Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 724540 times)

Pie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #1650 on: April 15, 2019, 07:12:05 AM »
Jack Ross would be a really bad appointment. Sunderland should be miles ahead in league 1. I live in the north east and none of the Mackems are keen on him

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1651 on: April 15, 2019, 07:25:21 AM »
this is has comical as the British Government
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1652 on: April 15, 2019, 08:22:36 AM »
this is has comical as the British Government

Tough call as to which is worse

Board need to move quickly and resolve in next 24 hours. Appoint supporting coaches and get on with it.

My worry now is we will dilly dally in the summer, irrespective of the division, and we will lose out on signings and transfers.

I can imagine us losing to villa, having a fire sale and being so disorganized that we sign noone until the end of August. Everything appears to be around saving money.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1653 on: April 15, 2019, 08:33:17 AM »
may as well just give it to Appleton and Shakespeare

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1654 on: April 15, 2019, 08:34:05 AM »
The only thing I know is that I do not want to see Shan leading us into the play offs.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1655 on: April 15, 2019, 08:45:46 AM »
The only thing I know is that I do not want to see Shan leading us into the play offs.

I think its looking more and more likely that it will be Shan seeing the season out as boss.

The biggest thing the club need to do now, is with everything about the whole Alex Neil situation turning out the way it did - the club have to either come out this week and back Shan with another coach, or even an announcement to say he's in charge till the end of the season.

The uncertainty of this whole game by game, week by week mentality is no good. Just put it to bed and let everyone focus on getting us up.

My biggest concern of all is, its clear to see this board is incompetent in making any decisions and if Shan does manage to get us up this season, I cant see the board having the b*lls to give the job to someone else, putting us in the exact same position next year of a novice man in charge.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1656 on: April 15, 2019, 08:58:40 AM »
This board (Jenkins) has form for this short-termism. One of his first decisions was to retain Pardew way past what was normal which helped to relegate us. arguably, a month ago a new man could've given us some impetus for the play offs. We're doing well under Shan (credit to him) but this all feels the same as last season - wait and hope that something happens.

I think we're best to now appoint an experienced coach to support Shan throughout the last few games and play - offs then hope (that word again) that the board somehow wake up with a plan in the summer................

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1657 on: April 15, 2019, 09:07:02 AM »
This board (Jenkins) has form for this short-termism. One of his first decisions was to retain Pardew way past what was normal which helped to relegate us. arguably, a month ago a new man could've given us some impetus for the play offs. We're doing well under Shan (credit to him) but this all feels the same as last season - wait and hope that something happens.

I think we're best to now appoint an experienced coach to support Shan throughout the last few games and play - offs then hope (that word again) that the board somehow wake up with a plan in the summer................

I have zero faith in the board having a plan. I would bet my house on them giving Shan the job full time if he got us promoted.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1658 on: April 15, 2019, 09:16:42 AM »

Shan will be the figurehead, but the real power will be wielded by the clique of senior players that will dictate formations, tactics, player selection et al and I think they will have the Boards blessing until the end of the season.

“Power to the Players”  and “Chrissy Brunt Rules”  OK!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1659 on: April 15, 2019, 09:30:21 AM »
Why would any manager want to take over a company is such disarray (Money I hear you say)
But any manager worth his salt would be looking in from the outside and think to himself that we are a real bunch of naughty word about merchants, no plan, little prospects, an absent owner and a clueless board that hangs managers out to dry all day long.
Apart from the cash why would a decent manager want this job?

It amazes me that we are being linked with Jack Ross  :'(
I do hope that this is just paper talk again, but it does seem like the type of manager our board would go for.
Another one to be manipulated then hung out
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 09:50:41 AM by tuamigos »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1660 on: April 15, 2019, 10:26:36 AM »
May as well keep Shan in charge for the rest of the season only 4 games left. Plus further 3 to Wembley.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1661 on: April 15, 2019, 11:15:22 AM »
Why would any manager want to take over a company is such disarray (Money I hear you say)
But any manager worth his salt would be looking in from the outside and think to himself that we are a real bunch of naughty word about merchants, no plan, little prospects, an absent owner and a clueless board that hangs managers out to dry all day long.
Apart from the cash why would a decent manager want this job?

