Author Topic: Kyle Bartley  (Read 225170 times)

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Kyle Bartley
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2018, 10:22:39 AM »
Where was he?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2018, 12:42:34 PM »
Where was he?
don't care as long as he's out the team. he's the worst CH we've had for a long time. only been here a short time but I'd give him away for free in January, he'll cost us more points than he'd save.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #202 on: November 11, 2018, 12:50:46 PM »
Yesterday's opponents wanted him so hopefully they will come back in for him in Jan.

I was sick and tired for all the excuses being made for that he was this footed and playing there when basically he is just a very bad defender whose bad passes led to opposition goals and he has a terrible attitude of blaming everyone else for his own shortcomings.

If we go up it will be galling to have pay an additional £2m for this "player".

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2018, 12:51:39 PM »
don't care as long as he's out the team. he's the worst CH we've had for a long time. only been here a short time but I'd give him away for free in January, he'll cost us more points than he'd save.

He's been awful. However, he may be OK as back up in a four. Look at the difference in some of our players yesterday for the new system.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: November 11, 2018, 01:12:13 PM »

He's been awful. However, he may be OK as back up in a four. Look at the difference in some of our players yesterday for the new system.
maybe but for now let's keep the bullet in the Vets revolver.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #205 on: November 11, 2018, 01:13:50 PM »
Been poor for us but will look better as a cb in yesterdays shape, especially when sitting back and counter attacking, as opposed to a ball player in a back three.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #206 on: November 11, 2018, 04:05:18 PM »
I was glad he didn’t play as he is definitely the weak link in a three, and I’ve never really been a fan of him prior to signing. I’m just wondering if he was actually dropped or if he has an injury.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2018, 04:59:36 PM »
 Think he has been poor for us but none of them have done well in a back three. I would give him another go if we need to in a back four he can't be that bad a player he kept Jansen who was Leeds best defender yesterday out of the team when he was at Elland Rd.

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #208 on: November 11, 2018, 05:24:03 PM »
He's a right-sided player doing his best to cope with being in an unfamiliar position on the left. Clearly, it doesn't suit him, but that's no excuse for so-called supporters to give him dogs abuse.
The most pleasing aspect of yesterday's game is that we now have a Plan B, something different for opposition coaches to think about. Some fans seem to think that switching tactics is as easy as clicking on a few buttons in Football Manager. It takes time and a lot of hard work on the training pitch.
This league is never won before Christmas, so hopefully we will be in a better position to deliver more consistency after Christmas. We just need to stay in touch with the other promotion challengers to be in with a good chance of getting back to the Premiership.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2018, 05:53:26 PM »
Think he has been poor for us but none of them have done well in a back three. I would give him another go if we need to in a back four he can't be that bad a player he kept Jansen who was Leeds best defender yesterday out of the team when he was at Elland Rd.

Only he didn't, Bartley partnered Jansson in most of his appearances for Leeds.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2018, 06:54:20 PM »
I recall him being hailed as the next big thing when he was at Arsenal he has never cemented a first team place anywhere. That clearance that lead to the Blackburn goal was nothing short of shocking.

If this division had better finishers more of his mistakes would have cost us goals.

Reminds me of matt carbon and Paul mardon as he thinks he better than he actually is.

I didn't want him in the summer and I don't want him now.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2018, 06:58:37 PM »
Was he injured or was he dropped?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2018, 07:23:43 PM »
Was he injured or was he dropped?

Did he fall or was he pushed?  ;)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2018, 07:59:42 PM »
It says it all about modern day transfer fees that he moved from arsenal to Swansea for about a million and did nowt for 6 or so years and his price quadrupled.

As he's still our player I hope he improves and plays well if called upon in a back 4, but to date he has been a disaster and money badly spent when the likes of mckenna at Aberdeen and Mepham at brentford are around.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »
Did he fall or was he pushed?  ;)
:D
I’ve asked three times and I still can’t grt a fugging answer ;) :D

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2018, 10:14:25 PM »
Well Dawson is one away from suspension so he will get another chance at some point. Unless tosin goes in the middle and Mears plays? Prefer Bartley on the pitch than mears.

Having said that maybe Barry could play cb in a flat back 4?
O Albion we love you

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2018, 06:50:07 AM »
Only he didn't, Bartley partnered Jansson in most of his appearances for Leeds.
When Leeds hit their bad run under Monk he brought back Cooper and dropped Jansson. You speak to any Leeds fan( my daughter's a season ticket holder) and they will tell you that Bartley was the better of the three. 

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2018, 07:36:03 AM »
The criticism of Bartley is OTT.  Peiple need to realise the midfield balance must be Priority No1. 

That means a strong robust unit with running power that supports the flair provided by Phillips, Barnes and Gayle.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #218 on: November 12, 2018, 09:22:25 AM »
I think he would look better in a back 4 than a 3.

Seems to be one of these defenders that is suited to a certain style of play.

Take McAuley for instance, he was so effective for us for years as we were tight and compact and he was never really exposed.

I think in a back 4 that has a solid team set up (like Saturday) then he would look a better player than he has done so far.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2018, 10:02:18 AM »
Well Dawson is one away from suspension
Aren't all previous yellows scrubbed out soon?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2018, 11:48:24 AM »
When Leeds hit their bad run under Monk he brought back Cooper and dropped Jansson. You speak to any Leeds fan( my daughter's a season ticket holder) and they will tell you that Bartley was the better of the three.

