Author Topic: Harvey Barnes (recalled to Leicester)  (Read 163351 times)

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Harvey Barnes (recalled to Leicester)
« Reply #600 on: January 30, 2019, 10:51:05 PM »
 :( No he has gone...not returning...he will keep the bench warm at Leicester...holding back his development.He will be lucky to get 10 mins here and there.
Very sad for such a talented player....but hey "no sour grapes"we enjoyed his time with us.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #601 on: January 30, 2019, 10:53:46 PM »
He will be back here in the summer on a permanent deal.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #602 on: January 31, 2019, 01:57:05 AM »
He will be back here in the summer on a permanent deal.
Mate this is the Harvey barnes thread, not Giles!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #603 on: January 31, 2019, 10:19:21 AM »
Mate this is the Harvey barnes thread, not Giles!!

Made me laugh, uncomfortably more than it should........
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #604 on: February 27, 2019, 02:16:47 PM »
MOM last night I see.... :(

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #605 on: February 27, 2019, 02:24:51 PM »
MOM last night I see.... :(

He's a Rogers kind of player and could now flourish.
More chance the next team he play's for is England rather than WBA. Leicester are lucky fuggers.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #606 on: February 27, 2019, 08:01:44 PM »
He's a Rogers kind of player and could now flourish.
More chance the next team he play's for is England rather than WBA. Leicester are lucky fuggers.

If Rogers liked Burke his balls will probably burst when he starts working with Barnes. Imagine the damage Barnes would do in the SPL.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #607 on: March 01, 2019, 10:44:40 PM »
Harvey your my player of the season, how the clueless duo have missed you and how we have found out that they aren't up too much

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #608 on: March 01, 2019, 11:07:22 PM »
Harvey your my player of the season, how the clueless duo have missed you and how we have found out that they aren't up too much
He was not our player he as now gone nothing we can do get over it.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #609 on: March 09, 2019, 06:26:33 PM »
He was not our player he as now gone nothing we can do get over it.
God bless you Harvey for giving us hope, because if we had not had you for half a season we would be in a relegation battle now.
It's the hope that kills you.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #610 on: March 11, 2019, 06:34:21 AM »
He proved that he is the player we need.
We have to open the cheque book and pay, so that we can progress.
"Got to speculate to accumulate".

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #611 on: March 11, 2019, 07:36:45 AM »
He proved that he is the player we need.
We have to open the cheque book and pay, so that we can progress.
"Got to speculate to accumulate".

Going to be hard to find anyone like him knocking about willing to come down to us and if you mean try and actually sign him then there is more chance of Big Dave being in charge Wednesday than us signing Harvey Barnes on a permanent. Not a chance in hell he would want to leave Leicester to come here and n chance we could afford him

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #612 on: March 11, 2019, 08:52:12 AM »
It must be me, but I find it hard to understand how young Mr Barnes has acquired this messia like status?
He was OK scored a good few goals but he also went up a lot of blind allies, frequently lost the ball, didn't pass to players in better positions and was god awful at tracking back.
But to put all our successes, untill his departure, solely down to him is a bit OTT in my opinion. He was but one cog in a much bigger machine
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #613 on: March 11, 2019, 09:15:02 AM »
It must be me, but I find it hard to understand how young Mr Barnes has acquired this messia like status?
He was OK scored a good few goals but he also went up a lot of blind allies, frequently lost the ball, didn't pass to players in better positions and was god awful at tracking back.
But to put all our successes, untill his departure, solely down to him is a bit OTT in my opinion. He was but one cog in a much bigger machine

Yes, but he's a cog that we have desperately missed and failed to replace. Our successes and failures are more to do with tactics and team selection than losing Barnes, although it would be crazy to dismiss the impact his creativity and goals had on our team

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #614 on: March 11, 2019, 09:22:29 AM »

But if an important cog falls off a machine then the machine breaks down. And that's what has happened. He was virtually our only creative outlet. If you look at our midfield, we have either age or inexperience. And we have 3 recognised strikers. He was a vital mixture of both midfield and attack.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #615 on: March 11, 2019, 12:44:10 PM »
He was probably instructed to stay up the pitch and not track back. Despite 'not passing to players in better positions' he massed up 8 or 9 assists without taking corners and free kicks (notice who setup Vardy's hundredth goal on Saturday). He's a modern attacker who shifts the ball at speed - he will occasionally lose the ball or choose the wrong option but a lot of the time it's about doing 2 or 3 things in a game that make a difference. If he was just 'OK' God help the rest of our players.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #616 on: March 11, 2019, 12:57:49 PM »

