Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844600 times)

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2200 on: November 22, 2018, 08:30:53 PM »
Because it's easy, because people spend £49 on FIFA and become experts , because some don't actually understand the game .

Not that anybody here should have to defend their viewpoint, but I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years now. Granted that's not as long as some, but it's a period in which we've seen a lot, from different divisions, managers, owners, and chairmen, to a change in the face of modern football.

Just because you don't agree with somebody does not mean they learned everything off a FIFA game. That's a pretty poor assumption in my honest opinion.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2201 on: November 22, 2018, 08:33:29 PM »
The youngsters may make mistakes thing is something that irks me a bit. Tell me a footballer who doesn't make mistakes.

Jay Rodriguez should be dropped after his back pass against Derby then surely? Had Edwards or Leko been on the pitch and done what JRod did would there have been a different reaction?

Sorry to pick on JRod because there's not one of our players that hasn't made mistakes in almost every game this season, his was just the most glaring and relatively recent in memory. 

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2202 on: November 22, 2018, 08:48:42 PM »
The youngsters may make mistakes thing is something that irks me a bit. Tell me a footballer who doesn't make mistakes.

Jay Rodriguez should be dropped after his back pass against Derby then surely? Had Edwards or Leko been on the pitch and done what JRod did would there have been a different reaction?

Sorry to pick on JRod because there's not one of our players that hasn't made mistakes in almost every game this season, his was just the most glaring and relatively recent in memory.

See this is part of my argument too. Over the last couple of years, we've seen some very experienced players make some very glaring mistakes - and I'm talking about on the field, not the 'steal a taxi' kind, for a change. At least the younger lads have the potential to see what they did wrong and learn from it; what's Hegazi really going to learn from taking five minutes to pass it directly out of play? (That was against Blues, for those wondering).

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2203 on: November 22, 2018, 09:11:33 PM »
It could be argued that experienced players are making mistakes on a regular basis in some cases and yet still keep their places despite obviously not learning from them. A youngster will make a mistake 100% guaranteed but hopefully they would learn from it.

If they are good enough they are old enough, 75 games should not be needed to find out
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2204 on: November 22, 2018, 09:25:37 PM »
Not that anybody here should have to defend their viewpoint, but I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years now. Granted that's not as long as some, but it's a period in which we've seen a lot, from different divisions, managers, owners, and chairmen, to a change in the face of modern football.

Just because you don't agree with somebody does not mean they learned everything off a FIFA game. That's a pretty poor assumption in my honest opinion.
Wasn't aimed at any individual, point being there are many reasons why people start jumping up and down
I think my suggestions are also valid
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2205 on: November 22, 2018, 09:50:14 PM »
Nowhere has he said they need 75 games to be considered for match time at Albion, which is how nearly everyone who's commented on this thread about these comments has interpreted it.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2206 on: November 23, 2018, 08:53:29 AM »
Nowhere has he said they need 75 games to be considered for match time at Albion, which is how nearly everyone who's commented on this thread about these comments has interpreted it.

Managers - even relative novices such as Moore - use the press to communicate messages to both the players and the fans, which may not be exactly the words they use. We've seen this and we know this.

He's not saying they won't be considered for selection - that would simply dishearten them and they wouldn't work as hard. No, the message he's putting across is that because of their inexperience, they will always be behind the older players in terms of team selection, and both the young players and the fans need to understand that.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2207 on: November 23, 2018, 10:48:57 AM »
Managers - even relative novices such as Moore - use the press to communicate messages to both the players and the fans, which may not be exactly the words they use. We've seen this and we know this.

He's not saying they won't be considered for selection - that would simply dishearten them and they wouldn't work as hard. No, the message he's putting across is that because of their inexperience, they will always be behind the older players in terms of team selection, and both the young players and the fans need to understand that.
or the curtains are blue...

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2208 on: November 23, 2018, 04:27:07 PM »

For all we know the comments were aimed at players who have refused to go on loan. We don’t really know.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2209 on: November 23, 2018, 09:25:28 PM »
Deserves huge credit for the past 2 games

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2210 on: November 23, 2018, 09:51:41 PM »
Well done Darren. Maybe those who have slated him should now at the very least acknowledge that he has learned and adapted.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2211 on: November 23, 2018, 09:53:16 PM »
Made the simple decision to keep it the same as Leeds and got the much deserved win tonight.

At the end of the day, with the squad we have, we should be at least where we are in the league but over the last two games, he's finally got the squad playing to their strengths.

