Author Topic: 5 Oct 2019 Albion 4 Cardiff City 2  (Read 35592 times)

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2019, 09:40:46 AM »
Is there any extended highlights, can only see the 2min video?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2019, 09:49:40 AM »
Great performance for the most part. I don't know if we switched off at 3-0 more that we still had plenty of possession but decided that the game was won and we didn't need to score anymore so we just tried to keep the ball without any real [purpose and then conceded a sloppy goal which gave Cardiff a bit of a lift.
Once they had got their second we realised that we needed the breathing space of another goal which we duly got.
As an earlier poster said 4-2 flattered Cardiff, it should have been 4 or 5 -0.

After criticising Sawyers in midweek I have to say he was much better yesterday; keeping the ball moving and generally as very tidy in his play.
Everybody played their part and put a real shift in, it's just a shame we couldn't get that first home clean sheet.

Had a feeling that Austin was going to score but after the keeper made that save with his leg I was beginning to doubt it! You could see the relief on his face when he put the chance away, a really great finish.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2019, 12:47:29 PM »
Missed the game but delighted to see us pick up what seems as though a comfortable victory

Seen the goals - all of them of the highest quality.

Fantastic stuff

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2019, 01:06:47 PM »
Is there any extended highlights, can only see the 2min video?
on ifollow, along with the broadcast.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2019, 03:49:51 PM »
With the dust settled, me having sobered up and having time to look back at footage of the game I have concerns about the goals we conceded. On another day that might cost us.

First one, there is a mix up in midfield but Ajayi and Bartley just don't deal with the runner at all. There has to be communication here, Bartley has to be yelling to Ajayi to go with the man, Bartley has the better overall view of the situation. Ajayi just doesn't seem to know what to do he just stands there and does nothing. Bartley, sensing that Ajayi is not set to cover the run has to get across quicker, instead he sort of ambles across. Poor defending all round.

Second one, free header from a corner. That is never good enough. Ajayi appears to be the closest man to the goalscorer, though the camera angle isn't the best.

I know we will concede goals but in a game like yesterday, 3-0 up at home and the much better side, it shouldn't be happening. One, OK but not two, we nearly threw away a game we'd got won.

Given the nature of the goals we conceded I believe we lost our focus once the third goal went in, lost our mental sharpness. Something that needs addressing moving forward and I'm sure Slaven's had a word or two.
Not the best camera angles - Ajayi seemed to be unsure whether to go with his man or not; Furlong just let the ball go over his head, I think it was MacAuley who once said in an interview even if you can't get it you go for it, make the other guy work and maybe put him off, instead he got a free header

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #180 on: October 06, 2019, 04:46:51 PM »
Decent comments from CCFC forum  - both team and fans come in for praise. Hopefully we can keep both going.

West Brom are likely to finish top 2 and it definitely showed. We were outclassed all over the pitch with some very poor performances from certain city players. If it wasn’t for smithies it could have easily been 5 or 6. Annoying we leave it late and are losing before having a go at teams.
For me, ward comes in for Glatzel, Ralls for bacuna and Tomlin for Patterson. Despite a decent performance from smithies I think Etheridge will also come in.

On a side note, 2nd time I’ve been to West Brom and both times the atmosphere has been good. Definitely up there with the best grounds I’ve been to in terms of atmosphere. If only our main standing/singing section was next to the away fans....

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #181 on: October 06, 2019, 05:09:51 PM »
Some of the play going forward was an absolute joy to behold.

We need to cut out the defensive lapses though - I think probably they happened yesterday because we though the game was won.

The fact that we're top, yet there is still scope for improvement, and everybody has a positive mindset going forward, is massive.

alex1

• WBA Coach

Ejected for wearing away shirt
« Reply #182 on: October 08, 2019, 05:22:53 PM »
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sorry-say-again-cardiff-city-17050541

Just reading this story about a Cardiff supporter who sat in one of the home stands in his Cardiff shirt and getting ejected from the ground. Just wonder if his treatment was a bit over the top with 3 police officers and 4 stewards ejecting him when apparently he was sitting quietly with his wife in an Albion top, enjoying their wedding anniversary.

I know its a difficult one for stewards, as if you make one exception, its the thin end of the wedge argument. I think stewards needed to keep a close eye on the situation, but if he's obviously minding his own business and only with his wife, it seems a bit of an extreme reaction. Its actually a bit sad that football is the only sport where 2 partners or friends supporting different teams can't watch a game together.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ejected for wearing away shirt
« Reply #183 on: October 08, 2019, 05:38:00 PM »
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sorry-say-again-cardiff-city-17050541

Just reading this story about a Cardiff supporter who sat in one of the home stands in his Cardiff shirt and getting ejected from the ground. Just wonder if his treatment was a bit over the top with 3 police officers and 4 stewards ejecting him when apparently he was sitting quietly with his wife in an Albion top, enjoying their wedding anniversary.

