Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767177 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #2525 on: February 21, 2016, 01:42:48 PM »
Bruntie has my complete sympathy for being the unlucky one to have been caught by this idiot. He has been a great servant to the club, and is one of the players I most associate with being West Brom through and through. I hope he gets some extra vocal support next game.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

rogerstubbs

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2526 on: February 21, 2016, 02:51:18 PM »
I agree bruntie is a super guy,I hope the Albion fans will give him great support at the palace match live on the tele.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2527 on: February 21, 2016, 03:26:45 PM »
Brunty will need all the support he can get if Pulis is daft enough to play him at LB against Palace. Zaha will tear him yet another new one.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2528 on: February 21, 2016, 03:29:29 PM »
A mate of mine just said that on MOTD he spotted 3 instances where our players appear to have "stopped trying".  That was one of them but I haven't seen the highlights yet.  Anybody else spot anything?

I didn't notice anything else but something isn't right within the camp. The effort just doesn't seem there. Have the players lost faith with Pulis?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2529 on: February 21, 2016, 03:34:42 PM »
I didn't notice anything else but something isn't right within the camp. The effort just doesn't seem there. Have the players lost faith with Pulis?
In the 7 days since a 110% display at Everton ?  , Can't see that.
I just think a lot of players aren't bothered by the Cup in the modern game.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2530 on: February 21, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »
In the 7 days since a 110% display at Everton ?  , Can't see that.
I just think a lot of players aren't bothered by the Cup in the modern game.

I could understand that mentality from players of the bigger sides as the Prem and CL are all that matters in their eyes. Yet for our players its a massive opportunity and probably the only one to win some silverware. The lack of effort from some of ours yesterday was unacceptable.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2531 on: February 21, 2016, 03:54:38 PM »
I could understand that mentality from players of the bigger sides as the Prem and CL are all that matters in their eyes. Yet for our players its a massive opportunity and probably the only one to win some silverware. The lack of effort from some of ours yesterday was unacceptable.
Been the same for seasons in the Cup's , just seems the money and glamour of the PL kills it even for clubs like ours.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2532 on: February 21, 2016, 04:02:39 PM »
My biggest gripe is that the tosser who threw the coin has now managed to deflect all the attention away from what was a shocking performance.

His actions was disgraceful and hopefully the culprit is identified swiftly and is banned.

Have to say though, Brunt was poor yesterday. He is a damn sight better footballer than having to resort to knocking the ball into the channel.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2533 on: February 21, 2016, 04:04:00 PM »
The aftermath.

https://twitter.com/MartynMacintyre/status/701143810341003264

I will not make comment, if you read the feed, tells you allegedly what happened.

This kid (In the cap and yellow coat) and his taller drongo mate were kicked out of the Wetherspoons earlier in the day, kicking off with the manager of the pub.  Day trippers I think!  I have never seen either of them before. 
Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2534 on: February 21, 2016, 04:12:46 PM »
This kid (In the cap and yellow coat) and his taller drongo mate were kicked out of the Wetherspoons earlier in the day, kicking off with the manager of the pub.  Day trippers I think!  I have never seen either of them before.
Kicked out a Weatherspoons? Everything you need to know about him in one sentence.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2535 on: February 21, 2016, 04:14:50 PM »
This kid (In the cap and yellow coat) and his taller drongo mate were kicked out of the Wetherspoons earlier in the day, kicking off with the manager of the pub.  Day trippers I think! I have never seen either of them before.
Although the club have a lot to answer for for allowing 2 tickets per STH, also the STH that got the ticket for this mooron should hold their head in shame. As a STH myself buying a ticket on my account I would only let someone have it I can trust to behave themselves. I wouldn't want to jeopardize having a black mark against me and ultimately loosing my ST or getting a ban.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:18:00 PM by ian66 »

Tatnam baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2536 on: February 21, 2016, 07:10:47 PM »

Look on wba news. See if you recognise the kid in yellow coat!

