Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767159 times)

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #2650 on: February 23, 2016, 08:01:16 PM »
Has everyone saw the banner that has been made..? A bit cringe imo

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2651 on: February 23, 2016, 08:17:55 PM »
what about the clubs image we've now got because of pulis.
didn't think you cared what people thought of WBA, didn't you say its being insecure about oneself ?

I don't fella, the club does however, and as I've previously stated this one incident has caused more damage to the club's reputation than 20 years of Tony Pulis' playing style would.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2652 on: February 23, 2016, 08:59:19 PM »
Has everyone saw the banner that has been made..? A bit cringe imo

Absolutely. Anyone would think he'd been shot!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2653 on: February 23, 2016, 09:39:50 PM »
If there's to be a charity collection just don't let Chris Brunt hold the bucket! 😋

Reading Fan

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2654 on: February 24, 2016, 09:51:46 AM »
I don't fella, the club does however, and as I've previously stated this one incident has caused more damage to the club's reputation than 20 years of Tony Pulis' playing style would.

I don't think so you know. I think your reputation is very much intact. Remember this is an isolated incident. It was just one person. The fact that you dealt with this guy straight away says alot more positive things about your reputation than negative. It seems that the coin thrower took a bit of a pasting from the good Albion fans and that says that you don't tolerate this kind of behaviour. The fans around him certainly made it clear that they weren't happy with what he'd done.

When we were driving away from the ground there were 4 police cars racing in the opposite direction back to the ground. So we knew something was going down.

I think you have some of the best fans in the game. That is my experience anyway of Reading/Albion games. I remember a game between Reading and Albion back in the 80s. I was just a kid and I think you were going for promotion. It was the old second division. Reading were at the old Elm Park and you brought a massive contingent down for the match on a Tuesday night. Albion just had the look of a big club about it.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2655 on: February 24, 2016, 10:17:10 AM »
I don't think so you know. I think your reputation is very much intact. Remember this is an isolated incident. It was just one person. The fact that you dealt with this guy straight away says alot more positive things about your reputation than negative. It seems that the coin thrower took a bit of a pasting from the good Albion fans and that says that you don't tolerate this kind of behaviour. The fans around him certainly made it clear that they weren't happy with what he'd done.

When we were driving away from the ground there were 4 police cars racing in the opposite direction back to the ground. So we knew something was going down.

I think you have some of the best fans in the game. That is my experience anyway of Reading/Albion games. I remember a game between Reading and Albion back in the 80s. I was just a kid and I think you were going for promotion. It was the old second division. Reading were at the old Elm Park and you brought a massive contingent down for the match on a Tuesday night. Albion just had the look of a big club about it.

Chap come and be a Baggie mate we could do with more fans like you ;)
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2656 on: February 24, 2016, 09:24:21 PM »

Nice sentiments mate and no doubt the wider football community understands it was an isolated incident. BUT to my knowledge no Premier League footballer has ever been hit by a missile thrown by his own fans while trying to interact with a child. The incident made front and back page national news and was picked up internationally online. Many people who have heard about this incident are not sage long term football supporters such as yourself and many of my fellow posters and therein lies the problem for the FC.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wba_jd26

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2657 on: February 24, 2016, 10:08:18 PM »
While our fans have recieved a really bad name for this incident i'd like to point out that outside the ground a motorcyclist had come off his bike and several albion fans (and reading I might add) went to his aid. This sums up the Albion support for me far more than one idiot who cant handle his beer.

BaggieBrainy

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2658 on: February 25, 2016, 02:08:17 PM »
Peace is furious with brunty, because he didn't give him the 50p at the end of the game.