You initially posted Bartley couldn't be all that bad as he kept Jansson out of the side while they were at Leeds. Only he didn't, he partnered Jansson while he was at Leeds which is presumably why we were rumoured to be interested in Jansson before this season kicked off. Now you say Cooper kept Jansson out following a bad run. Yes OK chap, that’s obviously what happened………

Kyle Bartley League 2016/2017:
Squad 45, starting eleven 45, subbed in 0, subbed off 0, suspended 0, injured 0.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/kyle-bartley/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/67421/plus/0/saison/2016/wettbewerb/GB2/verein/399

Pontus Jansson 2016/2017:
Squad 36, starting eleven 34, subbed in 0, on the bench 2, suspended 4, injured 0

https://www.transfermarkt.com/pontus-jansson/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/125314/plus/0/saison/2016/wettbewerb/GB2/verein/399

Liam Cooper 2016/2017:
Squad 34, starting eleven 8 (2 of which were before Jansson signed), subbed in 3, on the bench 23, suspended 7, injured 0

https://www.transfermarkt.com/liam-cooper/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/75067/plus/0/saison/2016/wettbewerb/GB2/verein/399

…… only it didn’t over anything like a sustainable period.

I don’t really care if Bartley was the better of the three, it was two seasons ago, he was playing for Leeds and it was Jansson's first season in English football. I'm aware of the high regard Leeds supporters held Kyle in while he played for them though. And fair play to Kyle for his form whilst playing on the left of a central back two, especially as some seem to think his form while at Albion has been blighted by not playing on the right of a central pairing.

Is playing the ball out from the left of a back three for him? Clearly not as evidenced, but to be honest I thought he looked ordinary at best when playing as one of a central two in a back four at the start of the season as well. There may well be a footballer in there somewhere, but on his form for us thus far I'd suggest he's best suited to either the bench or the transfer list in January.

I really do genuinely hope he goes onto improve and prove doubters such as myself wrong as a successful season for Kyle would most likely equate to a successful season for Albion. Emergency cover only for me at this stage of the season at best though. In fact at this stage I'd rather Tyrone Mears played right back and playing Tosin centrally alongside either Dawson or Hegazi if it meant keeping Kyle out.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2018, 04:54:07 PM »
You initially posted Bartley couldn't be all that bad as he kept Jansson out of the side while they were at Leeds. Only he didn't, he partnered Jansson while he was at Leeds which is presumably why we were rumoured to be interested in Jansson before this season kicked off. Now you say Cooper kept Jansson out following a bad run. Yes OK chap, that’s obviously what happened………

Kyle Bartley League 2016/2017:
Squad 45, starting eleven 45, subbed in 0, subbed off 0, suspended 0, injured 0.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/kyle-bartley/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/67421/plus/0/saison/2016/wettbewerb/GB2/verein/399

Pontus Jansson 2016/2017:
Squad 36, starting eleven 34, subbed in 0, on the bench 2, suspended 4, injured 0

https://www.transfermarkt.com/pontus-jansson/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/125314/plus/0/saison/2016/wettbewerb/GB2/verein/399

Liam Cooper 2016/2017:
Squad 34, starting eleven 8 (2 of which were before Jansson signed), subbed in 3, on the bench 23, suspended 7, injured 0

https://www.transfermarkt.com/liam-cooper/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/75067/plus/0/saison/2016/wettbewerb/GB2/verein/399

…… only it didn’t over anything like a sustainable period.

I don’t really care if Bartley was the better of the three, it was two seasons ago, he was playing for Leeds and it was Jansson's first season in English football. I'm aware of the high regard Leeds supporters held Kyle in while he played for them though. And fair play to Kyle for his form whilst playing on the left of a central back two, especially as some seem to think his form while at Albion has been blighted by not playing on the right of a central pairing.

Is playing the ball out from the left of a back three for him? Clearly not as evidenced, but to be honest I thought he looked ordinary at best when playing as one of a central two in a back four at the start of the season as well. There may well be a footballer in there somewhere, but on his form for us thus far I'd suggest he's best suited to either the bench or the transfer list in January.

I really do genuinely hope he goes onto improve and prove doubters such as myself wrong as a successful season for Kyle would most likely equate to a successful season for Albion. Emergency cover only for me at this stage of the season at best though. In fact at this stage I'd rather Tyrone Mears played right back and playing Tosin centrally alongside either Dawson or Hegazi if it meant keeping Kyle out.

I'm no fan of Kyle as his insistence on blaming others for his short comings started to irk me.  But put him in a back four and tell him to just win tackles, headers and play channel balls.....i think he'll look a decent (not necessarily good) championship centre back.   whether he will still have mistakes in him without the pressure of playing out....only game time will tell.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2018, 08:22:01 PM »
Aren't all previous yellows scrubbed out soon?

No idea chap I didn't think it was until the new year
O Albion we love you

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2018, 08:32:50 PM »
Was he dropped or was he injured?

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2018, 10:29:54 PM »
No idea chap I didn't think it was until the new year
I read somewhere that it’s at the end of November.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.