I know its a difficult one for stewards, as if you make one exception, its the thin end of the wedge argument. I think stewards needed to keep a close eye on the situation, but if he's obviously minding his own business and only with his wife, it seems a bit of an extreme reaction. Its actually a bit sad that football is the only sport where 2 partners or friends supporting different teams can't watch a game together.

A bit of common sense should have been applied here i think. Sitting with his wife who was wearing an Albion shirt and not causing any trouble.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #184 on: October 08, 2019, 06:20:33 PM »
3 police officers and 4 stewards yeah that’s over the top i agree with that but the idiot deserved to be thrown out . I can guarantee you now if you wore an Albion shirt in the Cardiff end you would end up in an ambulance not just be thrown out.

What did he expect to happen , not very clued up is he . I’ve been in home ends following the Albion and I wouldn’t dream of wearing colours , you try the best not to jump up if we score.

Why did he have to wear a shirt and make a point just go in plain clothes and enjoy the game. Nobody would of even known then. Idiot if you ask me

The bloke deserved everything he got

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:22:55 PM by wbarenno »

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #185 on: October 08, 2019, 06:38:15 PM »

Why did he have to wear a shirt and make a point just go in plain clothes and enjoy the game. Nobody would of even known then. Idiot if you ask me

The bloke deserved everything he got

Exactly my thoughts, go in the home end of any ground if needs must, but it's so obvious that you don't wear colours!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #186 on: October 08, 2019, 06:43:18 PM »
I go to Leicester every time we play them and sit with my Brother (Foxes season ticket holder), i now know a lot of the people in the same block, however there is no way I would wear my WBA shirt, they know I am a baggie and the crack is great but there are boundaries which I observe out of respect to 'aer kid" and the Leicester fans, and to keep intact my amazing good looks.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2019, 06:53:13 PM »
He could have gone to the game without having to wear his shirt in the home area.
He's not a kid.
Can't honestly see what he's moaning about.
OK the way he was asked to leave may have been OTT but the stewards were not to know what sort of personality they would be dealing with
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2019, 07:24:06 PM »
The guy is clearly an attention seeker. He stood in front of me in the que to get in.

His shirt was clearly on view and he was carrying a jacket. I told him the only way he would gain access was to put his jacket on and keep it on throughout the game.

I went on to say should you remove the jacket you will be ejected. No surprise to see him being kicked out.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2019, 07:37:47 PM »
Bearing in mind Cardiff city’s reputation as fans aswell . Surely he knows that . If there’s games that have the potential for trouble then Cardiff is one of them .

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2019, 07:50:42 PM »
No sympathy from me, he was just asking for trouble. Had Cardiff scored first would he have sat still and said nothing? Probably not. Perhaps he should try that stunt when they play Swansea and see how long he lasts. I can guarantee he wont see a ball kicked...…

The steward and police presence may have been a little over the top, but they may have been dealing with 'mad Dai from the valleys' and it could have all kicked off. We now know that he was quite placid, but I think that they were just exercising safety in numbers.

They were rather naïve as the couple to be honest, tends to suggest they do not go to many games......
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 09:00:25 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2019, 08:40:26 PM »
No sympathy, everyone knows the score on this one

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2019, 10:50:52 PM »
Act like a moron and face the consequences. Who’d have thought it?

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #193 on: October 09, 2019, 08:40:17 AM »
Difficult to conceive now that once upon a time, long, long ago, opposing fans stood in the same stands at either end to watch a match.  Mind you people only wore scarves then rather than the in-your-face (and expensive) shirts.  Everything's angrier; it's good job people no longer carry those wooden rattles.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2019, 09:37:18 AM »
It depends did he do anything other than wear a shirt while sat next to his wife? If not it sounds very jobsworth and power tripping from the stewards.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2019, 09:45:26 AM »
It depends did he do anything other than wear a shirt while sat next to his wife? If not it sounds very jobsworth and power tripping from the stewards.

Away fans aren't allowed in the home stands though so he was a bit of an idiot for wearing his shirt.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2019, 09:51:53 AM »
Away fans aren't allowed in the home stands though so he was a bit of an idiot for wearing his shirt.

Yep and once you allow one to do it .................... .

The guy is 36 years old not 15, no excuse for not knowing better.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2019, 09:55:13 AM »

I just do not understand what he expected to happen. The fact that his wife is a solicitor is worrying. I would not be seeking legal advice from her based on the distinct lack of common sense.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2019, 10:00:43 AM »
the common sense thing would be not to wear an opposition shirt, well done to the authorities
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2019, 10:17:55 AM »
I just do not understand what he expected to happen. The fact that his wife is a solicitor is worrying. I would not be seeking legal advice from her based on the distinct lack of common sense.

Perhaps he took his coat off because it was hot sat in the Sunshine in the East Stand? He even offered to put his coat back on. Sounds like the professionally offended got offended to me.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA