Author Topic: Rest in Peace Cyrille Regis.  (Read 80081 times)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Rest in Peace Cyrille Regis.
« Reply #325 on: January 14, 2019, 02:46:49 PM »
Legend and Humble man thinking of you today.
God bless .

Relive the moving moments from the perfect West Brom tribute that did Cyrille Regis proud.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/969886112?-11200:789

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #326 on: January 14, 2019, 02:56:23 PM »
Legend and Humble man thinking of you today.
God bless .

Relive the moving moments from the perfect West Brom tribute that did Cyrille Regis proud.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/969886112?-11200:789

Every time I hear that music the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. R.I.P Cyrille.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #327 on: January 14, 2019, 07:34:35 PM »
R.I. P. Cyrille,best striker I've seen in an Albion shirt.
Just a thought though I saw the king for years brilliant player in a great side.
If Jeff is the King what do we call Cyrille?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #328 on: January 14, 2019, 10:55:04 PM »
Cant believe its been a year rest in peace big man.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #329 on: May 21, 2019, 06:08:23 PM »
I was at the unveiling today, a good turn out from fans and ex players but I am not keen on the statue. A great thing to do though for those 3 excellent players and men Cyrile would be very humble and proud.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #330 on: May 21, 2019, 06:46:20 PM »
I was at the unveiling today, a good turn out from fans and ex players but I am not keen on the statue. A great thing to do though for those 3 excellent players and men Cyrile would be very humble and proud.

That is extremely diplomatically put. Fair play.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #331 on: May 21, 2019, 07:06:38 PM »
When compred to the Bomber statue I think it's a really poor likeness

If you just saw the faces away from the shirts and the setting, you would struggle to know who they were
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #332 on: May 23, 2019, 03:56:55 PM »

Haven't seen it yet, but it appears this is becoming a trend

"Worse than Ronaldo': George Best the latest footballer to be honoured with a dubious statue"

Source:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/23/worse-ronaldo-george-best-latest-footballer-honoured-dubious/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #333 on: May 23, 2019, 04:49:45 PM »
Haven't seen it yet, but it appears this is becoming a trend

"Worse than Ronaldo': George Best the latest footballer to be honoured with a dubious statue"

Source:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/23/worse-ronaldo-george-best-latest-footballer-honoured-dubious/
I have just seen the George Best statue in the paper another abomination!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #334 on: May 24, 2019, 01:13:20 AM »
If there is one saving grace for the George Best statue, then it's to make the one for the three degrees look like something Michelangelo would be proud of. Some of these 'artists' really do need to be strung up by the balls  :-X .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #335 on: May 28, 2019, 03:46:31 AM »
I haven't got a problem with the statue but I have got a problem with the location with me a very small platform could of been built on the east stand car park so atleast its away from the trashy people in town. I was up there earlier and a woman was sat on it and allowed her kids to just stand on the platform I know that alot of people don't know what the statue is or who the three players are but you just don't do stuff like that especially when you consider that two of the three degrees are no longer with us. Awful decision to put it up the town. I'll definitely end up rowing with someone one of the days due to a lack of respect being shown.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #336 on: May 28, 2019, 10:28:43 AM »
I haven't got a problem with the statue but I have got a problem with the location with me a very small platform could of been built on the east stand car park so atleast its away from the trashy people in town. I was up there earlier and a woman was sat on it and allowed her kids to just stand on the platform I know that alot of people don't know what the statue is or who the three players are but you just don't do stuff like that especially when you consider that two of the three degrees are no longer with us. Awful decision to put it up the town. I'll definitely end up rowing with someone one of the days due to a lack of respect being shown.

The location is a joke no denying that but the club wanted nothing to do it with it and to be honest can't blame them, the cost just kept on going up, where has all the money gone? The bloke who organised it has a previous history so I don't blame the club at all.

It was only when Brendon Batson got involved and got the PFA to finish paying for it it got sorted.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #337 on: January 09, 2020, 11:23:04 PM »

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #338 on: January 10, 2020, 12:19:00 AM »
Tom from West Btom

https://youtu.be/j8IMbuB3HTw
great sentiment. But that is truly awful.