Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767151 times)

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #3000 on: February 28, 2018, 09:19:46 AM »
Brunt is as critical to this line up as Forster. Leaving him out shows lack of understanding ofr our squad and its abilities and a blatant disregard for the supporters.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3001 on: February 28, 2018, 11:30:07 AM »
Brunt is as critical to this line up as Forster. Leaving him out shows lack of understanding ofr our squad and its abilities and a blatant disregard for the supporters.

When did we sign him ???  Sorry, cheap shot!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3002 on: February 28, 2018, 07:25:33 PM »
When did we sign him ???  Sorry, cheap shot!

Ha ha sorry! No I would still stick with Ben given the choice. ;)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3003 on: March 05, 2018, 03:57:02 PM »
did my eyes deceive me or was Brunt given the freedom to roam around on Saturday? I actually liked what I saw from him at Watford. The more he touches the ball the better I feel about our chances to score.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3004 on: March 05, 2018, 04:21:12 PM »
did my eyes deceive me or was Brunt given the freedom to roam around on Saturday? I actually liked what I saw from him at Watford. The more he touches the ball the better I feel about our chances to score.
He did well yes, but he has to be on the left for me, and this was Pardew's biggest error on Saturday. Finally goes to a 5 in midfield and puts our best (only) crosser of a ball in the centre.
We should be telling Brunty to stay out there and ping it in every chance he gets, couldn't care if he only touches the ball 10 times and smokes a couple of fags the rest of the time, 10 balls into the box from Brunty are worth 100 each from Matt (stepover, stepover, hit the 1st man) Phillips or Jay (what am I doing out wide) Rodriguez.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3005 on: March 05, 2018, 05:06:01 PM »
Personally thought Brunt was a little disappointing.

I also thought Phillips put some very decent balls into the box.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3006 on: March 05, 2018, 05:06:58 PM »
He did well yes, but he has to be on the left for me, and this was Pardew's biggest error on Saturday. Finally goes to a 5 in midfield and puts our best (only) crosser of a ball in the centre.
We should be telling Brunty to stay out there and ping it in every chance he gets, couldn't care if he only touches the ball 10 times and smokes a couple of fags the rest of the time, 10 balls into the box from Brunty are worth 100 each from Matt (stepover, stepover, hit the 1st man) Phillips or Jay (what am I doing out wide) Rodriguez.

I agree, he is not a central midfielder, square pegs in round holes don't work, we've seen it for too long. Get your players in their best positions, Brunts is either wide left or left back
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3007 on: March 08, 2018, 06:21:16 PM »
Sorry if this has already been posted, but Chris Brunt triggers a 12 month contract extension with another two appearances.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/07/chris-brunt-two-games-away-triggering-west-brom-contract-extension/
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3008 on: March 20, 2018, 09:14:39 PM »
If brunt goes to pulis' Middlesbrough I will cry. No doubt about it.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3009 on: March 20, 2018, 10:25:26 PM »
New deal triggered. Wouldn't begrudge him a move back to Boro if they get promoted though.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3010 on: March 21, 2018, 06:30:18 AM »
If brunt goes to pulis' Middlesbrough I will cry. No doubt about it.
I'd be very surprised If he went to Boro after Pulis bombed him out earlier this season.
Another reason why we need to get wheels in motion and show what we intend to do next season regarding keeping key players.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3011 on: March 21, 2018, 07:03:49 AM »
You couldn't begrudge Brunty a move to any club with ambition if that's what he wanted, been a good servant to this club.
Sadly we're pretty devoid of ambition at the moment.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3012 on: March 21, 2018, 09:32:44 AM »
New deal triggered. Wouldn't begrudge him a move back to Boro if they get promoted though.

Brunt came from Sheff Wed didn't he?
it's Morrison who came from Boro right?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:34:56 AM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3013 on: March 21, 2018, 09:34:39 AM »
Brunt came from Sheff Wed didn't he, it's Morrison who came from Boro?

