Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767149 times)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #2600 on: February 23, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »
Now hearing fans on facebook being asked to change their profile picture to one of Chris Brunt.

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2601 on: February 23, 2016, 10:04:30 AM »
Now hearing fans on facebook being asked to change their profile picture to one of Chris Brunt.

:o The worlds gone mad
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2602 on: February 23, 2016, 10:09:35 AM »
Just read on twitter a women going by name of baggiebird62 is having buckets around the ground and in pubs for people to "chuck" change into for it to go to charity of chris brunts choice.

This is a bit much IMO, yes it was wrong what the idiot done and hopefully he will get banned for life but doing this makes us seem small time IMO.

Anyone with half a brain cell knows this was a one off and done by one idiot, and will prob never happen again, do we need to make a big song and dance about it? No i dont think we do.

seems to be getting out of hand.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2603 on: February 23, 2016, 10:09:37 AM »

mine is me and staying of me :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2604 on: February 23, 2016, 10:10:44 AM »
This is all getting a bit ridiculous.
the regime don't like it man

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2605 on: February 23, 2016, 10:12:27 AM »
what about northern Ireland flags :-X
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2606 on: February 23, 2016, 10:15:14 AM »
I think the charity collection is a good idea where everyone wins. Agree that the banner is over the top though and sends a weird counter message. Why not just invest the £500 to the charity of Chris Brunts choice rather than wasting it on a flag that is going to be used once?

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2607 on: February 23, 2016, 10:15:50 AM »
He was hit by a coin ffs, which, although it shouldn't have happened, it wasn't a terrorsist act! What next? Je Sius Brunty?

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2608 on: February 23, 2016, 10:16:37 AM »
I think the charity collection is a good idea where everyone wins. Agree that the banner is over the top though and sends a weird counter message. Why not just invest the £500 to the charity of Chris Brunts choice rather than wasting it on a flag that is going to be used once?

Seems to be like we're just throwing money away....oh wait... :-X
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2609 on: February 23, 2016, 10:17:00 AM »
RIP Chris brunt didn't know he had passed away.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2610 on: February 23, 2016, 10:19:09 AM »
what about northern Ireland flags :-X
No next it will be pictures of a 50p piece :-X

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2611 on: February 23, 2016, 10:19:42 AM »
He was hit by a coin ffs, which, although it shouldn't have happened, it wasn't a terrorsist act! What next? Je Sius Brunty?

;D ;D

Made me laugh anyway!

This is all getting out of hand now though.....I thought the collection was a bit much when all that was needed was the crowd to get behind him for the game and show support for him.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2612 on: February 23, 2016, 10:21:16 AM »
;D ;D

Made me laugh anyway!

This is all getting out of hand now though.....I thought the collection was a bit much when all that was needed was the crowd to get behind him for the game and show support for him.
Totally agree.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2613 on: February 23, 2016, 10:23:04 AM »
No next it will be pictures of a 50p piece :-X

Surprised no one has mentioned anything about the Baggies Brick Road yet  :o :P ;).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

kev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2614 on: February 23, 2016, 10:30:53 AM »
Like a few on hear i think this is getting a bit silly all this link arms and show the world what great fans we are. The world and media have moved to the next story  and its only some of the fans who want to keep this going ..Time to move on ..
I really am struggling to see why we all have to stand and applause Chris Brunt what as he done ? Yes he had the guts to come over and clap the fans for parting with there hard earned cash to watch that dribble  and yes a nice gesture to give his shirt to someone its no cost to him but still a gesture
The only reward i think Chris will want is for the idiot who threw the coin to be caught and then  Chris if he wants  can press charges against him.  Im not going to applaud as a sign of saying sorry for some other prats actions.

If any clapping is to be done then before the game the team led by Tony Pulis should stand in front of us and applaud the fans to show there support for us the ones who help pay there wages and who have to watch the poor football.  Then maybe the team should throw some of there money into a bucket and let the fans decide what charity should have the money

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2615 on: February 23, 2016, 10:36:36 AM »
The lad will be caught and banned for life, stupid mistake and one that he now regrets I'm sure, does not mean he has walked onto the pitch beheaded Chris brunt then preceded to assault he's family.

I feel sorry for brunt doesn't deserve that and he had the knackers to give he's shirt away to a little girl on front row didn't deserve getting a coin thrown at him.

However all of these collections and things are way to much these players still spectacularly bottled it Saturday and have no drive or ambition to get our club to the latter stages of the cup, unforgivable for me, less said about pulis the better to.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2616 on: February 23, 2016, 10:43:21 AM »
Brunt desrrves to know that he is appreciated by us supporters. Anything that we can do to renforce this is a good thing in my view. He's been made a scapegoat on occassions over the years but I've always rated him as a true pro, a gent and a very good player.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2617 on: February 23, 2016, 10:57:28 AM »
It took a coin to hit him for some supporters to show appreciation to our longest serving player. This is what I don't like about this, all feels a bit fake and attention seeking.
the regime don't like it man

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2618 on: February 23, 2016, 11:23:20 AM »
Sureprised that people organising a charity collection feels that it's a bit too much.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2619 on: February 23, 2016, 11:26:17 AM »
I think as a mark of respect TP should not play him out of position.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2620 on: February 23, 2016, 11:27:44 AM »
Money to charity, good PR for the club and shows the player we appreciate him .
Can't see anything wrong with it.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2621 on: February 23, 2016, 11:34:42 AM »
How about an Irish flag, with a 50p shape with Brunts face on it? Then we could clap on 11 minutes sing the lords my shepherd with "Brunt" instead of "Lord" and change the stripes to green and white!

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2622 on: February 23, 2016, 11:40:06 AM »
Money to charity, good PR for the club and shows the player we appreciate him .
Can't see anything wrong with it.

As somebody stated above, what would really be good PR for the club is if some of our players actually joined in with this charity drive being as they are the ones who earn up to 50 thousand pound every single week which we help pay for and lets face it, have been severely let down on the value for ticket money/entertainment front all season.

I may be proved wrong but somehow I cant really see it happening.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2623 on: February 23, 2016, 11:46:14 AM »
As somebody stated above, what would really be good PR for the club is if some of our players actually joined in with this charity drive being as they are the ones who earn up to 50 thousand pound every single week which we help pay for and lets face it, have been severely let down on the value for ticket money/entertainment front all season.

That's another misnoma.
We hardly contribute to the players wages.
Do you realise, if you had a season ticket for 50 years that you wouldn't have contributed to a players wage for a week?
Makes you think doesn't it?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2624 on: February 23, 2016, 11:47:46 AM »

Sky and other tv pays their wages not us with tickets, wouldn't hurt though !

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.