Author Topic: Kyle Bartley  (Read 228294 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Kyle Bartley
« Reply #275 on: May 15, 2019, 07:10:37 PM »
He's been much better the last couple of weeks and all credit to him.

He will be involved next season in some capacity.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

yorkshire baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #276 on: May 15, 2019, 09:21:19 PM »
I have been a big critic of Bartley over the season but in the play offs he was immense. Something to build on now.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #277 on: May 15, 2019, 09:23:55 PM »
The games against Villa were his best of the season, he has been appalling all season, maybe he is a better than he has shown so far.
Baggie in Southampton

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #278 on: May 15, 2019, 09:47:33 PM »
The games against Villa were his best of the season, he has been appalling all season, maybe he is a better than he has shown so far.

He has clearly been yet another victim of the WNA policy of Square pegs in round holes, played in a system which he is suited to and comfortable with he plays to his potential.
This is another example of why we need a team who acquire players to suit the coaches ethos and plan rather than because they have a reputation/ history !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #279 on: May 15, 2019, 10:07:10 PM »
He has clearly been yet another victim of the WNA policy of Square pegs in round holes, played in a system which he is suited to and comfortable with he plays to his potential.
This is another example of why we need a team who acquire players to suit the coaches ethos and plan rather than because they have a reputation/ history !

You don't build a system around a limited centre back, a snotter. He was a victim of the system, but sometimes players need to adapt.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #280 on: May 15, 2019, 10:59:56 PM »
Superb in both play offs games

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2019, 06:19:30 PM »
Superb in both play offs games

It the only two games he has been decent all season

Unfortunately

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #282 on: May 16, 2019, 06:44:22 PM »
Would anybody sell him now if offered the £4m back by someone like Leeds?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #283 on: May 16, 2019, 06:51:54 PM »

Yes of course.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #284 on: May 16, 2019, 07:06:37 PM »

Personally I'd keep him, he's proved he is a capable defender in the right system.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #285 on: May 16, 2019, 07:10:58 PM »

would bite their hand off in a heartbeat
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2019, 07:41:18 PM »
He had by far and away his best game for us on Tuesday,

That said, I'd get rid of him in a heartbeat.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

yorkshire baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #287 on: May 16, 2019, 08:26:51 PM »
Perhaps over the last few games he wss asked to play to his strengths. A no nonsense centre half and has excelled. Prior to that he was played out of position and  had to try and adapt the silly Moore/ Jones approach.
He struggled and the side struggled under a poor management  team.
There is a good player and a comitted player used properly.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #288 on: May 16, 2019, 08:33:06 PM »
Hegazi, Dawson and Bartley is pretty strong at this level. The problem is they are all very slow. So it works if we sit deep and defend, they can block and head it, but push up the pitch and press teams and they are vulnerable to pace. I wouldn't sell Bartley at this point. We shouldn't be weakening the squad when we have all the loan players to disappear unless it is to respond the cash and improve the team.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #289 on: May 16, 2019, 09:32:12 PM »
Blow me play him to his strengths; winning headers clearing danger he can more than do a job in this league. Just a shame took coaching staff nearly a season to realise

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #290 on: August 10, 2019, 07:58:11 PM »
Kyle had the best passing performance today 94.50% (86/91), better than Romaine and Jake.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #291 on: August 10, 2019, 08:10:04 PM »
Kyle had the best passing performance today 94.50% (86/91), better than Romaine and Jake.

His pass percentage is usually pretty good as a lot of it is just giving  it short to the midfield and defence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #292 on: August 10, 2019, 08:15:45 PM »
His pass percentage is usually pretty good as a lot of it is just giving  it short to the midfield and defence.

That’s a good point, but looking at a map of range of passes, his distances were comparable with Roamaine’s and Jake’s to be fair.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #293 on: August 10, 2019, 08:27:42 PM »
Think the bloke has started the season well looks calm assured and confident. The billic effect working wonders for him. However it's been bread and butter stuff so far.
O Albion we love you

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #294 on: August 12, 2019, 08:43:15 PM »
His passing percentages might be good over short distances and he may have improved but for me he still a long way off the required standard,both goals conceded this season could arguably have been put down to him,ok johnstone should have stopped the forest shot but Bartleys closing down was non existent,v Millwall he could have headed clear before they scored,he is an accident waiting to happen,Bartley and Johnstone are both the weak links in defence

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #295 on: August 13, 2019, 10:05:41 AM »
His passing percentages might be good over short distances and he may have improved but for me he still a long way off the required standard,both goals conceded this season could arguably have been put down to him,ok johnstone should have stopped the forest shot but Bartleys closing down was non existent,v Millwall he could have headed clear before they scored,he is an accident waiting to happen,Bartley and Johnstone are both the weak links in defence
I think both he and Johnstone have improved but agree they are the weak links. The difference is, we have Hegazi to come back in defence but, unless Bond stakes a genuine claim, Johnstone is a permanent fixture.
A couple of clean sheets wouldn't go amiss to build a bit of confidence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #296 on: August 13, 2019, 12:14:31 PM »
I have a lot of preconceived ideas regarding Mr Bartley based on previous performances, but given it's a new season I'm going to do my best to move on from them. Over to you Kyle and COYB.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #297 on: August 13, 2019, 12:22:41 PM »
I have a lot of preconceived ideas regarding Mr Bartley based on previous performances, but given it's a new season I'm going to do my best to move on from them. Over to you Kyle and COYB.

You need to let it go Dan.........

I think he had a solid performance on Saturday, looked more comfortable and assured. I am like you but I am pleased with his performance to date.
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #298 on: August 13, 2019, 12:37:47 PM »
You need to let it go Dan.........

As stated I'm going to do my best chap, here's hoping Kyle's best makes it easier for me ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #299 on: August 13, 2019, 01:14:04 PM »
Whether you like it or not he is going to be one of our most important players this year and he will look even more solid when Hegazi returns just after the  international break. I also think a lot of the criticism he gets is unfair. He has generally been quite exceptional since Darren Moore got sacked in my opinion. His lack of pace hasn't been exposed as much and he has been trusted to just defend rather than being asked to be the complete ball playing centre back.

Granted he could of closed the Forest striker down a little quicker in the opening game but he won absolutely everything in the air on Saturday and his significant involvement in the oppositions box even led to us taking the lead (haven't seen it that many times but I'm still not sure why that was given as an own goal). There are always going to be instances when players lose headers in the air and it shouldn't be used as a stick to beat him when it happens occasionally.