Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767190 times)

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #2575 on: February 22, 2016, 03:27:29 PM »
hopefully brunt starts to turn up and perform from now on otherwise anyone that gets on his back at games  will be strung up

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2576 on: February 22, 2016, 03:42:20 PM »

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2577 on: February 22, 2016, 03:57:38 PM »
Just read on twitter a women going by name of baggiebird62 is having buckets around the ground and in pubs for people to "chuck" change into for it to go to charity of chris brunts choice.

This is a bit much IMO, yes it was wrong what the idiot done and hopefully he will get banned for life but doing this makes us seem small time IMO.

Anyone with half a brain cell knows this was a one off and done by one idiot, and will prob never happen again, do we need to make a big song and dance about it? No i dont think we do.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2578 on: February 22, 2016, 04:11:07 PM »
Just read on twitter a women going by name of baggiebird62 is having buckets around the ground and in pubs for people to "chuck" change into for it to go to charity of chris brunts choice.

This is a bit much IMO, yes it was wrong what the idiot done and hopefully he will get banned for life but doing this makes us seem small time IMO.

Anyone with half a brain cell knows this was a one off and done by one idiot, and will prob never happen again, do we need to make a big song and dance about it? No i dont think we do.

I tend to agree, if as much effort was put into naming and shaming the culprit (someone knows) then that would be better  for everyone.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2579 on: February 22, 2016, 04:14:11 PM »

Actually we are lucky to have people who care enough to do this, if that is "small time" well so be it. Personally I don't feel the need to make amends for the actions of an idiot but let's not knock those people who want to make a gesture. However be in no doubt the actions of this idiot and his fellow travelers hurt us all.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2580 on: February 22, 2016, 04:24:30 PM »
Actually we are lucky to have people who care enough to do this, if that is "small time" well so be it. Personally I don't feel the need to make amends for the actions of an idiot but let's not knock those people who want to make a gesture. However be in no doubt the actions of this idiot and his fellow travelers hurt us all.

Agree 100% with that, events on Saturday will have sent a shudder throughout the FC. It will be interesting to see if the players even approach the crowd on Saturday, & we're bound to get taunts for the rest of the season from opposition fans.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2581 on: February 22, 2016, 05:26:21 PM »
First and foremost obviously Bruntys managed to avoid what could of been a potentially serious injury and thats the main thing.

From a club point of view, one scumbag has dragged our name through the gutter, its made front and back page newspapers and been discussed on various news programmes as although any coin throwing is ridiculous i think this is one of the first, if not the first televised incident of a 'fan' doing it to their own players.

Albion fans i think in general are known for being a decent bunch, we have a few idiots same as every club but this k**b who threw the coin has really helped sour our reputation. Even my missus who knows nothing about football asked 'Why do your fans thrown coins at their own players?' she had heard it on the breakfast news and i pointed out it was one 'fan' but mud sticks. A lot of the media saying West Brom fans were disgusting, but it was 'one' fan who really went too far.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2582 on: February 22, 2016, 05:43:49 PM »
1 fan out of 4000 lets not forget .

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2583 on: February 22, 2016, 05:46:01 PM »
I think the bucket collections a good idea, just a bit of silver each would be quite a few quid for a worthy cause and also be some sort of good signal about the club.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2584 on: February 22, 2016, 06:14:30 PM »
I'd rather someone chirp up and dob this idiot in. Somebody out there knows who it was.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2585 on: February 22, 2016, 07:46:02 PM »
Some supporters need to be mindful after chucking seats last season too,  points deduction could hurt
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2586 on: February 22, 2016, 08:47:48 PM »
Some supporters need to be mindful after chucking seats last season too,  points deduction could hurt

Other sets of fans have done far, far worse and avoided points deductions.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2587 on: February 22, 2016, 09:02:19 PM »

Veela were chucking them at ours this season - brushed under the carpet their end. Perhaps because they invariably landed on their own. Also, anyone who was in the Millenium Corner against the Vile will have a smile on their face when vilers were giving us stick after this weekend's coin incident. They lobbed so many into us that day that I could have bought a shag from Agblongawhore's mum.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

kev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2588 on: February 22, 2016, 09:16:44 PM »
To the people saying that collecting money in buckets for charity is excessive - i couldn't possibly disagree with the cause. What harm can be done? a Charity will receive a large donation, Brunt will see that the fans really do care and it will also help with the club's PR.

Very good idea and should be done imo
Care about what ?

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2589 on: February 22, 2016, 09:39:12 PM »
To the people saying that collecting money in buckets for charity is excessive - i couldn't possibly disagree with the cause. What harm can be done? a Charity will receive a large donation, Brunt will see that the fans really do care and it will also help with the club's PR.

Very good idea and should be done imo

Agreed.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2590 on: February 22, 2016, 10:00:55 PM »
Chelsea fans threw coins against Man C despite winning 5-1 but there's no mention of it in the media because it's Chelsea!  I think people need to wise up to the fact the media hate us and will literally do anything to bully and belittle us.  Just accept it was 1 person and move on from the situation.  It's time to show some mental strength and let it wash over us.  All this talk of collection buckets and clapping for Brunt in the 11th minute or whatever is making us look totally soft!

This is football - a ruthless Sport with high emotion.  No amount of pandering can reverse the coin incident, what's done is done.  The offender will get the rightful punishment in time and deservedly so.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2591 on: February 22, 2016, 10:12:57 PM »
There have been plenty of mentions of Chelskj incidents today even Ray Wilkins condemned them on SSN this morning !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2592 on: February 22, 2016, 11:46:57 PM »
As i have said on here before, i support my own charities and won't be putting any money into any buckets, as much as i condemn what happened i think it's a bit over the top. I don't remember anyone shaking buckets in the 70s for Regis, Batson and Cunningham and look what they had to put up with week in week out.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2593 on: February 23, 2016, 08:47:07 AM »
https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/chris-brunt-appreciation-banner

Just saw this on facebook. After £490 for a Chris Brunt banner.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2594 on: February 23, 2016, 09:09:05 AM »
Forget the bucket collection and the flag and just get behind the team ( that would make a refreshing change ). 
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2595 on: February 23, 2016, 09:18:09 AM »
Forget the bucket collection and the flag and just get behind the team ( that would make a refreshing change ).

Agreed, I understand the wanting to back him. But in my opinion the banner and buckets is over the top. Just sing the blokes name
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2596 on: February 23, 2016, 09:35:55 AM »
Did i hear clapping on 11 minutes too

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2597 on: February 23, 2016, 09:42:09 AM »
Did i hear clapping on 11 minutes too

A banner, a collection, some singing and clapping on 11.

Where does it end? Good servant to the club I agree, but all this because of on one idiot. God knows what we would do if it happened to Berahino, a player that has thrown many a strop and we still get behind him
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2598 on: February 23, 2016, 09:54:07 AM »
I don't mind what we do to support Chris Brunt this weekend but just keep it to one match please!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2599 on: February 23, 2016, 09:55:02 AM »
I don't mind what we do to support Chris Brunt this weekend but just keep it to one match please!

i can cope with that but not clapping everygame on 11