Author Topic: Who's starting to become resigned  (Read 131084 times)

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

Re: Who's starting to become resigned
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2017, 07:14:11 AM »
Got to copy Roy at Palace , a side that works hard , defends as a unit and has a bit of danger up top.
We aren't miles from that , its not impossible and as I posted elsewhere a lot depends on injuries.

Problem is we concede in the final minutes of a game, and they continue to score late on. Yesterday they did not have a shot on target until 87 minutes when Watford were reduced to 10 men, then scored twice in 3 minutes. We need this kind of luck to swing for us otherwise I fear the worst.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2017, 08:02:38 AM »
We need our best players back. Say what you want about Brunt and Morrison but one provides assists whenever played and the other drives us forward with the ball at his feet, only Phillips and Gibbs have been the players doing that this season.

Pardew needs those two and Chadli back, or the forwards that are off form will be picked every game over this busy period and an injury crisis wouldn’t be far away.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2017, 08:13:30 AM »
No reason why we can't beat Stoke which would leave us on 16 points at the halfway stage. I reckon 38 points will keep us up this year so only need 22 from the 2nd half of the season. Add into the mix that we have gotten rid of Pulis, brought in Pardew and have the January window looming, it's a piece of cake. What we all worried about?

Can you honestly see us going to Stoke and winning, I can't? As dreadful as they are we're as close to a gimmie as you'll get in the Premier League at the minute.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2017, 10:52:45 AM »
Problem is we concede in the final minutes of a game, and they continue to score late on. Yesterday they did not have a shot on target until 87 minutes when Watford were reduced to 10 men, then scored twice in 3 minutes. We need this kind of luck to swing for us otherwise I fear the worst.

I don't think we have been particularly impressive late-on in games. Recently I often felt we started the first 10-20 minutes rather well (Arsenal away, Chelsea home as examples come to mind) but we regularly start to fall back. We rarely look like creating a heap of chances and applying intense pressure if chasing a result while often inviting pressure and being under the cosh. While we may have been unlucky to concede late against Watford we were also lucky that Burnley missed a sitter in our second game.
Indeed, probably the game where we could have snatched a result late on was at Spurs, with one magnificent chance created and a couple of other half decent chances as well.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2017, 11:01:49 AM »
We need our best players back. Say what you want about Brunt and Morrison but one provides assists whenever played and the other drives us forward with the ball at his feet, only Phillips and Gibbs have been the players doing that this season.

Pardew needs those two and Chadli back, or the forwards that are off form will be picked every game over this busy period and an injury crisis wouldn’t be far away.

I think you've just surmised everything that is wrong with our transfer policy over the years.

Both are good players, but equally the squad really shouldn't be so reliant on players who've been here for a decade.

Good to have club men, not so good for the dressing room to have grown stale and potentially complacent.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2017, 12:06:11 PM »
I think you've just surmised everything that is wrong with our transfer policy over the years.

Both are good players, but equally the squad really shouldn't be so reliant on players who've been here for a decade.

Good to have club men, not so good for the dressing room to have grown stale and potentially complacent.
I posted elsewhere as a club we cannot afford to lose Chadli , Phillips , Brunt , Morrison all in one hit.
Add to that Dawson and now Barry for me its a major reason we are struggling especially as Chadli and Phillips would suit this 4 3 3 Pardew is trying , respect to HRK and JRod but they are not wide players .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »
Keep playing like we did tonight and with Phillips and chadli to come back in a pardew team things seem a whole lot better than last night
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2017, 10:29:10 PM »
with just 5 more points we would be 11th on the table, but we with just 3 less points we'd be dead last. Too early for me to freak out.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2017, 10:46:38 PM »
It's all a long long way to go isn't it.

Tough fixtures ahead.

But as vrabbit states, we could be 11th or bottom. Nothing in those positions, and just look at Citeh pull away.

It's a strange season all round and provided we can get our much lauded Creative Players back in I think we will start to turn a corner.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2017, 12:22:39 AM »
Beat Yanited and Stoke we'll be wondering what all the fuss was about. Chadli will be massive under Pardew.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2017, 12:26:15 AM »
Somehow I feel a bit better now.
I like what Pardew is doing.
Great performance tonight.
I think we can go to Stoke and win,united? Poss another draw?
I'm trying to be optimistic another 4 points would do nicely.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2017, 09:39:58 AM »
I feel better after last night's result. Pool are a good team and we held them off and even played some nice football at times.

I heard a caller on wm last night, saying it seems like AP just throws the names up in the air and the ones that stick will play, like there's no real thought going into it. But I feel as though he's got to get to know the team, it's a steady process and he won't know the players in depth after one game. And AP has managed to get us a few points with most of our key players out.

Hopefully when Dawson, Morrison, Chadli and Phillips are fit we'll get them back in the team and have fights for positions.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2017, 11:32:14 AM »
It was indeed a good point last night but I'm not getting carried away. We are still desperate to win and every time we play someone around us we are still too open whilst we try to score ourselves. This is the tester for me, can we hold out playing teams around us? Scoring is still evidently a big issue, and the sooner we get our best midfielders back the more hope will come back to me. Must aim for at least a point sunday now. United will really take it to us.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2017, 03:31:27 PM »
New manager, not even xmas yet and not cut adrift why would anyone be resigned . 

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2017, 03:36:10 PM »
New manager, not even xmas yet and not cut adrift why would anyone be resigned .

Don't know chap, but I'll bet it'll probably be down to right wing racists voting in favour of Brexit somewhere along the line  ;) .

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2017, 03:40:59 PM »
Don't know chap, but I'll bet it'll probably be down to right wing racists voting in favour of Brexit somewhere along the line  ;) .
I knew it! ;)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2017, 03:46:09 PM »

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2017, 03:50:11 PM »

Nah its because most of our fans vote Labour and see everything through this negative haze  ;D

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2017, 06:25:50 PM »
Nah its because most of our fans vote Labour and see everything through this negative haze  ;D

No no, I'm pretty sure ISIS have already claimed responsibility for our situation.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2017, 06:52:25 PM »
Very concerned Albion fan at the moment.

I just can't see where the goals and the wins are coming from.
the regime don't like it man

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2017, 06:54:29 PM »

Tomorrow will be our first win since august. I have a good feeling
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2017, 07:01:24 PM »

Tomorrow will be our first win since august. I have a good feeling

Despite our pretty abysmal record at home against them in modern times, I always feel positive before we play Man Ure at home. Probably the legacy of watching us stuff them year in year out at the Hawthorns growing up. Happy days!

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2017, 07:03:07 PM »

I don’t understand your logic to be honest, with Pulis in charge you suggested we would win pretty much irrespective as to who the opposition was.

Now you state you can’t see where the wins are going to come from.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2017, 07:21:32 PM »
I don’t understand your logic to be honest, with Pulis in charge you suggested we would win pretty much irrespective as to who the opposition was.

Now you state you can’t see where the wins are going to come from.

My confidence was built from what Pulis had achieved before. I don't think anyone could have predicted the bad run we endured.

I'm just negative about our chances at the moment. A win tomorrow would change things though.

the regime don't like it man

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2017, 11:55:20 PM »
Look at our form over the last 5 games, 4 points. There are teams on worse form than us who will be in trouble if they don't turn things around, so we are not alone in needing a win. Newcastle 1 point from the last 5 games, Bournemouth and Stoke 3 points from the last 5, and a bit further up but still struggling, Southampton on a very bad run with 2 points from the last 5 and Watford and Brighton with 2 points each. There is plenty to play for, so we have to keep some sense of perspective. I won't be worried about being relegated for a good few weeks yet.