Author Topic: 9 Nov 2019 Hull City 0 Albion 1  (Read 7583 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

9 Nov 2019 Hull City 0 Albion 1
« on: October 19, 2019, 03:55:15 PM »
Hull City v West Bromwich Albion

Saturday 9th November 2019 15.00pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 03:56:13 PM »

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 03:56:32 PM »

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 03:59:26 PM »

PRICES

Allocation: Initial 2813

£30 Adults, £18 Seniors, £18 U23
*Under 2's not allowed in stadium and Under 14's must be accompanied by an adult

SALE DATES

Away Season Ticket Holders - Monday October 14
Home Season Ticket Holders Online - Wednesday October 16
Home Season Ticket Holders Online/ In Person/ Phone - Monday October 21
Members Online - Monday October 21
Members Online/ In Person/ Phone - Monday October 28
General Sale - Wednesday October 30

For upto date ticket info
CLICK HERE

MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 25 POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OFFER TICKETS FOR SALE OR REQUEST TO BUY TICKETS ON WESTBROM.COM.
 ANYONE IGNORING THAT RULING WILL HAVE THEIR POST REMOVED.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:07:52 AM by OldburyWBA »

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 05:47:21 PM »
Nearly 1200 sold so far.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 08:30:00 PM »
Nearly 1200 sold so far.

Only 1600 left to sell. Derby seemed to have a good following there on  Saturday - hope we can do the same. Waiting for n4 to come on sale. Train ticket booked

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 09:23:50 PM »
Now I hate sky as much as anyone but even I cannot blame them for the kick off time shown above.  :o :o
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 09:36:05 PM »
Now I hate sky as much as anyone but even I cannot blame them for the kick off time shown above.  :o :o

;) ;) ;) ;) Great spot

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 12:08:23 AM »

No idea what you mean 15.00pm = 3pm  :-* :D

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 10:44:54 PM »
Last 5 matches.
We have 3 wins and 2 draws.
Hull have 3 wins and 2 losses.
They are at home.
They are on a roll with their last 3 matches, all wins.
Could be a tight match.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 10:46:46 PM by Droitwich Baggie »

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 11:36:21 PM »
Like to think that after tonight’s result and performance we can sell a few more tickets for Saturday

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 02:42:19 AM »
Haven't watched the game just yet but very happy with the win.

An away win, 3 points, a clean sheet and top of the table deserves celebrations.

But I must agree with most on here to say that the team still doesn't seem to be 100% entirely settled.

Everyone thought a few matches ago that Hegazi would automatically come in for Bartley but that hasn't eventuated.

Bartley is playing good football I understand.

The left back spot is a worry with Ferguson suspended, Gibbs injured and Townsend not defensively sound, although some are saying he's  played OK.

Striker is also a problem with Austin not getting among the goals, Zohore non existant and HRK coming in and scoring goals but as a sub rather than a starter. 

I could go on with all the problems we seem to have - complaints about Livermore's passing and tackling, Sawyers not being effective (apart from today) and Filip and Periera not able to play together.

And despite all of these problems, Slav has us top of the league.

While we haven't been setting the world on fire with our form, at least the guys are playing for each other and the coach.

I am still hoping that at some stage we are going to really unload on a team and rip them apart.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 02:47:43 AM »
Great result away, shame about the kit change; in one word"ugly"
Livermore looks like a new player this season, its amazing what a new coach and tactics can do for a players confidence. Losing some extra weight has helped too.
I haven't felt this good about watching the Baggies in a long time.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 03:59:31 AM »
Went to the game. Foundation built on a great save by Johnstone, and a magnificent performance from Bartley. Won by a very good goal from the SUPERB Livermore. Shame about the two bookings, but it's only one game , and then they both have clean sheets. COYB
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 05:58:59 AM »
Great result away, shame about the kit change; in one word"ugly"
Livermore looks like a new player this season, its amazing what a new coach and tactics can do for a players confidence. Losing some extra weight has helped too.
I haven't felt this good about watching the Baggies in a long time.
;D My old team use to play in purple with white shorts and white socks...not as overpowering but very smart. :D

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 06:51:14 AM »
Good win, played some great stuff at times, gave them 3 good chances, but, you have to stick the ball in the old onion bag, they didnt
Baggie in Southampton

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 07:17:21 AM »
Went to the game. Foundation built on a great save by Johnstone, and a magnificent performance from Bartley. Won by a very good goal from the SUPERB Livermore. Shame about the two bookings, but it's only one game , and then they both have clean sheets. COYB
They don't quite get clean sheets because if they get to 10 bookings they get a 2 game ban (current rate of progress they comfortably will)....15 bookings 3 game ban.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 07:43:39 AM »
So many good performances on Saturday, but an unsung hero of the match for me was HRK. He ran his socks off, held the ball up, brought other players into the game, played all along the line, was always available to the player with the ball when we were in the final third and was relentless even without receiving much service and no real goal scoring opportunity.

Well done HRK!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2019, 08:09:36 AM »
Given their current form that was the best result of the season IMO. Everybody played well except Phillips and Diangana who had their moments but were decidedly average with their output. Krovinovic was superb when he came on dictated the possession and completely took the sting out of Hull.

Livermore was fantastic, thought he won a lot of second balls and probably delivered his best performance for the club.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2019, 09:35:03 AM »
A dogged performance without hitting a lot of the highs that we can.

Thought Diangana in particular was out of sorts apart from about 10 mins before he went off when he started to look to take his defender on. He does seem to bottle out of 50/50s too.