I must say though, playing Phillips on the right of the centre three has been a fantastic decision though. Keep it up Darren!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2212 on: November 23, 2018, 10:01:11 PM »
Considering the flack he has got after that winless run and even throughout the start when goals galore papered over cracks. He has changed his system and he's got back to back wins.

Well done Big Man and coyb
O Albion we love you

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2213 on: November 24, 2018, 09:35:13 AM »
Darren Moore deserves huge credit. Head coaches are stubborn, they don't change their minds as a rule but Darren did against Leeds and he's not backed away from the issue against Ipswich he picked the same again. We are all quick to criticise (and rightly at times) but lets be quick enough to heap praise when it's merited as well. Leeds was our best performance of the season and Ipswich was our best away performance of the season, all is grand at the moment. At this present moment in time he gets 10/10 for his management.

Graeme Jones stated that Leeds was a one off. I don't know what he meant by that but clearly either he didn't mean the system or Darren Moore has contradicted him. I don't know which but I don't care. What id does show is the words don't mean a thing it's actions that count and to be fair that's always been the case.

There are no youngsters from our academy making any impact. This I was critical of Darren for at the start of the season as this should've been the breakthrough season for Sam Field and to be overlooked in favour of Chris Brunt was wrong for me. However, judging by the fact that Rekeem Harper is getting the nod on the bench with us playing 4-3-3 it seems Darren doesn't see a place for Sam in that system at all, preferring the physicality of Harper instead, which I can understand. Field's progress has clearly stalled and you now have to seriously question his future at the club. None of other youngsters to be fair to Darren should be getting first team action although I would like to see Oliver Burke on the bench. His pace one on one with a full back may turn out to be one hell of a weapon.

Overall, excellent stuff from Darren Moore. Keep it up big man.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2214 on: November 24, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »
The three of Morrison, Livermore and Phillips seems to be working very well indeed.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2215 on: November 24, 2018, 10:01:08 AM »
Graeme Jones stated that Leeds was a one off. I don't know what he meant by that but clearly either he didn't mean the system or Darren Moore has contradicted him.

I think too much has been made of Jones' comments. I think he was referring to the game plan of sitting back, soaking up possession and then hitting on the counter. Even though the formation was the same last night, we applied it very differently as we pressed high and gave both Phillips and Morrison the scope to join the attack.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2216 on: November 24, 2018, 07:40:04 PM »
Regarding post above Harper over field. Think because Harper has the ability to come in and replace Phillips and Livermore as he is a lot better at getting about the field. Field is competiting with Barry and Morrison for the other spot.

Field really needs a loan deal come January along with Edwards and or leko (depends whether we keep hoolahan)
O Albion we love you

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2217 on: November 28, 2018, 09:57:39 PM »
3 wins out of 3

Well done Darren

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2218 on: November 28, 2018, 10:00:39 PM »
Fantastic run. If we can make it 5 on the bounce that would be a fantastic lead up to Christmas.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2219 on: November 28, 2018, 10:03:00 PM »
Brilliant response to all the nonsense said about him. A poor run answered by three successive wins. He’s answered his critics.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2220 on: November 28, 2018, 10:04:57 PM »
Brilliant response to all the nonsense said about him. A poor run answered by three successive wins. He’s answered his critics.

Not all was nonsense, as is the usual case both sides have some who go ott one way or the other, not just one.

Hopefully he has realised what works and what doesn't

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2221 on: November 28, 2018, 10:06:33 PM »
The main thing is that Moore has changed it up a bit in recent weeks and shown he can use different styles and even win ugly if needed. I hope he continues to improve.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2222 on: November 28, 2018, 10:10:07 PM »
Not all was nonsense, as is the usual case both sides have some who go ott one way or the other, not just one.

Hopefully he has realised what works and what doesn't

He should have been given more time and understanding. Too many had written him off. Who knows how good or bad he will be, but we should at least support him while he learns the ropes while turning us around from the post Pulis nightmare. I think that so far he has done a great job.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2223 on: November 28, 2018, 10:32:05 PM »
He should have been given more time and understanding. Too many had written him off. Who knows how good or bad he will be, but we should at least support him while he learns the ropes while turning us around from the post Pulis nightmare. I think that so far he has done a great job.

And too many were praising him over the top after a win, middle ground is needed. Long long way to go

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2224 on: November 28, 2018, 10:42:59 PM »
And too many were praising him over the top after a win, middle ground is needed. Long long way to go
I agree, he definitely deserved criticism when he was on his bad run, as he also deserves praise right now.

That's management I suppose, you live and die by your decisions.