Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767168 times)

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #3700 on: March 04, 2020, 11:04:38 AM »
I hope the next time we see Brunt is to come on and lift the trophy at the end of the season, other than that i hope last night was his final proper appearance (with the exception of a farewell cameo).

As for Barry, anybody got a Taxi they can lend him for a few months until his contract expires?

You can be the most experienced player in the world, but once you lose your legs you may aswell give up. Shocking from both and i bet both woke up with thoughts of retirement in the summer. Wouldnt surprise me.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3701 on: March 04, 2020, 11:09:50 AM »
i have read that Brunt wants to carry on playing maybe at lower level i presume but last night was sad to watch.

however, in defense of him, he couldn't play CM at 25 never mind 35.

Hopefully he leaves on a high at the end of the season and comes on for the last 10 minutes to say good bye and lift the trophy.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3702 on: March 04, 2020, 11:32:37 AM »
I'm surprised this stuff isn't in the Gareth Barry thread tbh. Brunt showed last night that he can't do it anymore, but Barry was even worse - the guy has nothing left in the tank at all, cost us 1 goal, and could have cost us more.

Brunt needs to move on, but Barry is completely finished.

I totaly agree

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3703 on: March 04, 2020, 01:18:24 PM »
i have read that Brunt wants to carry on playing maybe at lower level i presume but last night was sad to watch.

however, in defense of him, he couldn't play CM at 25 never mind 35.

Hopefully he leaves on a high at the end of the season and comes on for the last 10 minutes to say good bye and lift the trophy.

I 100% agree. I think he will go to Stoke in the summer and work with them. They wanted him in January and he wanted to go.
He will probably play left back.
I would hate to see him stay and be set upon in any rate appearances by the fans.
Last night he really struggled but any player does who hasn’t played for months.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3704 on: March 04, 2020, 01:25:24 PM »
Not going to slag him off as I've always been clear since Coventry away in a friendly under RDM that he is not a centre midfielder, last night I hope was the last game we see him start for us with the exception of the last game of the season if we are already up.

Been a great servant but should have been moved on a couple of years ago.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3705 on: March 04, 2020, 01:25:30 PM »
Didn’t help that Barry was along side and vice verse, also both cannot be match fit as they don’t play. I guess the West Ham game papered over cracks
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3706 on: March 04, 2020, 01:34:46 PM »
Just one final thought on Brunt (and Barry)….. Was it any in way due to lack of fitness having now played for many weeks??

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3707 on: March 04, 2020, 01:54:30 PM »
WHU had Carlos Sanchez playing so we were a man up effectively.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3708 on: March 04, 2020, 09:08:37 PM »
Been a great servant but time catches up with us all.
Time to go Chris, take Barry and Charlie with you as well
Time caught up....megged him and sprinted past
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3709 on: March 04, 2020, 09:49:08 PM »
I do hope this club finally learns that football is a cruel game and it will continue to be a fact that time cannot be ignored, contracts in excess of 2years for over 30,s are plain stupid and awarding any contract for over 35's is a sackable offence. CB has been a very good servant and should not have his reputation sullied again, GB put on gardening leave now.  Charlie, God only knows what we do with him, loan to Walsall???
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3710 on: March 04, 2020, 11:01:52 PM »
I do hope this club finally learns that football is a cruel game and it will continue to be a fact that time cannot be ignored, contracts in excess of 2years for over 30,s are plain stupid and awarding any contract for over 35's is a sackable offence. CB has been a very good servant and should not have his reputation sullied again, GB put on gardening leave now.  Charlie, God only knows what we do with him, loan to Walsall???

The killer combination is age and inactivity. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that the most rapid rate of decline is when a player in their 30's does not play regularly and this is the case with Brunt. He was okay when he was playing regularly last season but now looks hopelessly off the pace.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3711 on: March 15, 2020, 08:43:54 PM »
I haven't had the opportunity to post until now, but this is borderline slander after the Cup match. Brunt had a good game and if not for Gareth Barry we would probably have progressed.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3712 on: March 15, 2020, 10:17:24 PM »
I haven't had the opportunity to post until now, but this is borderline slander after the Cup match. Brunt had a good game and if not for Gareth Barry we would probably have progressed.

Was this a behind closed doors game that the rest of the fans didn't get to see?

He was shocking along with Barry... although Barry was far worse and nearly made Brunt look like De Bruyne.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3713 on: March 15, 2020, 10:49:26 PM »

Oh my God. This is incredible. Brunt was absolutely awful. Totally so.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3714 on: March 16, 2020, 10:30:54 AM »
He didn’t, but of the oap club he was the better of the 3
Barry was embarrassing that night
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3715 on: March 16, 2020, 12:51:13 PM »
I'd be gutted if because of C19 Brunt never gets a final farewell on the pitch.  I had imagined us being champions and on the final day him coming on for the last 10 minutes to an absolutely incredible ovation.
"This crack is really moreish."

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3716 on: March 16, 2020, 01:06:15 PM »

I'm a massive fan of Brunt, and it's fair to say Barry was worse, but Brunt was awful. Just awful.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3717 on: March 16, 2020, 01:16:39 PM »
I'm a massive fan of Brunt, and it's fair to say Barry was worse, but Brunt was awful. Just awful.
I blamed Bilic for risking both against a mobile Newcastle side , a world away from that West Ham side.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3718 on: April 29, 2020, 10:06:22 PM »
Brunty and his two lads have been helping out in sandwell delivering food parcels to the vulnerable. Fair play to him and his boys!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3719 on: April 29, 2020, 10:23:04 PM »
Brunty and his two lads have been helping out in sandwell delivering food parcels to the vulnerable. Fair play to him and his boys!
Yes absolute great work ..

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3720 on: April 30, 2020, 11:16:39 AM »
If you're going to pick somebody to deliver...he's the man.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3721 on: April 30, 2020, 02:30:25 PM »
Good for Brunty. A proper clubman in the community. I hope Albion can find him a position at the club after he finally hangs his boots up.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3722 on: April 30, 2020, 02:49:34 PM »
He is a legend.

Shame when he moves on in a few months

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3723 on: May 02, 2020, 02:45:42 PM »
He is a legend.

Shame when he moves on in a few months
Roll on that day.. Been at the club far to long probably 2/3 years to long

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3724 on: May 02, 2020, 02:58:21 PM »
Roll on that day.. Been at the club far to long probably 2/3 years to long

TBF that is not Brunts fault though. The blame lies on the board. I'm not going to chastise him for taking one last, lucrative contract. I'd have done the same.