:P

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2659 on: February 25, 2016, 02:16:09 PM »
has it been confimed he who threw the coin is an albion supporter, just asking
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2660 on: February 25, 2016, 05:43:12 PM »

I don't think so, as far as I know one person has been arrested, and bailed, but that may be for general disorder rather than the actual incident, I think various OB are still looking to make further arrests.
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2661 on: February 25, 2016, 09:34:14 PM »

Well if it wasn't then a season ticket holder got them a ticket as it was definitely thrown from our end. Hopefully after this Saturday we can all put it behind us.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2662 on: February 25, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »
Chris Brunt seems to shrug the event off now on the latest interview released by Albion and saying wants to forget about it and move on. I think he's being a bit ungrateful to the folk making the effort for this weekend. Plus he said the players are giving him a bit of stick about the love in. It really is us V them.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2663 on: February 25, 2016, 09:47:36 PM »
Chris Brunt seems to shrug the event off now on the latest interview released by Albion and saying wants to forget about it and move on. I think he's being a bit ungrateful to the folk making the effort for this weekend. Plus he said the players are giving him a bit of stick about the love in. It really is us V them.

Even the players are laughing about how over the top some fans are going.  :-[
the regime don't like it man

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2664 on: February 25, 2016, 09:57:20 PM »
Lets be honest as good as supporters intentions are if you were in his position you would just want to move on from it as soon as possible and just get on with your job.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2665 on: February 25, 2016, 10:25:32 PM »
I think Brunt has dealt with the whole incident in a very professional manner. The collection and banner although with good intention is a bit cringe worthy IMO.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2666 on: February 26, 2016, 01:50:25 PM »
so the alledged coin thrower is from Dingle territory(shropshire), wasnt he wearing a gold jacket
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2667 on: February 26, 2016, 01:57:53 PM »
so the alledged coin thrower is from Dingle territory(shropshire), wasnt he wearing a gold jacket

I live in Shropshire and I'm not a dingle and know quite a lot of Albion supporters in Shropshire, just because he is from our beautiful county doesn't necessarily mean he is a dingle.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2668 on: February 26, 2016, 02:15:26 PM »
Even the players are laughing about how over the top some fans are going.  :-[

No surprise really is it? An over the top reaction to one mindless idiot.

I'm sure the people have all the best will in the world, but a collection and a banner....give it a rest.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2669 on: February 26, 2016, 02:23:50 PM »
Yeah, horrible having a charity collection.  Still, it's only one mindless idiot organising it.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2670 on: February 26, 2016, 02:27:19 PM »
If Brunt hadnt had a coin thrown at him would a charity collection have been done?? No there wouldnt have been, I think its a bit over the top myself to be honest

Im not a great fan of giving money to charity anyway having seen where the majority of it goes when it reaches them.

Its a noble thing for someone to do though I wont take that away from them but its not for me

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2671 on: February 26, 2016, 02:35:38 PM »
Just seems a bit callous to complain about a charity collection.  Of all the things we can complain about at the moment...

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2672 on: February 26, 2016, 02:44:52 PM »
Just seems a bit callous to complain about a charity collection.  Of all the things we can complain about at the moment...

It's just over the top in my opinion. Just sing the blokes name, thats enough.

It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2673 on: February 26, 2016, 02:51:59 PM »
It's just over the top in my opinion. Just sing the blokes name, thats enough.

Thats what I think fella.

No need for a banner, collection and clapping him on 11 minutes....

I wonder if the person who either threw the coin, or those who knew who threw the coin will be there Saturday partaking in all 3? For me a better use of their time would be to tell the police who it was rather than scrubbing guilt by giving to charity.

Like I said its a noble thing to do a charity collection but its not for me, I wouldnt ever question someone elses want to give though thats a personal choice
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2674 on: February 26, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
Thats what I think fella.

No need for a banner, collection and clapping him on 11 minutes....

I wonder if the person who either threw the coin, or those who knew who threw the coin will be there Saturday partaking in all 3? For me a better use of their time would be to tell the police who it was rather than scrubbing guilt by giving to charity.

Like I said its a noble thing to do a charity collection but its not for me, I wouldnt ever question someone elses want to give though thats a personal choice
We may not have agreed on the Pulis thread but totally with you on this..
A collection is an interesting choice and noble like you say..but a rousing reception ..a banner and chanting his name would be far applicable in my book..