Some players get better and better in their absence.  However, the more i see other players the more sure I am  that this kid was and is the real deal.  Seeing him not only out pace, but also out muscle Hutton at the Hawthorns before leaving him for dead was my moment of the season.   An ability to carry the ball for a distance at pace, an eye for a forward pass, and a goalscorer to boot.   Possibly went back to the PL early, but by all accounts after a patchy start he has really started to look the part for Leicester and now has a manager who can really develop him.  Anybody still thinking he might play for us again, more likely the next team he might play for other than Leicester will be England if he can improve his overall game.     

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #617 on: March 11, 2019, 01:02:38 PM »
If we're saying he was only average then it's either so grapes or blind optimism of what else we have.

He single-handedly won us points (Sheff Wed away as an example) and we have missed him sorely since he went back to Leicester. With him, alongside Gayle and Rodriguez, in the team we were able to simply rely on our attackers to win games without having to have too much of a tactical plan going forward.

Now he's gone we need more of a plan cause his replacements are not as good. I had thought it was foolish by Leicester to recall him and he'd benefit from the extra half a season at us, which I probably still stand by but he's still had decent game time even in PL.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #618 on: March 11, 2019, 01:04:47 PM »
Some players get better and better in their absence.  However, the more i see other players the more sure I am  that this kid was and is the real deal.  Seeing him not only out pace, but also out muscle Hutton at the Hawthorns before leaving him for dead was my moment of the season.   An ability to carry the ball for a distance at pace, an eye for a forward pass, and a goalscorer to boot.   Possibly went back to the PL early, but by all accounts after a patchy start he has really started to look the part for Leicester and now has a manager who can really develop him.  Anybody still thinking he might play for us again, more likely the next team he might play for other than Leicester will be England if he can improve his overall game.   

Yep...and I honestly think he'll be persuaded to leave his beloved Leicester by Man Utd or similar. Fantastic player.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #619 on: March 11, 2019, 01:05:19 PM »
Barnes went missing for long periods of games for us, but his contribution should not be down played, with Phillips he was easily our best player in the first half of the season. Even on an off day he could spring to life and produce a moment of brilliance. We haven't adequately replaced him, shoe-horning our best striker into his role even though he is massively unsuited to it, thereby weakening 2 positions.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #620 on: March 11, 2019, 01:07:27 PM »
Whether he was having a good game or not the one thing the boy had was QUALITY. Quality on the ball that made a difference. His vision, his timing and execution of a pass, his composure on the ball. He hurt teams. Someone mentioned the goal he created v Villa. Yes others may have got to the ball first as well but Barnes got his head up, didn't rush, made the correct choice and executed the pass for Gayle perfectly. We have no-one at all now that would create that goal.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #621 on: March 11, 2019, 01:10:36 PM »
At Ipswich away, I commented to my mate that he was being too predictable and kept running up blind alleys, next thing he hits the post and then pops up with the decisive goal.

He isn't a workhorse but he is a match winner / changer.  few and far between nowadays, Leicester have at least 2 in Maddison / Barnes.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #622 on: March 11, 2019, 01:31:45 PM »

I know what you are saying Frank, but he was the cog in our team, and whilst he had quieter games and occasionally run up blind alleys, he made things happen and sometimes came out of these blind alleys and with a goal or an assist. He was not afraid to try these things and have a go. Its no co incidence that since he was recalled, the team has gone south with their performance.

A bit like when we had Lukaku, it was a pleasure to have seen such a talented lad play for the Albion and I wish him all the very best.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 01:35:19 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #623 on: March 11, 2019, 02:37:25 PM »
Could he still be offered up as a Player of the Year nominee?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #624 on: March 11, 2019, 02:50:25 PM »
Could he still be offered up as a Player of the Year nominee?

Why not? I am struggling to see anyone ahead of him......
MAGA!