Author Topic: Woodman Corner  (Read 12181 times)

bromsgrovebaggy

• WBA Newbie

Woodman Corner
« on: May 08, 2015, 02:01:50 PM »
It's now been 12 months since the pub was renamed "Woodman Corner" - to celebrate the 1st anniversary please see the new website that went live today www.woodmancorner.com, in particular the page regarding the Jeff Astle VIP Lounge. This place is a must visit for any Albion fans.........

You can follow Woodman Corner on Facebook www.facebook.com/woodmancorner or on Twitter @wba_woodman.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Woodman Corner
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 02:50:19 PM »
Is that Busby's as was?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

bromsgrovebaggy

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 02:54:16 PM »
Yes but totally different now after 3 years of hard work sorting it out.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 10:08:46 PM »
Yes but totally different now after 3 years of hard work sorting it out.

Will westbrom.com be getting a link back to us from your website ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 11:16:00 PM »
I can go past at 7pm on an evening and it's closed.

Does anyone know the opening hours?

bromsgrovebaggy

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 10:40:53 PM »
Hi OldburyWBA,

If you drop me an email on info@woodmancorner.com I'm sure we can add a link to WestBrom.com on our site.

BB74

As far as opening hours, we close at 7pm Monday - Weds, unless we have a special function on, Thursday and Sunday general opening hours. Friday's 1.00am, Saturday's 3.00am.

Check out
http://www.woodmancorner.com/entertainment.html for entertainment - this should help with regards to opening times.

bromsgrovebaggy

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 10:44:11 PM »
You can also follow us on Twitter @wba_woodman or on Facebook www.Facebook.com/woodmancorner

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 10:41:00 AM »
Hi OldburyWBA,

If you drop me an email on info@woodmancorner.com I'm sure we can add a link to WestBrom.com on our site.

BB74

As far as opening hours, we close at 7pm Monday - Weds, unless we have a special function on, Thursday and Sunday general opening hours. Friday's 1.00am, Saturday's 3.00am.

Check out
http://www.woodmancorner.com/entertainment.html for entertainment - this should help with regards to opening times.

Blimey, not sure what that says about work ethic and the drinking population of west brom !
I thought 6:00pm-11:00pm was the prime time for drinking (ie after work)
Albion Family !!!

bromsgrovebaggy

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 07:17:13 PM »
Good point......

For the record, as we have a 24 hour licence - we would stay open 24 hours (every day) if the place was busy enough to warrant it.

To see what we're all about - Join us for the end-of-season party on the 24th May (after the final whistle Arsenal v Baggies) where we have amazing Ska2nite performing - Always a fantastic day/night when these guys perform.

See http://www.woodmancorner.com/entertainment.html - 24th May!!

COYB

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »
Are Ska2nite back together now?

It's a good night in the Woodman. We're in there regularly.

Steve and Tracey have done a fantastic job in turning the place around - both very pleasant people too. I love the selection of Albion flags and t-shirts above the bar.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

bromsgrovebaggy

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 09:12:52 PM »
Think Ska2nite had a lovers tiff the last time we had them, all sorted now!

Thanks for the comments, my business partners will be pleased  ;D

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 01:42:52 PM »
I heard  :D

All the pub needs now is to start selling Banks' or Worthingtons  :D

bromsgrovebaggy

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 12:30:36 AM »
Like many others, if you support us we'll serve whatever you want, from Worthy's,  McDonald's Milkshakes to Umbongo on draught. Tell us and we'll sort it, that's a promise LiamTheBaggie  ;)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 10:41:09 AM »
Worthingtons ????

Fizzy keg rubbish, IMHO.

Who would run a pub ay? got to cater for all sorts, you can never get it 100% right.
Albion Family !!!

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 11:10:20 AM »
Worthingtons ????

Fizzy keg rubbish, IMHO.

Who would run a pub ay? got to cater for all sorts, you can never get it 100% right.

