Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 325607 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #1225 on: May 15, 2018, 10:27:33 AM »
Personally, I would be devastated (may be too strong a word) if we didn't get to say goodbye to Claudio.  He has been a fantastic servant and a great player for us, his axis with Mulumbu and Morrison for a couple of seasons was just superb.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1226 on: May 15, 2018, 10:29:56 AM »
I think Yacobs lack of game time, and the preference of Barry made him feel he was surplus to requirement.  He might also know who the new manager is,or isn't.
I've always liked Claudio, and i wish him well.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1227 on: May 15, 2018, 10:35:42 AM »
Personally I would keep him for another season. Love his no nonsense approach in front of the back four.

However, I can see how disillusioned he must be under Pulis and Pardew so I wouldn't blame him if he sorted himself out a deal back home. I only hope that he would come back to say farewell. 
MAGA!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1228 on: May 15, 2018, 11:05:30 AM »
Top clubman Claudio, always rated him.
Hope he stays,would be great in championship for us.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1229 on: May 15, 2018, 11:09:30 AM »
Like Claudio, always have.
With a bit more pace to his game he could well have played towards the top end of the table.
Hope he stays for another season.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1230 on: May 15, 2018, 11:22:48 AM »
Won't be facing any disciplinary hearing for the weekend, neither will Evans.  Amazing the difference in response.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1231 on: May 15, 2018, 11:32:30 AM »
Won't be facing any disciplinary hearing for the weekend, neither will Evans.  Amazing the difference in response.

Might be due to it being a different situation, I dunno.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1232 on: May 15, 2018, 12:33:19 PM »

One texted the boss saying no thanks  >:(
the other fly home & may or may not have had clearance to do so. we will have to wait & see, i hope he did has it would go against his character if he didn't.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:12:02 PM by geoff »

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1233 on: May 15, 2018, 12:46:36 PM »

One has represented us well over several years, always giving his all, while the other has taken the urine for the last 12 months despite being made captain.

Amazing.

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1234 on: May 15, 2018, 02:16:47 PM »
Come back Claudio

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1235 on: May 15, 2018, 04:03:19 PM »
One has represented us well over several years, always giving his all, while the other has taken the urine for the last 12 months despite being made captain.

Amazing.

I realise the difference, what I'm saying is have a pop at Evans for his role in taxi gate, his performances etc, god knows, he's given everyone ammo but having a got at him over this while not criticising Yacob is a bit hypocritical. 

Turns out, according to the E&S they both had permission to miss the match so it's just over the top reporting.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1236 on: May 15, 2018, 05:45:20 PM »
Hope he stays and starts next season alongside Field and Morrison with some pace out wide from Burke and Phillips. One of our best ever signings.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1237 on: May 15, 2018, 06:42:54 PM »
Out of all our outfield players, Yacob is my favourite. I don't think it's coincidence that our form dropped when he was replaced in the midfield under Pulis. For me, he's one of the most underrated players around.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1238 on: May 15, 2018, 06:50:59 PM »
The way I heard it was that Yacob was at training on Saturday and said he'd got a tight calf/hamstring.  Therefore he wasn't selected for the squad.

Evans just sent a text on Saturday saying he wasn't available. (Although the club described it slightly differently.)

The club say both absences were approved anyhow.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1239 on: July 14, 2018, 12:23:24 AM »
Just started a two week trial for Stoke  :o

Well done Big Dave for your utter stupidity, quality, tenacious and loyal midfielder now with a rival.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1240 on: July 14, 2018, 02:22:53 AM »

Well done Big Dave for your utter stupidity, quality, tenacious and loyal midfielder now with a rival.

Hold your horses fella. That's on a troll account on twitter its a football manager 18 account. Yacob isn't training with Stoke.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1241 on: July 14, 2018, 03:26:39 AM »
Hold your horses fella. That's on a troll account on twitter its a football manager 18 account. Yacob isn't training with Stoke.

Are you surprised? The guy hates anyone and everything about the club and can't resist a chance to spout negativity. Made a fool out of himself again though, the tweet was about someones football manager save.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1242 on: July 14, 2018, 04:32:25 AM »

Football Manager! You swallowed it hook, line and sinker. That is really quite hilarious. Getting your hair off about an imaginary two week trial in a game of pretend. I haven’t laughed so much since 1 - 5.

I imagine you will be wanting to withdraw your comment about Moore now?

Oh, and can I just say, I loved Claudio. Tremendous servant for the club and a player I always enjoyed watching, however hanging on to players past their sell by date has worked against us on a number of occasions. So on balance I wish him well, say thank you Yac, and good luck, but it was time to part company.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 04:45:25 AM by Chipperfan »
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1243 on: July 14, 2018, 09:40:25 AM »
Are you surprised? The guy hates anyone and everything about the club and can't resist a chance to spout negativity. Made a fool out of himself again though, the tweet was about someones football manager save.

Your a long way off the mark. Glad the tweet was bull and Yacob isn't training with Stoke but I'm still very disappointed he was released, a huge error in my view. You accuse me of hating anyone / everything about the club. For the record I was and am a huge fan of Yacob who was a legend and should have been kept on. The decline of us in the premiership coincided with Yacob being phased out of the team.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1244 on: July 14, 2018, 12:24:13 PM »
Your a long way off the mark. Glad the tweet was bull and Yacob isn't training with Stoke but I'm still very disappointed he was released, a huge error in my view. You accuse me of hating anyone / everything about the club. For the record I was and am a huge fan of Yacob who was a legend and should have been kept on. The decline of us in the premiership coincided with Yacob being phased out of the team.
It also coincided with Morrison and Chadli being injured, Phillips injuries,  McAuley out of the team you can pick any of a multitude of reasons for the decline.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1245 on: July 14, 2018, 01:01:13 PM »

Yacob is a very limited footballer, can’t pass, can’t shoot and can’t play in a 442. Also a sending off waiting to happen. Club made the right decision for me

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1246 on: July 14, 2018, 01:52:27 PM »
Yacob is a very limited footballer, can’t pass, can’t shoot and can’t play in a 442. Also a sending off waiting to happen. Club made the right decision for me

Say what you like regarding whether it was right to let Claudio go, as is your prerogative.

But one red card in 160 Premier League appearances (+1 in the FA Cup v the Vile) would suggest he wasn't a red waiting to happen.

O.K so he got 41 yellows in those 160 Prem' appearances, but it was still only the one red.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/claudio-yacob/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/45330/wettbewerb/GB1/verein/984

It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1247 on: July 14, 2018, 04:53:07 PM »

Probably the worst post I've ever read. He was immense for us and our decline started when he was dropped.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1248 on: July 14, 2018, 05:06:19 PM »
We shall miss him sorely.
He was the "blocker" at the back.
He didn't have to run much, because he could read the game.

Slimbo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1249 on: July 14, 2018, 05:13:11 PM »
We shall miss him sorely.
He was the "blocker" at the back.
He didn't have to run much, because he could read the game.
100% agree - he will be missed
I drink to forget but I don't forget to drink