Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767150 times)

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #3050 on: May 13, 2018, 08:20:21 PM »
I'd keep Brunty by it's time for Mozza to move on; even counting for injuries he's probably only had a handful of good games in the last three seasons.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3051 on: May 13, 2018, 11:33:36 PM »
For me Brunt should be on the bench next season. Far too many passes to no one and his dead ball delivery has been well off recently.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3052 on: May 13, 2018, 11:56:42 PM »
For me Brunt should be on the bench next season. Far too many passes to no one and his dead ball delivery has been well off recently.
Plus the fact that he is 33 years old. We cannot carry on relying on his set pieces which is pretty much what we have been doing.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3053 on: May 14, 2018, 12:07:30 AM »
been a great club man but next season should be his last one, if we get promoted he won't be good enough if we don't go up i doubt he'll have the legs for the championship.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3054 on: May 14, 2018, 07:03:55 AM »
Were it not for the fact that half of the squad is turning over this summer I would be tempted to call time on his Albion career we are now at the point where each season there is a decision to be made about his future.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3055 on: August 07, 2018, 09:58:28 PM »
This guy is a problem in centre midfield.  Please play him left back instead of Gibbs if we have to.  Until we get some legs in central midfield then we'll have problems getting promoted IMO.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3056 on: August 07, 2018, 10:01:37 PM »
This guy is a problem in centre midfield.  Please play him left back instead of Gibbs if we have to.  Until we get some legs in central midfield then we'll have problems getting promoted IMO.

He shouldn't be on the field at all, he he has is a left foot and he can't even use that anymore.

Love the guy and appreciate him massively, but when it's time, it's time... to improve we need to freshen up.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3057 on: August 07, 2018, 10:02:01 PM »
Deffo not a centre mid unfortunately. Can’t see where he fits in, maybe left back but we have Gibbs and Townsend. Sad really

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3058 on: August 07, 2018, 10:06:04 PM »
Deffo not a centre mid unfortunately. Can’t see where he fits in, maybe left back but we have Gibbs and Townsend. Sad really

Don't mind him at left back, Gibbs is gash anyway but agree he's not up to much these days. Passing woefully inconsistent, decision making dodgy, no legs, constantly moaning at ref, gives stupid free kicks away. The list of misdemeaners is a long one. Darren Moore can't see it though.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3059 on: August 07, 2018, 10:06:11 PM »
Personally wouldn't have him at left back. We've already got someone there who can't win headers or put a decent tackle in.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3060 on: August 07, 2018, 10:12:23 PM »
Personally wouldn't have him at left back. We've already got someone there who can't win headers or put a decent tackle in.

He's better defensively than Gibbs, but then again so is a blindman. Played well at left back previously, only Zaha tormented him and that was understandable. If not Brunt I'll play Townsend asap. Crossing all my fingers Torino come in for Gibbs, what an awful signing he has proved to be. If Brunt isn't playing left back I don't see a spot for him in the team.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3061 on: August 07, 2018, 10:25:51 PM »
His best performances in recent seasons have come from left back, hasn't been give the runaround as much as he does in the centre. At left back he can put some great balls in from deep, in the middle its just hit and hope.

Last season he had a rant at Pardew and suddenly he's first name on the teamsheet, its on the pitch where it counts, if it continues it will cost us and sour his time at the club when we should be looking to honour him for his time here.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3062 on: August 07, 2018, 10:32:36 PM »
His best performances in recent seasons have come from left back, hasn't been give the runaround as much as he does in the centre. At left back he can put some great balls in from deep, in the middle its just hit and hope.

Spot on. Bearing in mind how bad Gibbs is you'd think the management must surely give it at least some thought, seems like a no brainer unless they think Townsend is good enough.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3063 on: August 08, 2018, 10:19:52 AM »
Thought Brunt was a passenger for most of the game last night.  Time for an end to the quaterback experiment... Maybe it's something we can go back to if we're desperate for a goal late in a game, but it's not working as a starting strategy.  Forest just had more energy and dynamism, pace and creativity in their midfield.  We were overrun.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3064 on: August 08, 2018, 10:22:53 AM »
I'd like to see him doubled up with Gibbs on the left , still got quality in that left peg .The thought of Gayle's movement in front of him is solid , push Barnes elsewhere if needed.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3065 on: August 08, 2018, 10:30:06 AM »
I don't think he should be captain to be honest, I noticed a dip in his performances when he last had the captaincy a few seasons ago.

Saying that not sure who else to give it to - more leaders on the pitch please!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3066 on: August 08, 2018, 12:31:15 PM »
I'd like to see him doubled up with Gibbs on the left , still got quality in that left peg .The thought of Gayle's movement in front of him is solid , push Barnes elsewhere if needed.
Me too, think this would work better and have Barnes at 10
"This crack is really moreish."

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3067 on: August 08, 2018, 12:48:40 PM »
Chris Brunt is one of my favourite ever Albion players, but time waits for no man, and the fact we still haven't got anybody capable of creating chances or taking a set-piece like he does is a damning indictment, meaning we are still forcing him into the team when he should have been moved aside before now.

He should be an impact sub now, no more.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3068 on: August 21, 2018, 06:04:20 PM »
hear he's called it a day for international football. 65 caps over 14 years.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3069 on: August 21, 2018, 06:26:06 PM »
I personally feel the team would be better with a more mobile central midfielder in there, or even having Barry in as a defensive foil (Brunt does not seem to add either of these). His best attribute is that he does create chances but do we have enough with Barnes, Phillips and Gibbs in attacking positions?
Boing Boing

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3070 on: August 21, 2018, 06:31:04 PM »
Irrespective of whether he should be in the side or not it's sad to here he has retired from international football that must have been a hard call for him.
He says it's to concentrate on playing for Albion Brunty is a true pro and i hope he can see out this season and look back with pride he has been a brilliant servant for the club.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3071 on: August 21, 2018, 06:37:51 PM »
Irrespective of whether he should be in the side or not it's sad to here he has retired from international football that must have been a hard call for him.
He says it's to concentrate on playing for Albion Brunty is a true pro and i hope he can see out this season and look back with pride he has been a brilliant servant for the club.

Isn't he the wba player who received the most international caps whilst donning the stripes? Still gutted that he missed out on the euros as he Davies Evans McAuley really dragged them to that tournament

You only have to look at McAuley record both here and with NI and you will see how many Brunt assisted in from dead balls.
O Albion we love you

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3072 on: August 21, 2018, 06:53:48 PM »
Well done brunty

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3073 on: August 25, 2018, 12:57:46 AM »
it pains me to say it because he's a club legend as far as I'm concerned but he needs to be demoted to a role off the bench. We have better players for the wide positions and I supported his move to CM because I thought he could make than transition but it's become obvious he's not a fit there.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3074 on: August 25, 2018, 01:05:53 AM »
If Chris Brunt was available in the transfer window right now for a low fee, would we buy him? I struggle to see a scenario where we do.

He seems the sort of player who should by now be at a club like Blues or Reading. The only reason he is still at  a club with our aspirations is because he was here when hevwas good and he has become a piece of thr furniture.

It's a bit like the frog in the slowly heating water. His regression has crept up on us, and the fact we are still relying in a near 34 year old to dictate the tempo of our play says a lot about our lack of direction.
Boing Boing