Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 767158 times)

Dan

• WBA Coach

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #2450 on: February 20, 2016, 06:21:10 PM »
model pro for us but why was he giving up his shirt to the fans especially after such an abject performance by the team? How long left is his contract or has he been offered a new one,,?

He might have been asked but its a nice gesture regardless that no doubt would have made that girls day. It's nice that someone in Brunt's position can see that. Anyone can bask in the fans when its all going great, it takes some guts to face up to them and appreciate the support when its not going well. Although I doubt anyone in the squad will be doing that in the forseeable future now

If he'd walked straight off with everyone else there'd no doubt be moaning about that. Can't win sometimes.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2451 on: February 20, 2016, 06:21:31 PM »
model pro for us but why was he giving up his shirt to the fans especially after such an abject performance by the team? How long left is his contract or has he been offered a new one,,?

Agreed, if anything it's his own fault for going that close to the supporters. What an absolute d1ck trying to give his shirt to a young supporter. Just a shame the coin didn't bounce off the young kids head first and then hit Brunt to teach them both a lesson. Hopefully the club tear his contract up after this regardless of how long is left. As you say yourself it's understandable why this has happened. What did he expect? To go over to our fans and not get a coin in the eye? Naive if so.

On a serious note I'd love to see him cheered on during the warm up, his name cheered again when teams are read out and then his name sung for the first few mins of the game next week.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2452 on: February 20, 2016, 06:22:53 PM »

Unbelievable! Players get criticised all the time for not caring about the fans and running down the tunnel as soon as the full time whistle blows. The treatment of Brunt was a disgrace and has been on previous occasions, some of our fans need to have a good hard look at themselves before having a go at others.
the regime don't like it man

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2453 on: February 20, 2016, 06:25:15 PM »
Would be awesome if a Chris Brunt appreciation theme was our theme for the last away day of the season. Show him we are not like that cowardly scumbag.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2454 on: February 20, 2016, 06:27:09 PM »
Unbelievable! Players get criticised all the time for not caring about the fans and running down the tunnel as soon as the full time whistle blows. The treatment of Brunt was a disgrace and has been on previous occasions, some of our fans need to have a good hard look at themselves before having a go at others.
so you don't know what's left on contract as again it was an odd thing to do after poor performance

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2455 on: February 20, 2016, 06:32:39 PM »
so you don't know what's left on contract as again it was an odd thing to do after poor performance

Not remotely odd. He's not out of contract this summer so I don't know what you're getting at with some increasingly questionable posts on the subject.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2456 on: February 20, 2016, 06:34:07 PM »

I'm beginning to think that you must know the person who threw the coin. Surely you cannot seriously believe the club gives out contracts based on who gives away their shirt as is your implication (and Brunt's here till at least the end of 2017 anyway).

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2457 on: February 20, 2016, 06:36:41 PM »
It's a poor show by whoever threw that coin. Brunty's played over 300 games for the club, & whatever anyone thinks of him, he's been a model pro for us!
He'll get my vocal backing next week, providing he wants to play for us again!

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2458 on: February 20, 2016, 06:38:34 PM »
I don't enjoy Pulis's style of football, but, that's just disgusting. A sad day to be a fan :( Hope the police do the "fan" who did this for assault and then the club hands down a life time ban

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2459 on: February 20, 2016, 06:39:34 PM »
What a disgrace, never been ashamed to be an Albion fan but that makes it close. I left when they scored the third so didn't see it but please tell me the bloke who threw it took a pasting?? W*anker

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2460 on: February 20, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »
Disgusting. Deserves a good slap.

Great servant to the club and gets treated like this. Unbelievable.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2461 on: February 20, 2016, 06:45:57 PM »
Not remotely odd. He's not out of contract this summer so I don't know what you're getting at with some increasingly questionable posts on the subject.
usually after a questionable performance by our players they can't wait to get of pitch and clap by half way line. The way brunt went up to fans seemed to suggest that this could be his last game for us in cup

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2462 on: February 20, 2016, 06:47:11 PM »
usually after a questionable performance by our players they can't wait to get of pitch and clap by half way line. The way brunt went up to fans seemed to suggest that this could be his last game for us in cup

Or maybe he felt bad because he knew players had let fans down.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2463 on: February 20, 2016, 06:50:01 PM »
I'm beginning to think that you must know the person who threw the coin. Surely you cannot seriously believe the club gives out contracts based on who gives away their shirt as is your implication (and Brunt's here till at least the end of 2017 anyway).
missing my point that was odd of the player doing that after exit from cup as if that would be his last game for us in that competition.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2464 on: February 20, 2016, 06:52:12 PM »
Or maybe he felt bad because he knew players had let fans down.
they should be used to that by now especially with pulis in charge

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2465 on: February 20, 2016, 06:57:28 PM »
His interview was very classy.  Lot of respect to him.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2466 on: February 20, 2016, 07:00:37 PM »
Brunt has been a great servant to this club, i am ashamed at this minute to think one of our own has been treated in this way.

What is happening to us? The club i love is folding before me.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2467 on: February 20, 2016, 07:05:58 PM »
One of my favourite players us Brunty. Disgusting what's happened to him today. Sad day.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2468 on: February 20, 2016, 07:09:10 PM »
I think its common knowledge i've never been his biggest fan but am disgusted that any Albion "fan" stoops this low, makes you sick to be honest.

Unfortunately over the years we have had a few dickheads but none have  ever resorted to this as far I can remember.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2469 on: February 20, 2016, 07:13:57 PM »
Shocking what happened to him today. He has been a good servant to the club.

That said, his time at the club is at an end. Needs to be moved on.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2470 on: February 20, 2016, 07:17:12 PM »
Not a fan of Brunt but for this to happen to him was appalling. Disgraceful behaviour.

Pics being posted on facebook showing a lad in cap and yellow jacket saying he was the fan who threw it and asking people to share.

Anyone at the game confirm it was him?

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2471 on: February 20, 2016, 07:20:00 PM »
Not a fan of Brunt but for this to happen to him was appalling. Disgraceful behaviour.

Pics being posted on facebook showing a lad in cap and yellow jacket saying he was the fan who threw it and asking people to share.

Anyone at the game confirm it was him?

Its made the rounds as my mate from scotland sent me the picture
Doesnt look older than 18/19

A dark day in our clubs history indeed
Ashamed to be a baggie :(

baggiesboots

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2472 on: February 20, 2016, 07:20:06 PM »
Brunt has been a great servant to this club, i am ashamed at this minute to think one of our own has been treated in this way.

What is happening to us? The club i love is folding before me.
Very well put. I'm no CB fan but you know he actually cares which is why he was over near our fans, unlike some of the other players.
As for the guy that did it I hope he gets what he deserves but it's an isolated incident and should be treated as such, far greater is the issue of the terrible poisonous atmosphere that surrounds the club and will take us back to where we used to be if were not carefull

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2473 on: February 20, 2016, 07:23:24 PM »
Shocking what happened to him today. He has been a good servant to the club.

That said, his time at the club is at an end. Needs to be moved on.
I think it'll go the other way, he'll stay, retire and become a member of the coaching staff here. He's had his coaching badges for years now so he can join the staff when ever he wants.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2474 on: February 20, 2016, 07:34:40 PM »
Christ Brunt should be a allowed to fire balls at the perpetrator with his thunderbolt of a left peg.