Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 760651 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #3250 on: February 02, 2019, 07:20:59 PM »
From the bench as a full back

And in the dressing room, no doubt
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3251 on: February 02, 2019, 07:21:20 PM »
From the bench as a full back

Not for me, would be used in rotation with Gareth Barry. Should have started today.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3252 on: February 02, 2019, 07:22:49 PM »
I've never been a Brunt fan just my opinion. He as been a good servant and I imagine he's a nice bloke but he as been finished for a long time now and it's time he was left out of the squad in the future nothing left to offer, thanks for your loyal service Chris but it's a no from me.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3253 on: February 02, 2019, 07:25:48 PM »

Not for me, would be used in rotation with Gareth Barry. Should have started today.

Not in the same class as Barry, a defensive midfielder should be able to tackle Brunt cannot
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3254 on: February 02, 2019, 07:26:11 PM »
Not got a problem with Brunt. Great servant who has never been any good playing centre mid and is worthwhile keeping in the squad for cup games and emergency left back.

I do have a problem with the guy who shoehorns him into central midfield at some point every single game, despite the fact that he has been useless every game he has played there this season. We have Barry, Livermore, Johansen, Harper, Field, Phillips, Hoolahan and Morrison who are better in that position. Even allowing for injuries and suspensions, the only reason he's getting on the pitch is because Moore is inept.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3255 on: February 02, 2019, 07:27:31 PM »
A great servant, scored some great and important goals, but needs to finish in my opinion. I have backed him all along and do not wish to lay unfair blame on him, but today was very poor. His lack of concentration contributed to us losing today. He hasn't got the pace and his crossing has gone.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3256 on: February 02, 2019, 07:34:46 PM »
Great player who still has a role to play.

Was a great player - he’s bang average

It’s painful watching him in midfield. Players dance round him. Poor positional sense, can’t shield the back four and can’t tackle either

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3257 on: February 02, 2019, 07:35:12 PM »
Took him about a minute to cost us a goal today.

He's slow, can't tackle, barely puts any decent corners/free kicks with his magic wand of a left foot... so what does he actually bring to the team now?

Like many have mentioned, he has been a great servant and no one can deny that but it's time we move on from him if we want to progress as a club.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3258 on: February 03, 2019, 05:56:35 AM »
Well done brunt on hitting 400

I feel bad for him he is getting pelters because he's been played out of position and because of his error today.

I love brunty too bits and still think he could offer us something this season but not as a cm. Now we have lost Barnes I think it would benefit us to play 442 and have brunt and Montero competing for left side. And Phillips and Murphy competing for right side. Getting Zhrk out team and not having Gayle out of position.
O Albion we love you

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3259 on: February 03, 2019, 08:57:04 AM »
Should not be anywhere near first team enough midfielders a head of him in squad, don't understand Moore's thinking.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3260 on: February 03, 2019, 06:04:10 PM »

I'm as big a Brunt fan as you'll find, but even I can say we've kept him a season too long. His passing no longer justifies his inclusion for me.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3261 on: February 03, 2019, 06:30:08 PM »
I'm as big a Brunt fan as you'll find, but even I can say we've kept him a season too long. His passing no longer justifies his inclusion for me.

His passing these days is woeful. He's been given 24 appearances this season out of loyalty and nostalgia from Moore not because he's earned it. Form and application should determine player selection not reputation within the dressing room.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3262 on: February 03, 2019, 07:23:21 PM »
Has been a great servant to the club but enough is enough. Doesn't bring anything to the team anymore, lacks pace, can't tackle, corner kick delivery is poorer. His muffed kick that lead to a goal reminded me of the clearance he screwed up against Swansea last season that cost us points. Yesterday should be the last time he plays for the Albion. Sorry Brunty but you are past it and it shows.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3263 on: February 03, 2019, 07:49:31 PM »
Great player, my backside
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3264 on: February 03, 2019, 09:53:26 PM »

He’s never been great but has been a great servant who has played a key role for many years. As for now, he should not get into the team in any position.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3265 on: February 03, 2019, 10:57:34 PM »
Was a great player - he’s bang average

It’s painful watching him in midfield. Players dance round him. Poor positional sense, can’t shield the back four and can’t tackle either

Agree. He's passed it and is played out of position...it's not his fault I suppose but his legacy fades with each week that passes.

