Author Topic: Play offs  (Read 98552 times)

maximus

• Youth Baggie

Re: Play offs
« Reply #400 on: May 05, 2019, 02:57:07 PM »
Don't have a clue what out best formation is, Personal, Players have been chopped and changed, Like it's press randomise and go from there.

How we don't have a manger is laughable, And the players are running the show it's evident.

Villa will spank us, We all know and sense it. They had numerous chances against us at home, And Grealish was't playing the 2nd game.

Jenkins needs to answer for alot. Roll on the massive clearance in the summer.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #401 on: May 05, 2019, 03:05:55 PM »
Can't see us beating the Vile you need to do what Leeds did and put someone on Grealish we just don't have anyone who can do what Kalvin Phillips did.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #402 on: May 05, 2019, 03:13:37 PM »
Wonder when the ticket announcement will be

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #403 on: May 05, 2019, 03:17:04 PM »

I say that then the next poster plucks Montero out of the air and shuffles Rodriguez back out wide.

We're going to play 352.

Johnstone

Dawson
Bartley
Hegazi

Holgate
Phillips
Brunt
Johansen
Gibbs

Rodriguez
Gayle

I just pray Livermore isn't fit.
The only bite we have is Livermore , that said I wouldn't be surprised to see Harper.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #404 on: May 05, 2019, 03:17:43 PM »
Can't see us beating the Vile you need to do what Leeds did and put someone on Grealish we just don't have anyone who can do what Kalvin Phillips did.

I'd say Harper but the mans made his mind up and is elsewhere, Maybe Field could do the job, Definitely not Livermore though.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #405 on: May 05, 2019, 03:19:59 PM »
Due to Harper's poor attitude I think I'd rather see Livermore ahead of him. Can't believe I've had to type that.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #406 on: May 05, 2019, 03:20:14 PM »
I'd say Harper but the mans made his mind up and is elsewhere, Maybe Field could do the job, Definitely not Livermore though.

Definitely not Harper he switches off too much, not disciplined enough for that role.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #407 on: May 05, 2019, 03:23:31 PM »

Definitely not Harper he switches off too much, not disciplined enough for that role.
Sam Field marked Erikson out of it away at Spurs last season , worth a look.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #408 on: May 05, 2019, 03:24:57 PM »
Just can't see the ball winner out of Brunt, Phillips and Johansen.
Brunt can't tackle and shouldn't. Phillips is big and quick so you think he would have it in him but he doesn't. Johansen is the best of the 3 at it but wouldn't describe him as such

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #409 on: May 05, 2019, 03:25:25 PM »
Dont get the fascination with field, dont think ive really seen him do anything, bar goal at bolton. Plays too safe, lighweight, league 1 player

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #410 on: May 05, 2019, 03:26:04 PM »
Field yes I'd overlooked him. He would be ahead of Harper and Livermore for me anyways.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #411 on: May 05, 2019, 03:44:05 PM »
I'd be going 4-5-1 against Villa. Only chance we have is to stifle them. We have to have a holding player against Grealish. Field is the only one who can do that.

Johnstone

Holgate          Dawson                        Hegazi            Gibbs

Phillips          Johansen     Field           Brunt              Rodriguez

Gayle

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #412 on: May 05, 2019, 03:44:27 PM »
Villa will be licking their lips, and will reckon they can finish this as a contest at their place.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #413 on: May 05, 2019, 03:45:02 PM »
Think Appleton should take over as head coach as Shan is clearly out of his depth, Bartley as captain Jimmy really, f ing another clueless coach.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #414 on: May 05, 2019, 03:50:24 PM »
Field yes I'd overlooked him. He would be ahead of Harper and Livermore for me anyways.
Yes. He can tackle and his area coverage is larger than the others.
But he won't be included in the match-day squad after Livermore and Brunt return.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 03:53:44 PM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #415 on: May 05, 2019, 03:54:10 PM »
Difficult to think we'll go up on today's showing.

One thing that irked me this afternoon, but wasn't in any way surprising, was what happens when we're under the pump and the other team has momentum and a spell of forward thrust. We concede and down tools and we're overrun. We were dogs**t once they made it 2-1.

Happened against Derby at home and today. Boro' at home. Leeds away. Bristol City away. Happened against Bristol City at home as well (though we did win 4-2). I'd argue that is has happened many more times than that against sides of lesser quality who haven't capitalised on the chances they create/are gifted.

We are a patchy side. We can score and create. We also concede spells of dominance in games and that has been a theme of the season throughout.