Tatnam baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2537 on: February 21, 2016, 07:12:41 PM »

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2538 on: February 21, 2016, 08:41:23 PM »
The coin throwing incident was an appalling act perpetrated by a mindless fool who will undoubtedly be identified from CCTV and, hopefully, charged by the police and also banned from the club for life. Whatever people may think of Brunt's good and bad points, he's been a very loyal servant to our club (unusual these days) and, AFAIK, was the only one of our players with the balls to go over to our fans after the game yesterday, so he didn't deserve what happened however you look at it.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2539 on: February 21, 2016, 08:45:05 PM »
The coin throwing incident was an appalling act perpetrated by a mindless fool who will undoubtedly be identified from CCTV and, hopefully, charged by the police and also banned from the club for life. Whatever people may think of Brunt's good and bad points, he's been a very loyal servant to our club (unusual these days) and, AFAIK, was the only one of our players with the balls to go over to our fans after the game yesterday, so he didn't deserve what happened however you look at it.

Spot on.

baggie_liam

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2540 on: February 21, 2016, 08:52:47 PM »
Although the club have a lot to answer for for allowing 2 tickets per STH, also the STH that got the ticket for this mooron should hold their head in shame. As a STH myself buying a ticket on my account I would only let someone have it I can trust to behave themselves. I wouldn't want to jeopardize having a black mark against me and ultimately loosing my ST or getting a ban.

According to whoever runs the sons of Albion Facebook page, the lad getting all the stick is a 17 year old season ticket holder who's addament they've done nothing wrong and has sun reporters outside his parents house. And apparently got a bit of a beating on the train home.
How true, I don't know
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:38:55 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2541 on: February 22, 2016, 10:20:32 AM »
https://twitter.com/mattwilson_star/status/701696464565702656

Said to be considering future.

Time is prob right to see him go hes given us 10 years.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2542 on: February 22, 2016, 10:36:49 AM »

According to whoever runs the sons of Albion Facebook page, the lad getting all the stick is a 17 year old season ticket holder who's addament they've done nothing wrong and has sun reporters outside his parents house. And apparently got a bit of a beating on the train home.
How true, I don't know

According to FB just, the lad mentioned has had his name cleared by Police, don't know if true.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2543 on: February 22, 2016, 10:52:49 AM »
you would think if it was an overarm throw it should be quite easy to spot who threw the coin
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2544 on: February 22, 2016, 12:30:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/mattwilson_star/status/701696464565702656

Said to be considering future.

Time is prob right to see him go hes given us 10 years.

No, it's not the right time. you want to see a player leave because he got hit in the face with a coin thrown by one of their own 'fans'?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2545 on: February 22, 2016, 12:45:55 PM »
No, it's not the right time. you want to see a player leave because he got hit in the face with a coin thrown by one of their own 'fans'?
Come off it that's not what he said at all, that's just twisting the comment.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2546 on: February 22, 2016, 12:50:19 PM »

I didnt say that did I? If he is considering his future as the report says, then after 10 years of service it could be the right time to go.

I personally would like him to stay and be used on the left side of midfield. He has a wand of a left foot which can create numerous chances for Rondon and Saido.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2547 on: February 22, 2016, 12:50:26 PM »
My point is, after being hit in the face by a coin is not the right time to go, regardless.  We should be ashamed if he choose to go because of that, not go "well, he has been here 10 years".

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2548 on: February 22, 2016, 12:52:00 PM »
I didnt say that did I? If he is considering his future as the report says, then after 10 years of service it could be the right time to go.

I personally would like him to stay and be used on the left side of midfield. He has a wand of a left foot which can create numerous chances for Rondon and Saido.

Make your mind up then because earlier you said it probably is the right time to see him go.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2549 on: February 22, 2016, 12:55:18 PM »
Make your mind up then because earlier you said it probably is the right time to see him go.

Arent you the one who keeps saying we are rebuilding?

If a player is considering his future and has given 10 years service then thats fine he can go with the blessing of the fans but as per my other comment i would like him to stay.