Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767157 times)

Johnny Beebop

• WBA Newbie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #2475 on: February 20, 2016, 07:37:41 PM »
We're being slaughtered on national radio at the minute (RADIO 5) whoever this fecker is I pray he's not an albion fan. If its true that they were allowing 2 tickets per person..........

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2476 on: February 20, 2016, 07:39:52 PM »
The fan who threw the coin was totally out of order and if he's banned for life from The Hawthorns then he can have no complaints.  I feel genuinely sorry for Brunt as no player or human being deserves that treatment.

I want to make one point though and that is I don't think Brunt (or any other WBA player for that matter) should have presented a shirt to a fan after such a wretched performance.  It's surely not the time or place.  Clap the fans from the centre circle if you so desire but what was he trying to achieve?  It's just not a very bright thing to do.  Emotions were running high in such an important game and for me there's a touch of arrogance to that particular gesture, almost patronising. 

Anyway I hope Brunt recovers and is available for Crystal Palace and he's got my support for the rest of 2015/16.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2477 on: February 20, 2016, 07:44:08 PM »
A sad day for west brom, hope the muppet gets banned for life , no human should ever be treated like that, poor performance also , but no excuse

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2478 on: February 20, 2016, 07:45:07 PM »
The fan who threw the coin was totally out of order and if he's banned for life from The Hawthorns then he can have no complaints.  I feel genuinely sorry for Brunt as no player or human being deserves that treatment.

I want to make one point though and that is I don't think Brunt (or any other WBA player for that matter) should have presented a shirt to a fan after such a wretched performance.  It's surely not the time or place.  Clap the fans from the centre circle if you so desire but what was he trying to achieve?  It's just not a very bright thing to do.  Emotions were running high in such an important game and for me there's a touch of arrogance to that particular gesture, almost patronising. 

Anyway I hope Brunt recovers and is available for Crystal Palace and he's got my support for the rest of 2015/16.

I understand your point but completely disagree. Brunt made the right and brave gesture at the end of the game. He absolutely did the right thing.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2479 on: February 20, 2016, 07:45:52 PM »

Brunt, Fletcher and Chester were the only players who clapped the fans.

Brunt had already picked out a young fan to hand his shirt to, how can that be patronising?
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2480 on: February 20, 2016, 07:48:51 PM »
Brunt has been a great servant to this club, i am ashamed at this minute to think one of our own has been treated in this way.

What is happening to us? The club i love is folding before me.

Yep, thats how i feel.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2481 on: February 20, 2016, 07:56:13 PM »

Brunt had already picked out a young fan to hand his shirt to, how can that be patronising?

Yes totally agree how any blame can be laid on Chris Brunt is astonishing. What is happening to our great club and the game of football that I used to love. Everything these days is far too serious.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2482 on: February 20, 2016, 07:56:39 PM »

The rest of the players were probably embarrassed at an appalling performance and wanted to get off the pitch. 

Well maybe more fool the fan then!!!!  As a fan I wouldn't have wanted any shirt after that "performance".  He must think the WBA fans are right mugs for witnessing that, the showing no emotion at the result, then accepting the shirt as a souvenir for the loss to mighty Reading.  The complacency is alarming.

Anyhow Brunt has my sympathy but you'll never make me believe it was the right course of action by him.

Matty

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2483 on: February 20, 2016, 08:03:07 PM »
Shocking behaviour! Yes, it's disappointing, but you don't go round attacking people because your team's lost. Grow up!

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2484 on: February 20, 2016, 08:04:02 PM »
The rest of the players were probably embarrassed at an appalling performance and wanted to get off the pitch. 

Well maybe more fool the fan then!!!!  As a fan I wouldn't have wanted any shirt after that "performance".  He must think the WBA fans are right mugs for witnessing that, the showing no emotion at the result, then accepting the shirt as a souvenir for the loss to mighty Reading.  The complacency is alarming.

Anyhow Brunt has my sympathy but you'll never make me believe it was the right course of action by him.

He was giving it to a bloody kid for god sake, get a grip. I took my 9 year old nephew today and it was his first ever away game. He'd have been over the moon to get a players shirt, regardless of the result/performance.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2485 on: February 20, 2016, 08:11:27 PM »
He was giving it to a bloody kid for god sake, get a grip. I took my 9 year old nephew today and it was his first ever away game. He'd have been over the moon to get a players shirt, regardless of the result/performance.

Don't tell me to get a grip!  You need to respect my opinion.  There's potentially 50 games a season and therefore 50 potential opportunities to hand over a shirt to a young fan.  By all means do it after a good performance / battling draw / good win.  To do it today was taking a risk.  As I've said Chris has my sympathy.  A clap to the fans from the halfway line was the sensible thing to do.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2486 on: February 20, 2016, 08:13:32 PM »

Quite right Brunt went over to the kid to give him a shirt, how can anyone question his actions, some people are almost looking to condone this idiots action in throwing the coin.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2487 on: February 20, 2016, 08:17:31 PM »
Don't tell me to get a grip!  You need to respect my opinion.  There's potentially 50 games a season and therefore 50 potential opportunities to hand over a shirt to a young fan.  By all means do it after a good performance / battling draw / good win.  To do it today was taking a risk.  As I've said Chris has my sympathy.  A clap to the fans from the halfway line was the sensible thing to do.