He was in the Boro youth team if memory serves

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3014 on: March 21, 2018, 09:35:53 AM »
He was in the Boro youth team if memory serves

Ah I see, I just had a quick look on Wiki, he does appear to have been in Boro's youth team but never made a senior appearance for them. Was shipped out on Loan to Sheff Wed and then stayed there.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3015 on: March 21, 2018, 09:49:31 AM »
I would like to think that CB will stay. Even though he got his break at Sheffield he has been with us a long time now and seems to be Albion through and through. Can see some sort of role for him after he is done with playing..... certainly one of the few on the pitch that cares these days.
MAGA!

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3016 on: March 22, 2018, 12:18:07 PM »
Brunty has been my favourite Albion player for the last 10 years.
The goals and assists he made were season defining at times.
Never grumbled, played with the same commitment in any position requested.
He and Mozza would make my all time favourites list, no bother at all.
The best days work Mowbray did.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3017 on: March 22, 2018, 07:45:26 PM »
Brunty has been my favourite Albion player for the last 10 years.
The goals and assists he made were season defining at times.
Never grumbled, played with the same commitment in any position requested.
He and Mozza would make my all time favourites list, no bother at all.
The best days work Mowbray did.

I'd agree with every word of that
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3018 on: March 23, 2018, 08:27:33 PM »
I think CB has huge affection for us as a club. The best years of his career have been spent here. He is very settled in Streetly with kids in local schools so he has a lot of reasons to stay.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3019 on: March 24, 2018, 12:24:06 PM »
Indeed a great servant for the football club and at his best a very good player.  The fans appreciate his loyalty.  I remember the So'ton equaliser which sealed our EPL return.

TBH our impending relegation has come at the right time for him as without meaning to be disrespectful I don't think he's premier league class anymore and certainly not for 90mins. 

I think he's almost followed the same path as Greening (who was bright early in his WBA career).  A lack of pace hindered Greening who also wanted to play centre mid instead of wing. 

Looking back on this season our midfield has been dire in terms of lack of pace and the Barry signing was a mistake.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3020 on: March 24, 2018, 01:17:58 PM »
Looking back on this season our midfield has been dire in terms of lack of pace and the Barry signing was a mistake.

Brunt should never have been moved from left back. Whilst the majority of the fan base on here were lauding our transfer window in August I was appalled by the failure to sign a pace goalscorer and annoyed we'd stacked the squad with slow old midfielders. I was also disappointed we signed a full back from Arsenal who has never been able to defend and was a liability. I feared we'd get relegated. Sadly I was right.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3021 on: March 24, 2018, 02:28:52 PM »
Well that's it then, I've got my crystal ball out and shall congratulate myself because I said Mulumbu would be great for us.😀
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

theboywiththe arabstrap

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3022 on: March 24, 2018, 03:58:08 PM »
I've always just liked how Brunty is a bit of an anomaly in modern football, as a slow winger whose best attributes are his delivery rather than trickery and fifa street style tekkerz.  I also find it quite funny that despite his attributes making it seem obvious he'd suit playing centrally he's just pants there.  I think a lot of our managers haven't really known how best to use him, which I think is a shame and probably not helped his career.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3023 on: March 25, 2018, 11:05:05 AM »
I always likened him to a left sided Beckham, not pacey or a great dribbler, but a master of producing a killer ball, whether from a cross, a corner or free kick.
As well as the Saints equaliser his stunning free kick at QPR clinched the Championship title.
Some of the goals he scored like the ones at Goodison and the Riverside were top drawer.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3024 on: April 21, 2018, 08:21:49 AM »
I always likened him to a left sided Beckham, not pacey or a great dribbler, but a master of producing a killer ball, whether from a cross, a corner or free kick.
As well as the Saints equaliser his stunning free kick at QPR clinched the Championship title.
Some of the goals he scored like the ones at Goodison and the Riverside were top drawer.

Can see the similarities you suggest.
However best goals of his for me were either at villa away or his absolute rocket Barnsley away
O Albion we love you