I must admit, it is quite unusual for a bitter drinker to actually ASK for a keg beer! It is usually the case of "They've only got Worthingtons/John Smith's, I'll stick to the lager"! As you say Albionic, it's impossible to cater for everyone's tastes.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 11:15:21 AM »
I must admit, it is quite unusual for a bitter drinker to actually ASK for a keg beer! It is usually the case of "They've only got Worthingtons/John Smith's, I'll stick to the lager"! As you say Albionic, it's impossible to cater for everyone's tastes.

one thing that gets my goat is when good brews like "Old Speckled Hen" get turned into fizzy carbonated keg 5hite. I'm sure the breweries get another cheep beer and re-brand it as something which was popular like "OSH"
Albion Family !!!

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 11:58:39 AM »
one thing that gets my goat is when good brews like "Old Speckled Hen" get turned into fizzy carbonated keg 5hite. I'm sure the breweries get another cheep beer and re-brand it as something which was popular like "OSH"

Wetherspoons have got a lot to answer for with this. I love my cask real ales but I won't touch them in a Wetherspoons pub. Ruddles is a another prime example of this, as is Doombar. I used to quite like them when my local had them on as a guest ale every now and then, now they just seem to be a bog standard regular beer in Wetherspoons, it's like a totally different drink!
Talking about re-branding beer, I used to work at a certain pub no longer open in Stourbridge. We used to have 'Kinver Edge' on as a permanent real ale supplied from the local Kinver brewery. The thing is, it wasn't always Kinver Edge at all, it was just whatever beer the brewery had going spare when we ran out! We never changed the label on the pump. Nobody ever seemed to notice a difference or complain even though the strength probably varied from 3.8 to 5.5! Happy days.

bromsgrovebaggy

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 05:53:34 PM »
Woodman will and have tried real ales - currently we only have Bathams and Doombar in bottles, which I know for real ale drinkers is not the real thing.

Unfortunately, it appears we are a Fizzy Lager/Cider pub, although this is not by choice!! We did put on a barrel of Holden's Golden Glow a few months ago and despite selling it for less than £2.00 per pint, we threw at least half of it down the sink.

As I say, we'll cater for all needs but we cannot afford to stock everything on the off-chance a real ale dinker comes in......very much chicken and egg!!!

How many people out there would be up for a mini beer festival if we put on 6 or 7 (or more) real ale favourites? :P

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 05:59:24 PM »
Are you open before the Chelsea game ? Me and a pal are planning an early start might pop in  :).

bromsgrovebaggy

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 06:02:21 PM »
Yes, we'll be open. We're showing the game too.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »
Woodman will and have tried real ales - currently we only have Bathams and Doombar in bottles, which I know for real ale drinkers is not the real thing.

Unfortunately, it appears we are a Fizzy Lager/Cider pub, although this is not by choice!! We did put on a barrel of Holden's Golden Glow a few months ago and despite selling it for less than £2.00 per pint, we threw at least half of it down the sink.

As I say, we'll cater for all needs but we cannot afford to stock everything on the off-chance a real ale dinker comes in......very much chicken and egg!!!

How many people out there would be up for a mini beer festival if we put on 6 or 7 (or more) real ale favourites? :P

That sounds a great idea. An opportunity to introduce your typical lager/cider customers to real ales too. There are a good many breweries cropping up locally now,you've got Sadler's and Craddock's in Stourbridge for a starters, and obviously Batham's on the Delph. It would be great if you could get a number of locally brewed beers in for a mini festival, good publicity for the pub and the breweries.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 06:26:14 PM »
Like many others, if you support us we'll serve whatever you want, from Worthy's,  McDonald's Milkshakes to Umbongo on draught. Tell us and we'll sort it, that's a promise LiamTheBaggie  ;)

Anyone of Banks, M&B or Worthingtons is fine with me

It would get drunk don't worry. I spend about £40 in there every Saturday night  ;D

Is this Steve btw?   :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 06:32:31 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

bromsgrovebaggy

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 12:30:07 PM »
Hi LiamTheBaggie,

No Steve doesn't know how to turn on a laptop never mind post on here ;)

I'm Wayne, Steve and Tracey's business partner (Tracey's brother).

See you up there soon hopefully!!!