Bartley, Livermore and HRK were the stand out players for me. Townsend did well as did Furlong. The midfield and defence were solid throughout though and we limited Hull to 2 or 3 real chances. We managed to keep Grosicki and Bowen quiet mostly, and when they did get chances Grosicki fluffed his and Bowen was offside.

Krovinovic played well when he came on, but there was a chance at the end when he looked to pass instead of just putting his foot through it about 4 yards out.

Another good away clean sheet against a team that many thought would score.

Now we just need to start keeping those clean sheets at home.

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2019, 10:57:04 AM »
another gritty away performance if only our home form had been as good in terms of securing wins we would be 10 points clear by now , cannot wait till January to hopefully get a striker in who can net consistently whether it be Gayle or A N other and if we are still top 2 by then then it will give us every chance of auto promotion, as far as individual performances go , sure some of these younger lads will go off the boil from time to time , but there are other good young lads chomping at the bit to get in the team, which is what good squads are all about , keep it going you baggie boys

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2019, 11:07:08 AM »
It was a good game, quite open.  Hull had some decent chances to at least get on the score sheet.  We also missed a few clear ones too and I think we deserved the 3 points.  Livermore was excellent.  World class save from SJ. 

I thought one of their players was pretty good, Bowden? (there was 2 with similar names and I can't remember which one it was). He gave the defence a bit of a dodgy time.

No Sawyers\Livermore for the next game, will take a point now I think.  I'd be tempted to go Krov and Barry.

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2019, 11:07:22 AM »
another gritty away performance if only our home form had been as good in terms of securing wins we would be 10 points clear by now , cannot wait till January to hopefully get a striker in who can net consistently whether it be Gayle or A N other and if we are still top 2 by then then it will give us every chance of auto promotion, as far as individual performances go , sure some of these younger lads will go off the boil from time to time , but there are other good young lads chomping at the bit to get in the team, which is what good squads are all about , keep it going you baggie boys

Geez mate, I almost keeled over from lack of breath trying to read that. :)

Whack some full stops in next time before I die of asphyxiation. Ha ha! :)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2019, 11:08:24 AM »
Bartley again stand out for me after a couple of early wobbles, but honorable mention for Townsend also, i thought he did really well both in defence and offence. 
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2019, 11:42:56 AM »
I thought we did well on balance against a quick and skilled Hull team (though with limited end product).  At this stage of the season I see some real positives.  Our defence in my view is improving, and we do not have Hegazi back as yet either.  In the midfield we are outstanding and can dominate play.  Upfront we are weakest.  HRK has performed better than I expected when he has come on as a sub but Austin looks like he lacks fitness and perhaps even a bit of motivation.  Not sure I see anyone else coming through here, so pretty much as we said at the start of the season we need a striker.  I am nervously watching West Ham's position, and despite the positive talk, I think Grady will be recalled.  He is too good for The Hammers not to pull that lever.  Big test against a well structured Owls when we have a couple of suspensions.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2019, 12:06:10 PM »
The football Gods were with us a bit there, could easily have been 1-1, but well done the chaps for seeing it out, (almost) makes up for Charlton. 

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2019, 12:58:24 PM »
Just don't see how he can drop Bartley at present. To my surprise (and that of many others Im sure) he is in excellent form, as is Livermore. Must be the Slav effect!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2019, 01:10:36 PM »
Be interesting to see what we do for the next game.  There's always the option of Ajayi going into midfield with Krov and Hegazi\Bartley at CH.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2019, 01:43:54 PM »
It was a good game, quite open.  Hull had some decent chances to at least get on the score sheet.  We also missed a few clear ones too and I think we deserved the 3 points.  Livermore was excellent.  World class save from SJ. 

I thought one of their players was pretty good, Bowden?
(there was 2 with similar names and I can't remember which one it was). He gave the defence a bit of a dodgy time.

No Sawyers\Livermore for the next game, will take a point now I think.  I'd be tempted to go Krov and Barry.

think it's Jarrod Bowen you are talking about (the other is Josh Bowler who was subbed, he's on loan from Everton). He had the goal ruled out for offside. Scored 22 last season and has 10 in all comps so far this season. Think his contract is up soon.  Probably end up at lower prem team like Watford.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 03:14:30 PM by Hull Baggie »

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2019, 01:47:22 PM »
think it's Jarrod Bowen you are talking about (the other is Josh Bowler who was subbed, he's on loan from Everton). He had the goal ruled out for offside. Scored 22 last season and has 10 in all comps. Think his contract is up soon.  Probably end up at lower prem team like Watford.

Ah yeah, that seems the guy, played quite far forward.  He looked like he'd be pretty average but I thought he had a great game and we struggled to contain him at times.  He always seemed to find the right annoying pass when he was under a bit of pressure.  Like a far more skillful HRK.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2019, 02:15:56 PM »
Ah yeah, that seems the guy, played quite far forward.  He looked like he'd be pretty average but I thought he had a great game and we struggled to contain him at times.  He always seemed to find the right annoying pass when he was under a bit of pressure.  Like a far more skillful HRK.

He's a very good player, far too good to be where he is currently but that will soon change.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2019, 02:48:04 PM »
He's a very good player, far too good to be where he is currently but that will soon change.

We should certainly be trying to get him if regardless of which league we are in next year.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2019, 02:57:19 PM »
Done my ligaments in my foot celebrating, off work now, winner for me!!
For me livermore was an absolute beast he was everywhere, Johnstone sweeping up was superb

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2019, 03:18:30 PM »

Strong rumours that Leeds will be in for him in Jan (but then the same rumours were about in pre season).

He's from Leominster so maybe would prefer a return to the Midlands?

As I said before though I would imagine he'll end up at a lower end prem club (maybe us next season?!)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2019, 04:44:38 PM »
Not much of a game then  :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties