Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767172 times)

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #3650 on: January 31, 2020, 10:09:37 PM »
Send harper to them instead and keep brunt

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3651 on: January 31, 2020, 10:16:41 PM »
Joseph Masi
@JosephMasi_Star
Looks like Brunt is staying #wba
Quote Tweet
Pete Smith
@PeteSmith1983
Chris Brunt isn’t coming to Stoke, says Michael O’Neill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3652 on: January 31, 2020, 10:18:15 PM »
Stoke journo says O'Neil says Brunt staying at Albion. Thank **** for that. Now put him in the bloody team.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3653 on: January 31, 2020, 10:19:26 PM »
Joseph Masi
@JosephMasi_Star
Looks like Brunt is staying #wba
Quote Tweet
Pete Smith
@PeteSmith1983
Chris Brunt isn’t coming to Stoke, says Michael O’Neill

Excellent if true. Really pleased. Peltier in, now let's get rid of Ferguson.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3654 on: January 31, 2020, 10:20:21 PM »
Really don’t see the issue here
He’s on  25k a week, never plays , can’t tackle etc etc

He may have contributed well in the past (on the left) but my god he’s been found wanting in recent times and let’s not forget he was never a volunteer and always paid well..

But people crying over him going...but quite happy to shove a young future England right back out the door?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3655 on: January 31, 2020, 10:21:51 PM »
Ferguson will never ever play a senior England international match and is forcing his way out of the club. Brunt a model professional, you're surely on the wind up.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3656 on: January 31, 2020, 10:31:17 PM »
Ferguson will never ever play a senior England international match and is forcing his way out of the club. Brunt a model professional, you're surely on the wind up.
Most certainly not on any wind up
Your comment is your opinion and not fact until Ferguson retires, you are also aware that you stated (amongst many other things) that wolves were doomed this season

Anyway
The”model” thing....assuming you don’t mean the obvious as in static , in which case I’d agree
Then I assume you mean model as in best behaviour etc....would that include stitching up a previous manager ?, regardless of opinion respect should be respect?
There is no doubt that brunt has played a very important role in WBA,s recent history...again I’ll say he also got paid well for it....
I don’t dislike him, I don’t really know him and have no axe to grind personally....but, he is at the tail end of his career , we can debate about what he has to offer but we are literally talking cameos until the inevitable hanging of the boots in the next 24 months...
Ferguson despite easy open accusations about his motivation and character is ....and at a very early age...a fantastic prospect who can play anywhere across the back, and (imo) god willing will play for England

If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3657 on: January 31, 2020, 11:01:52 PM »
Another one who is staying after all

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3658 on: February 01, 2020, 01:07:42 AM »
Retiring at the end of the season following our promotion would be a great way to finish his career.

A true modern day hero
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3659 on: February 01, 2020, 09:56:36 AM »
He's a legend!

Glad he's staying and will hopefully get a proper send off.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3660 on: February 01, 2020, 06:55:15 PM »
Anybody celebrating his staying care to stump his wages whilst he doesn’t play?

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3661 on: February 03, 2020, 09:03:05 AM »

The thing is, you can only really complain about still having his wages on the books if we could have used it to bring other players in.

We weren't looking for anybody else; we were only going to sign somebody to replace him, and make up the numbers.

He is still useful to have coming off the bench, for his experience and set-piece delivery.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3662 on: February 03, 2020, 09:10:14 AM »
The thing is, you can only really complain about still having his wages on the books if we could have used it to bring other players in.

We weren't looking for anybody else; we were only going to sign somebody to replace him, and make up the numbers.

He is still useful to have coming off the bench, for his experience and set-piece delivery.

How many of those have been decent this season?

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3663 on: February 03, 2020, 09:13:45 AM »
Strange slant to take.
Do you have the same feelings about all the other players at the club who don't make the 1st team match day squad?

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3664 on: February 03, 2020, 12:41:57 PM »

With the performance of the current squad it is fair to say that Brunt has not really featured.  But I think he is good to have in the squad- great in the dressing room, still very good at crosses, corners and set pieces (corners on Saturday were terrible I would note in passing) and is average compared to the rest of the squad outfield.  I wish him well.  Great servant for us, and deserves to move on with huge dignity at the end of the season. 