It reminds me a little of Olsson who stayed too long, but at least with Olsson he wasn't used as much when he was passed it, whereas Brunt seems to feature more often.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3266 on: February 04, 2019, 09:00:14 AM »
Very poor decision to bring him on, but nobody could envisage that error.
The resemblance to Ollsson is all to familiar, a great servant but now way out of his depth. I was hoping for a Neville-esque retirement statement yesterday, he must know that his status within the club is being tainted with these poor performances.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3267 on: February 04, 2019, 10:52:03 AM »
A player who we has fans should show our respects to for his long loyal service to our club along with Morrison, but their carrier's are coming towards the end. Its the manager who fields the team & makes the substitutions. Everyone makes mistakes.
Respect guys.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3268 on: February 04, 2019, 11:10:44 AM »
A player who we has fans should show our respects to for his long loyal service to our club along with Morrison, but their carrier's are coming towards the end. Its the manager who fields the team & makes the substitutions. Everyone makes mistakes.
Respect guys.
I think it's out of respect we want to see him out of the team, as I said, his status is waning with every poor performance.
Would be delighted for him to stay at the club in some capacity, provided he has the skill set, but it's time to call time on what has been a very commendable playing career.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3269 on: February 04, 2019, 11:30:18 AM »
I think it's out of respect we want to see him out of the team, as I said, his status is waning with every poor performance.
Would be delighted for him to stay at the club in some capacity, provided he has the skill set, but it's time to call time on what has been a very commendable playing career.

My post wasn't directed at anyone individual poster it was just a reminder to what Chris & James have down for our club

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3270 on: February 04, 2019, 11:53:07 AM »
My post wasn't directed at anyone individual poster it was just a reminder to what Chris & James have down for our club
They have been very well paid for what they have done, and in Morrisons recent history for what he has not done.
Do not ever forget that these two players were senior players at the club, when the team stopped playing for Mel, Pulis, and Pardew.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3271 on: February 04, 2019, 12:20:32 PM »
will never be held in the same bracket as Astle / Brown / Cyrille so not a great player.

A good loyal dependable player whose time has come, Chris do the sensible thing and tell DM that whist you're happy to be around the club and pitch in on cup matches or if our squad takes a massive hit of injuries, but otherwise you recognise that its all a bit beyond you now.

You will walk away (from 1st team) with pride and the respect of the fans, whereas .....
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3272 on: February 04, 2019, 12:24:11 PM »
Very poor decision to bring him on, but nobody could envisage that error.
The resemblance to Ollsson is all to familiar, a great servant but now way out of his depth. I was hoping for a Neville-esque retirement statement yesterday, he must know that his status within the club is being tainted with these poor performances.

Well over the top, he did an air kick? A mistake that happens to players up and down the leagues week in week out. Are you expecting Gareth Barry to retire too? The fact is Brunts performances this season are nowhere near as bad as portrayed. Never dipping below a solid 6 out of 10. Less than a month ago he ran the game against Wigan.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3273 on: February 04, 2019, 12:55:08 PM »

Well over the top, he did an air kick? A mistake that happens to players up and down the leagues week in week out. Are you expecting Gareth Barry to retire too? The fact is Brunts performances this season are nowhere near as bad as portrayed. Never dipping below a solid 6 out of 10. Less than a month ago he ran the game against Wigan.
Not about the air kick, more about self realisation. When Neville scythed down Dorrans, that too was something that happened week in week out but he knew that his legs had gone and he couldn't carry on to the high standard he had set himself.
As for Barry, yes, I would like to think that with Johannson joining and the emergence of Field and Harper would reduce our reliance on him also.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3274 on: February 04, 2019, 01:32:43 PM »
Not about the air kick, more about self realisation. When Neville scythed down Dorrans, that too was something that happened week in week out but he knew that his legs had gone and he couldn't carry on to the high standard he had set himself.
As for Barry, yes, I would like to think that with Johannson joining and the emergence of Field and Harper would reduce our reliance on him also.

Neville's legs had gone after a long injury lay off. Brunt has been fine. Maybe not sparkling 8s and 9s out of 10s but doing a good job out of position. There are literally no parallels to be drawn between the two players.