Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1336371 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #7850 on: March 01, 2023, 09:24:37 AM »
A draw's probably a good result for us, as they are both potential challengers.
A win for either was the best result a draw sees them both move a further point ahead
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7851 on: March 01, 2023, 12:43:54 PM »
Shooting people down for chatting footy  :o

i wouldnt go that far, i was just saying if we concentrate on our own performances we'll be better off than worrying about 8? other teams
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7852 on: March 01, 2023, 01:07:23 PM »
i wouldnt go that far, i was just saying if we concentrate on our own performances we'll be better off than worrying about 8? other teams

Agreed. Pretty much every season its around about 75 points that's clinching the final top 6 spot.

If we get the required 27 points from our final 13 we should make it, if we don't we won't.

Any time someone in the current 3-6 slots starts going on a bad run of results, it just means someone else will be going on a good run

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7853 on: March 01, 2023, 01:14:14 PM »
A win for either was the best result a draw sees them both move a further point ahead

A draw is always the best result unless one of the teams is a relegation battler, less points go into the table. We’ve seen with Blackburn this season that avoiding draws is the best thing you can do in this league, a poor team with a zero GD yet we just can’t catch them because they win so many games.

If we can get the vital win on Friday we’d be 3 points behind both Luton and Millwall with 12 games left, far better than still being 5 points behind one of them.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7854 on: March 01, 2023, 03:08:44 PM »
A draw is always the best result unless one of the teams is a relegation battler, less points go into the table. We’ve seen with Blackburn this season that avoiding draws is the best thing you can do in this league, a poor team with a zero GD yet we just can’t catch them because they win so many games.

If we can get the vital win on Friday we’d be 3 points behind both Luton and Millwall with 12 games left, far better than still being 5 points behind one of them.

and we have a game in hand on them too. Luton play Swansea and Millwall play Norwich on Saturday so both could drop points.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7855 on: March 01, 2023, 03:21:31 PM »

Not convinced by that arguement. A winner last night would have left us a point nearer the loser and as we are likely to only have to catch one of them it would be a point less we have to get !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7856 on: March 01, 2023, 06:23:46 PM »
Not convinced by that arguement. A winner last night would have left us a point nearer the loser and as we are likely to only have to catch one of them it would be a point less we have to get !

We are 10th, there are teams out the play offs we need to overtake as well. The more teams not running away with a play off place, the better.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7857 on: March 01, 2023, 07:37:36 PM »
We won’t know if one of those teams getting those extra two points will effect till the end of the season. Better they only have point each,  then it’s in our hands to gain 3 points.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7858 on: March 01, 2023, 08:12:32 PM »

I get your point but, unless you're chasing 1 specific team, a draw is always the best result. We're 10th so we need to overtake at least 4 teams, and with the likes of Norwich and Watford outside the playoffs we need as few points going to the playoff contenders as possible. Every draw between the teams in 2nd to 10th means 1 less point going to our direct rivals.

Draws are next to useless in this league. Besides us, the only teams I want to see winning games are Burnley, Sheff Utd and the teams in the bottom half.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7859 on: March 01, 2023, 08:37:19 PM »
Blackburn and Lewis O'Brien deal finally confirmed as OFF by Nixon.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7860 on: March 01, 2023, 10:23:32 PM »
Blackburn and Lewis O'Brien deal finally confirmed as OFF by Nixon.

I had assumed that 4 or 5 weeks ago

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7861 on: March 01, 2023, 11:09:18 PM »
I had assumed that 4 or 5 weeks ago

Me too but now it's confirmed. Apparently they have been paying big bucks to lawyers for a month. Cost them a pretty penny for nothing apparently

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7862 on: March 01, 2023, 11:28:23 PM »
Percy and others state Reading face another points deduction of upto 12 points for breaking the rules again. I believe it's 6 points minimum.

Baggiee_Boyy_Benn

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7863 on: March 01, 2023, 11:53:35 PM »

I don’t think many are worrying. More having a conversation about the league hence the thread subject.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7864 on: March 02, 2023, 07:27:09 PM »
Blackburn lose their appeal to get O'brien and have apparently spent over £100k doing it.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7865 on: March 02, 2023, 09:08:25 PM »
I’ve seen a graphic laying out fixture ‘difficulty’ until the end of the season and we have the 2nd ‘easiest’ with an average position of 15.3.

Our fixture difficultly level is heavily affected by the next 4 fixtures though as we play 16, 24, 22 and 21 . On paper we need  a serious return from those, starting tomorrow. The average position of sides we play in the final 9 will be much higher (12.8) which could be in the top 10 most difficult.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7866 on: March 04, 2023, 07:21:46 PM »
Like I suspected the Fa cup is a distraction for Sheff Utd, it's just a shame we won't be taking advantage like Blackburn and Boro.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7867 on: March 05, 2023, 04:45:07 PM »
Looking forward to the away game at Rotherham on Good Friday 7th April is there any reason why it is a 1pm kick off?
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Lionheart

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #7868 on: March 05, 2023, 05:33:10 PM »
Like I suspected the Fa cup is a distraction for Sheff Utd, it's just a shame we won't be taking advantage like Blackburn and Boro.

Fingers crossed they get into the semi-finals as that is set to be played the weekend of the 22nd of April.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7869 on: March 06, 2023, 08:41:30 AM »
If things in the Premier league and League 1  stay as they are we're going to have some horrendous journeys next season...Soton, Bournemouth, Swansea, Cardiff and Plymouth, Sunderland, Boro....not forgetting Norwich and Ipswich. Oh Joy!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7870 on: March 06, 2023, 08:54:53 AM »
If things in the Premier league and League 1  stay as they are we're going to have some horrendous journeys next season...Soton, Bournemouth, Swansea, Cardiff and Plymouth, Sunderland, Boro....not forgetting Norwich and Ipswich. Oh Joy!

Some cracking Saturday 3pm away days from that lot in fairness. I stress 'Saturday 3pm away days'. Not 8pm on a week night, early Sunday morning etc....... you just know that for the most part the kickoff times for those fixtures would be on the most inconvenient days and times for all.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7871 on: March 06, 2023, 10:48:28 AM »
Some cracking Saturday 3pm away days from that lot in fairness. I stress 'Saturday 3pm away days'. Not 8pm on a week night, early Sunday morning etc....... you just know that for the most part the kickoff times for those fixtures would be on the most inconvenient days and times for all.

my point was more from a driving point of view, but you are right if they are 3pm Sat kick offs there are some opportunities for cracking away days /stay overs etc.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7872 on: March 07, 2023, 12:54:51 PM »
Stoke report 29m loss for last year.

Come on Lai. Unleash the books.

I actually expect us to report a small profit like last year it's just whether sticky fingers has dipped in again

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7873 on: March 07, 2023, 04:34:17 PM »
Watford observer saying Slav getting sacked anytime now.

Chris Wilder favourite to take over.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7874 on: March 07, 2023, 04:55:49 PM »
Watford observer saying Slav getting sacked anytime now.

Chris Wilder favourite to take over.
it’s official, Billic gone.  Made it a whole 6 months too.