Obviously would LOVE to see us go up but can't help but think we'll be rubbish for 25 minutes somewhere along the line and that'll do for us. 

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #416 on: May 05, 2019, 03:58:09 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/may/play-offs-away-leg-ticket-details/

2000 tickets for the away leg and Matt Wilson has tweeted saying we will only sell 2000 tickets to villa fans

Does that mean we will move the void over and sell more tickets to home fans?

Can 2000 even be segregated? Thought it was 1800 max

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #417 on: May 05, 2019, 04:03:36 PM »
Difficult to think we'll go up on today's showing.

One thing that irked me this afternoon, but wasn't in any way surprising, was what happens when we're under the pump and the other team has momentum and a spell of forward thrust. We concede and down tools and we're overrun. We were dogs**t once they made it 2-1.

Happened against Derby at home and today. Boro' at home. Leeds away. Bristol City away. Happened against Bristol City at home as well (though we did win 4-2). I'd argue that is has happened many more times than that against sides of lesser quality who haven't capitalised on the chances they create/are gifted.

We are a patchy side. We can score and create. We also concede spells of dominance in games and that has been a theme of the season throughout.

Obviously would LOVE to see us go up but can't help but think we'll be rubbish for 25 minutes somewhere along the line and that'll do for us.
all down to having no control what so ever in midfield and its been criminal by those in charge that they haven't addressed this problem. Jenkins and Dowling should be shown the door as they are not the people to take club forward as for lying he needs to show some sort of interest in club or he might as well say goodbye to his investment.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #418 on: May 05, 2019, 04:06:45 PM »
HRK has given us a real problem. Even if he's not worthy of a starting place, we can't be going into games with ony 2 regular strikers in the squad. Over 90 minutes you've got the fatigue factor, and at Wembley it could be over 120 minutes.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #419 on: May 05, 2019, 04:09:06 PM »
HRK has given us a real problem. Even if he's not worthy of a starting place, we can't be going into games with ony 2 regular strikers in the squad. Over 90 minutes you've got the fatigue factor, and at Wembley it could be over 120 minutes.

Is rather play a goalkeeper or a full back or a center half or a defensive midfielder etc etc then robson Kanu up front

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #420 on: May 05, 2019, 04:11:51 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/may/play-offs-away-leg-ticket-details/

2000 tickets for the away leg and Matt Wilson has tweeted saying we will only sell 2000 tickets to villa fans

Does that mean we will move the void over and sell more tickets to home fans?

Can 2000 even be segregated? Thought it was 1800 max

If we give them 2000 the segregation area will be larger. They cannot divide the concourse in this way.

All restricting the away allocation in this way will do is reduce the capacity of the ground.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #421 on: May 05, 2019, 04:16:42 PM »
Can't Burke be eligible to play in the playoffs?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #422 on: May 05, 2019, 04:24:55 PM »

If we give them 2000 the segregation area will be larger. They cannot divide the concourse in this way.

All restricting the away allocation in this way will do is reduce the capacity of the ground.
we should reduce theirs to 1800 and increase size of home allocation.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #423 on: May 05, 2019, 04:31:24 PM »
Each club has given the other 2k so there will be around 700 empty seats at our leg.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #424 on: May 05, 2019, 04:31:54 PM »
Albion will contest the first leg of their Sky Bet Championship Play-Off semi-final against Aston Villa at Villa Park on Saturday, May 11 (ko 12.30pm).
Tickets on sale from 9am Tuesday
On sale online and in person
Dedicated telephone line for disabled supporters only
Tickets will only be available for purchase online at wbatickets.co.uk or in person at The Hawthorns ticket office.
Please note there will be no telephone sales for Play-Off games. The only exception to this is for disabled supporters who should use the designated number sent by email from the Club last week. All queries should be directed by email to tickets@wbafc.co.uk. or our dedicated Twitter account @WBA_Support.
Tuesday, May 7   From 9am   Away season-ticket holders
       From 1pm   2018/19 and/or 2019/20 HSTH who have attended 10 or more away fixtures this season
Wednesday, May 8   From 9am   2019/20 HSTH who have attended 6 or more away fixtures this season
    From 1pm   2018/19 HSTH who have attended 6 or more away fixtures this season
Thursday, May 9   From 9am   2019/20 HSTH who have attended 4 or more away fixtures this season
    From 1pm   2018/19 HSTH who have attended 4 or more away fixtures this season
Prices
Adult   Â£25
Seniors (65 and over), under-21s & students   Â£10
Under-18s   Â£5
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 04:36:43 PM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)