Maybe, just maybe, he thought, "as a team we've played s**t, I personally have played s**t, they fans have paid a lot of money to come here and are going to be disappointed, let me give them something. Oh look, a child, she can have it"

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2488 on: February 20, 2016, 08:23:50 PM »
In my opinion going over to clap the fans and give his shirt away took balls. He knows as much as anyone how poor a result it was, showing a bit of gratitude to the 4000 or so fans who made the effort to travel down took some guts.

I hope the person who threw the coin is identified and banned. As someone else mentioned if it had been a villa or wolves fan we'd have been castigating them as thugs.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2489 on: February 20, 2016, 08:29:25 PM »
Maybe, just maybe, he thought, "as a team we've played s**t, I personally have played s**t, they fans have paid a lot of money to come here and are going to be disappointed, let me give them something. Oh look, a child, she can have it"

We need to stop holding a candle to these people and putting them on a pedestal.  They're not gods.  They're human beings like everyone.  Just because the players earn as much in a week as we do in a year it doesn't make them more important as individuals.  If the child is happy with his shirt then great for them!  I don't see a problem with it in the CORRECT circumstances.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2490 on: February 20, 2016, 08:32:37 PM »
We need to stop holding a candle to these people and putting them on a pedestal.  They're not gods.  They're human beings like everyone.  Just because the players earn as much in a week as we do in a year it doesn't make them more important as individuals.  If the child is happy with his shirt then great for them!  I don't see a problem with it in the CORRECT circumstances.

I agree, I'm sure a 40 year old bloke season ticket holder wouldn't be overly bothered about having his shirt today, but a young kid would no doubt be over the moon and take none of what you've just mentioned into account.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2491 on: February 20, 2016, 08:36:08 PM »
I think your mistaken that people have to respect your opinion but they should respect your right to have an opinion.
They're humans so they shouldn't expect to have things thrown at them when doing something nice for a fan.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2492 on: February 20, 2016, 09:02:10 PM »
There is a video doing the rounds on Twitter of this vermin physically assaulting Albion fans after physically assaulting an Albion player. Please can people find this and watch this and help identify him to the police.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2493 on: February 20, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »
I thought his interview after was spot on. He's been here a long time and for him to say I thought this club wasn't like that says a lot
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2494 on: February 20, 2016, 09:11:35 PM »
There is a video doing the rounds on Twitter of this vermin physically assaulting Albion fans after physically assaulting an Albion player. Please can people find this and watch this and help identify him to the police.

I've seen said video, but I'm yet to see evidence it was him. In fact, i've seen people who were there categorically deny it was him saying it was an older "gentleman".

Edit: apologies for any confusion. Your post doesn't mention that the lad in the yellow is the one being accused of throwing the coin. Hopefully my post now makes sense.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:16:15 PM by wbako »
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2495 on: February 20, 2016, 09:49:53 PM »
Posted on Wednesbury's 'to all who are Albion' ...

Let's all do the right thing & support Brunty' at the Palace game next week, by bellowing his name on the 11th minute (for the full minute), by either singing ...

a) We love you Brunty

Or ...

b) his usual ... 'Ole Ole' ... Chrissy Brunt Brunt Brunt

... I just think it would show our fans in a truer light. 

Thoughts?

Cardiaccarol

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2496 on: February 20, 2016, 09:57:36 PM »
Don't know whether you read this. If Chris doesn't but someone can pass him this message -please do.

I'm an old bird. Been watching the Albion since well before Chris was born. I've never been ashamed of us before. We've lost loads of games in that time and things have been a lot worse than they are now.

Chris I didn't throw a coin at you. I wouldn't throw coins at anyone. I think it's unforgiveable that any of us has tried to hurt you.

You have always worked hard and always given your best. When times have been difficult and the collective we have criticised you have never hidden but always worked.

I Appologise on behalf of the moron. Most of us are better than that

WednesburyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2497 on: February 20, 2016, 10:09:42 PM »
Hopefully we get this page sent over to Brunts Twitter?

Brunty, what a servant to my club. Thank you and apologies on behalf of those morons. I'm hearing they got what they deserved after.

Thank you Sir Chris.

Leave your messages and someone please get it to him.

(Saw you in Salburg brunt, what a bloke!)

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2498 on: February 20, 2016, 10:11:18 PM »
Well said Carol.

Get on board, minute 11 next week, let's show what true Baggies are really like!

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2499 on: February 20, 2016, 10:58:30 PM »
That's sick to be honest, whether he plays good, ok or awful - he's a modern-day club legend and has always stuck by us and represented the club in a good way. He could have moved after his first Premiership season with us too but stuck with us even though it would have been easy to go elsewhere.

I know it's different but I've also heard him being boo'd on a few occassions, I just don't understand it - he's not just loyal but he's also a very good player for us. I hope the moron who threw the coin gets banned from the Hawthorns it's not on.