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3665 on: February 03, 2020, 04:56:32 PM »
Seems he stayed as Stoke failed to move on Martins Indi which led to us not signed the bloke from Watford

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2020/02/03/chris-brunt-move-collapse-stopped-west-brom-domingos-quina-switch/

Slaven Bilic has revealed Albion decided against signing Domingos Quina on deadline day – while the head coach also outright rejected a bid for one of his players.

Just hours before the window closed on Friday, Baggies legend Chris Brunt looked set to leave the club for Stoke.

But the Express & Star understands that move collapsed after the Potters failed to offload Bruno Martins Indi.

Had Brunt moved on, Albion would have bolstered their ranks by signing Watford central midfielder Quina on loan – a player Bilic previously managed at West Ham.

Club captain Brunt was left out of the squad that secured a 2-0 win over Luton on Saturday, with Albion believing he should be rested following the dramatic events of the previous night.

And when speaking about the final hours of the window, Bilic revealed he also point-blank rejected a surprise bid for one of his players.

"Quina was an option but only if one of our players was leaving," the head coach said.

"There was a possibility that one of our players would go and one more.

"And for one I said okay, and the other I said no, no way.

"Then maybe we would have got Domingos.

"But because that transfer did not happen it would not be fair to player to bring him in but for him not to be involved as much as he deserves to be."
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3666 on: February 03, 2020, 05:31:46 PM »
Interesting. I wonder who the other player that we had a bid for was, the one that SB said "No way" to.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3667 on: February 03, 2020, 05:51:06 PM »
Interesting. I wonder who the other player that we had a bid for was, the one that SB said "No way" to.

My money would be On Harper

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3668 on: February 03, 2020, 06:12:41 PM »
Matty Philips to Brighton was a rumour flying about.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3669 on: February 03, 2020, 10:07:34 PM »
Strange slant to take.
Do you have the same feelings about all the other players at the club who don't make the 1st team match day squad?
If there was an outpouring of emotional silliness for them then yes .
Brunt is the past, he’s been paid to do the job(which he really can’t now) so thanks and move on..
The money we pay him every week would have been better spent offering Ferguson more per week IMO .

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3670 on: February 04, 2020, 10:13:30 AM »
If there was an outpouring of emotional silliness for them then yes .
Brunt is the past, he’s been paid to do the job(which he really can’t now) so thanks and move on..
The money we pay him every week would have been better spent offering Ferguson more per week IMO .
Emotional silliness?
If expressing some attachment to a player who has been on a long journey with my club, then I'm in that category.
In comparison with some of the *****hawks who have worn (and disgraced) the stripes down the years, he is worthy of praise and affection.
Ironic that you want to throw money at a kid who has demonstrated, in the last 6 months, zero commitment to WBA.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 12:34:03 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3671 on: February 04, 2020, 10:21:19 AM »
Brunt will still have a positive impact on the squad for the next six months. Sometimes having players like Barry and Brunt can mean 
1) the younger ones or those from other countries understand the club better
2) players are able to turn to someone who has been there done it
3) if we need someone to come on to settle down the game and/ or take a set piece, i'm not sure who could fulfil that better than Brunt atm?

Keeping him for six months will help us in important but maybe not outwardly obvious ways I think

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3672 on: February 04, 2020, 10:49:54 AM »
Apparently he nailed Keinan Davis, last night, so still doing a job and worth every penny!

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3673 on: February 04, 2020, 10:59:04 AM »
Apparently he nailed Keinan Davis, last night, so still doing a job and worth every penny!
It is being reported as a hamstring, but his participation, mentoring the kids, is a perfect example of why he is still worth keeping at the club.
No doubt heartless bean counters would disagree....

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3674 on: February 04, 2020, 11:05:14 AM »
Glad he stayed and might be needed at sometime, I think he'll hang his boots up soon anyway and would prefer that than playing for bloody Stoke.