Morrison and Livermore most recently. I think earlier on in the season we saw a Fletcher taking the bull by the horns and falling victim of trying to do to much. His job, with the introduction of better footballers and Matt Phillips form has been made much more simpler and he is far more effective for it.

Great to see his constant coaching on the pitch too - Sam Field will learn a lot from him.

Good post Liam, He seem to have eyes all over the pitch & is constantly organizing the players.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1034 on: March 19, 2017, 11:26:14 AM »
Good post Liam, He seem to have eyes all over the pitch & is constantly organizing the players.

Would be better not playing after 60 minutes then giving younger players more time on the pitch

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1035 on: March 19, 2017, 12:43:46 PM »
Would be better not playing after 60 minutes then giving younger players more time on the pitch

No problem in taking anyone off if needs be.
Can see Flec spending more time on the bench next season.
Hope we can keep him with us in a coaching role

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1036 on: March 19, 2017, 12:45:55 PM »
Good captain but we have better footballers in the side when they are all fit
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1037 on: March 19, 2017, 12:51:19 PM »
He benefits from having a much more mobile player in Livermore alongside him. He puts incredible effort into games and is always leading by example which is what he's kept in the side for really but at this level his lack of pace hinders him and his passing can sometimes be quite poor.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1038 on: March 19, 2017, 12:57:44 PM »
HE WAS SUPERB YESTERDAY and was not half as bad as some tried to make out earlier in the season our leader on the pitch and the players seem to respond to him

wolverhampton baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1039 on: March 19, 2017, 01:39:45 PM »
Super player, winner and captain. Let's not underestimate the impact it has on the opposition just to see him in our line up.
Born and bred in Dudley

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1040 on: March 19, 2017, 03:36:57 PM »

Noticed that he was constantly talking to Field once he came on. Great mentor to have

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1041 on: March 19, 2017, 07:37:47 PM »
As a captain for me he's a 10 out of 10.  As a player probably a 7 out of 10. His impact on the discipline of the team, the shape that we hold, and general leadership is worth its weight in gold.  He is Pulis's proxy on the pitch.

When the time comes for him to take a squad role and then quit playing altogether, I'd love to see him become assistant manager and then groomed to replace Pulis as manager.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1042 on: March 19, 2017, 07:43:09 PM »
Best Albion captain in my lifetime.
the regime don't like it man

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1043 on: March 19, 2017, 08:51:59 PM »
Noticed him at Bournemouth last season just after Gardner had penalty saved, he went round all the players clapping his hands in encouragement as if to say don't let this be a turning point. Brilliant captainship.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1044 on: March 19, 2017, 09:08:25 PM »
As a captain for me he's a 10 out of 10.  As a player probably a 7 out of 10. His impact on the discipline of the team, the shape that we hold, and general leadership is worth its weight in gold.  He is Pulis's proxy on the pitch.

When the time comes for him to take a squad role and then quit playing altogether, I'd love to see him become assistant manager and then groomed to replace Pulis as manager.

He is exactly the on pitch leader that Arsenal lack.

Love his hindering of the opposition goalkeeper on corners, a real pain in the ass!
Baggie in Southampton

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1045 on: March 19, 2017, 09:28:16 PM »
You don`t play for Man Utd without having something  great signing for the club.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1046 on: March 19, 2017, 09:49:02 PM »
You don`t play for Man Utd without having something  great signing for the club.

Really is one of those typical Alex Ferguson players with a winning mentality, there's not too many of them left now. Anyway, what a great signing he was - and was possibly our best signing under Pulis due to our lack of leadership at the time. I still imagine we'd have stayed up without him but it would have been a lot harder, for that season alone he had a massive impact on the club.

I still feel he's slowly on the decline and although he's done well this season I imagine he will be phased out a bit more next season. Not bad though considering I saw a picture with him on google the other day playing against Rob Hulse for us - which shows how long Fletcher has been around for!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1047 on: March 19, 2017, 09:55:51 PM »
Fletcher and Evans would both still be at United if Fergie was still in charge. We're lucky to have them.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1048 on: March 20, 2017, 01:20:07 PM »
Here`s one for you Facebook in Scotland in overdrive today stating Darren Fletcher will be Joining Rangers

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1049 on: March 20, 2017, 01:22:42 PM »
Here`s one for you Facebook in Scotland in overdrive today stating Darren Fletcher will be Joining Rangers

Very strange move for a renowned Celtic supporter.

Not going to happen...........
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.