It amazes me that we are being linked with Jack Ross  :'(
I do hope that this is just paper talk again, but it does seem like the type of manager our board would go for.
Another one to be manipulated then hung out
Why such bold negativity? We're fourth, firmly in the playoffs, a real shot of promotion with 2 strikers with 21 goals each. I know we've faffed around with our managerial appointments but for such a strong message, for a team with a real shot of an instant return, i don't get it.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1662 on: April 15, 2019, 11:50:50 AM »
I'd be amazed if its not Shan......he ticks all the boxes for Jenkins, the biggest being he will be nice and cheap.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1663 on: April 15, 2019, 11:59:38 AM »
Neil staying at PNE should be a wake up cal to all of us ,fans , board, staff uncle  Tom Cobbley etc .  If he sees us as no better  attraction than staying where he is then many are deluding themselves as to what type of proposition we are. The board clearly have not helped the recruitment with their abject lack  of foresight and planning. To sack DM on the eve of the international break without having anybody or it would seem any real clue as to who should succeed him borders on the criminally negligent as well as showing them to be clueless and out of touch !! >:( :( >:(

I was thinking along the same lines. Can only assume he would have asked the board about financial assurances should he get the club promoted and was given none.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1664 on: April 15, 2019, 12:04:51 PM »
Why such bold negativity? We're fourth, firmly in the playoffs, a real shot of promotion with 2 strikers with 21 goals each. I know we've faffed around with our managerial appointments but for such a strong message, for a team with a real shot of an instant return, i don't get it.

you missed out managerless, rudderless and clueless.
But you're quite correct we are 4th, but forgot to add that we should have been promoted about 3 weeks ago with the correct guidance

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1665 on: April 15, 2019, 12:22:50 PM »
you missed out managerless, rudderless and clueless.
Two of whicb are your opinion, which you are entitled to, but as with all football chat, its most based on what we believe and speculate and not what we actually know. We act like we've had a really bad season, and despite barnes going, question marks over the loyalty of our owner and a constant negativity on social media we are still getting results. Can't believe people can write us off for the playoffs yet. Maybe we should have been promoted, but lets be honest, is it a complete crisis?

kendo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1666 on: April 15, 2019, 12:32:56 PM »
If we get Jack Ross, do we have to pay Sunderland compo, or do they pay us for taking him away. What a load of rubbish this club are . No ambition what so ever, they have been a joke,not just for this season. Did they really think we could attract somebody as big as ALEX NEIL. I am trying really hard to get this club out of my system.l

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1667 on: April 15, 2019, 01:55:20 PM »
Jack Ross sounds even less inspiring than Alex Neil did.

Whatever happens and whoever we appoint, Jenkins has to go in the summer.

This whole process has descended into an embarrassing farce.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1668 on: April 15, 2019, 01:59:26 PM »
It's clear Neal has used the widely publicised 'approach' to leverage his better deal with PNE
How much of what is being said is true no one knows and probably never will
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1669 on: April 15, 2019, 02:14:17 PM »

We really are scrapping the barrel now, I can't believe how incompetent our board and owner really are.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Pureade1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1670 on: April 15, 2019, 02:27:57 PM »
This board and ownership are destroying this club and if we as fans dont wake up and realise that if we dont get these incompetent fools out of our great club soon then the damage their mismanagement will takes many years to put right.

We cant even attract the likes of Alex Neil who to be honest is no great shakes as a manager then you have to ask why and there is only one reason - incompetent management by the hierarchy and an owner who couldnt care less about the club.

Lai Out!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1671 on: April 15, 2019, 02:40:43 PM »
If we appoint Jack Ross, I think that would be it for me.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1672 on: April 15, 2019, 03:01:04 PM »
If we appoint Jack Ross, I think that would be it for me.
I'd rather have Tom Ross
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1673 on: April 15, 2019, 03:05:27 PM »
I'd rather have Tom Ross

I'd rather have had Bob Ross. At least he could have painted a less bleak picture lol

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1674 on: April 15, 2019, 03:10:27 PM »
Here's a novel idea
Why not leave it as it is now.
6 maybe 7 games to go, with the players we have available what can a new manager do in that space of time.
The players can only play one way. Their way.
Its a high risk strategy bringing in a new bloke at this stage of the season, he might shag it up altogether