Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2261780 times)

iwastherein68 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #9325 on: March 06, 2024, 02:51:09 PM »
Jammy or a well executed plan that has come to fruition?

Not sure that being days away from administration before being bailed out by a couple of the richest blokes in the world is really much of a well executed plan.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9326 on: March 06, 2024, 03:48:46 PM »
Jammy or a well executed plan that has come to fruition?

I'm saying jammy overall in terms of owners etc being saved from extinction, buying their way from league 1 to PL etc

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9327 on: March 06, 2024, 06:10:37 PM »
I big shame that it wasn't a lot more.

Hopefully, dick will be off to barca at the end of the season with no release clause and they bring in Pardew.

Fingers crossed Ajax will "clean the floor' with them on next 2 Thursdays and Spurs spank them in between.
Would be amazed if the current Ajax team can get past them. I watch a lot of Ajax games and they are a shadow of the free flowing side of even the recent past. Sold off nearly all their creative players, apart from Berghuis and Bergwijn who are both injured. Henderson alternates the captaincy with a 17 year old. The defence leaks goals like a sieve, so expect Watkins, Diaby and Bailey to have a field day.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 06:13:55 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9328 on: March 07, 2024, 05:02:22 PM »
Dutch newspaper interviewing a few visiting fans before tonight's game.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/video/1057668146/aston-villa-fans-overspoelen-amsterdam-elk-gaatje-vullen
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9329 on: March 07, 2024, 07:53:42 PM »
0-0 at the Amsterdam Arena. Both teams had a man sent off. Watkins almost invisible.
Knowing Ajax, they raise their game for European matches whereas for PL teams it seems like its just another game.  Villa fans very quiet, until after final whistle. Chance that Berghuis, Ajax most creative player, will be back for the return next week.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9330 on: March 07, 2024, 10:05:50 PM »
Read the stats to their game on the BBC website just before halftime. I sincerely hope the game was as dull, flat and generally un-entertaining as those stats suggested. With luck and a fair wind they'll pick up a couple of fatigue injuries too heading into the business end of the season.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9331 on: March 08, 2024, 12:17:42 PM »
0-0 at the Amsterdam Arena. Both teams had a man sent off. Watkins almost invisible.
Knowing Ajax, they raise their game for European matches whereas for PL teams it seems like its just another game.  Villa fans very quiet, until after final whistle. Chance that Berghuis, Ajax most creative player, will be back for the return next week.

Saw the game until 7pm in the Malt House in brum before heading off for a comedy night at the Glee club, I would have been much more gleeful if the Ajax striker had had his shooting boots on.

I hope they knock them out next Thursday after Spurs have battered them on Sunday.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9332 on: March 09, 2024, 03:25:50 PM »
Saw the game until 7pm in the Malt House in brum before heading off for a comedy night at the Glee club, I would have been much more gleeful if the Ajax striker had had his shooting boots on.

I hope they knock them out next Thursday after Spurs have battered them on Sunday.
Chuka Akpom, who came on later as sub for Ajax, missed a much easier chance later on.
Think it will be tougher for Ajax in the return without the crowd behind them.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9333 on: March 10, 2024, 03:21:23 PM »
Vile hammered 4-0 at home to spuds

What a marvellous day of football

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9334 on: March 10, 2024, 03:30:59 PM »
Oh Dear the Villa train is grounding to a halt, Anytime Villa get spanked at home is glorious especially when it is to a European Rival.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9335 on: March 10, 2024, 04:09:21 PM »
A very heartwarming day  8) .

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9336 on: March 10, 2024, 06:03:23 PM »
A very heartwarming day  8) .

You love to see it, don’t you  ;D

Sadly, as they are the spawniest team in the world and have gotten so high in the one season that England get an extra CL place, it will take a miracle from a poor Man Utd side for them to be denied now

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9337 on: March 10, 2024, 07:47:17 PM »

Sadly, as they are the spawniest team in the world and have gotten so high in the one season that England get an extra CL place, it will take a miracle from a poor Man Utd side for them to be denied now

Really???

I was at work watching the text feed on BBC with a Spurs and we were both loving the drubbing. I thought it would be the end of their CL hopes.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9338 on: March 11, 2024, 07:09:21 AM »

Really???

I was at work watching the text feed on BBC with a Spurs and we were both loving the drubbing. I thought it would be the end of their CL hopes.

It's a blow for them, especially given McGinn's straight red, but they're still in with a good shout of making the Champions League. They're pretty much nailed on for European football next season though in whatever guise. Sadly.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9339 on: March 11, 2024, 07:10:38 AM »

MotD2 made for very good viewing last night  8) .

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9340 on: March 11, 2024, 08:05:21 AM »
It's a blow for them, especially given McGinn's straight red, but they're still in with a good shout of making the Champions League. They're pretty much nailed on for European football next season though in whatever guise. Sadly.

But if there's an extra CL place this year as Fritzl says they are likely to get it. The swines

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9341 on: March 11, 2024, 11:17:45 AM »

Really???

Sadly so. We would need all of the English teams to be knocked out of Europe asap for us to be denied it now I think. As I have said many times before, they are the luckiest team in the world

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9342 on: March 11, 2024, 04:09:06 PM »
Sadly so. We would need all of the English teams to be knocked out of Europe asap for us to be denied it now I think. As I have said many times before, they are the luckiest team in the world

On the other hand they could implode and have their season collapse around their ears which would be deliciously funny. Keep the faith. COYB and SOTV  8) .

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9343 on: March 11, 2024, 06:39:57 PM »
Loved watching that battering.

Really grateful that Spurs kept all the goals until the 2nd half when I had switched over from our game.

Let's hope Ajax will make this a tremendous week for us all

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9344 on: March 11, 2024, 08:51:49 PM »
Loved watching that battering.

Really grateful that Spurs kept all the goals until the 2nd half when I had switched over from our game.

Let's hope Ajax will make this a tremendous week for us all

If only, sadly no teams in that competition are any good  :-[

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9345 on: March 14, 2024, 09:12:01 PM »
If only, sadly no teams in that competition are any good  :-[

I looked previously and there are plenty better than that shower of ?????.

I think Fiorentina (motivated hopefully by their defeat to West Ham in the final last season and a Turkish team who I now cannot recall.

It was always difficult for a team that has one season Wonder Akpom (whose previous manager Warnock couldn't believe went for £11m) leading the line.

This Ajax team isn't very good unfortunately.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9346 on: March 14, 2024, 10:13:30 PM »
I looked previously and there are plenty better than that shower of ?????.

I think Fiorentina (motivated hopefully by their defeat to West Ham in the final last season and a Turkish team who I now cannot recall.

It was always difficult for a team that has one season Wonder Akpom (whose previous manager Warnock couldn't believe went for £11m) leading the line.

This Ajax team isn't very good unfortunately.
Akpom is normally on the bench but due to the injury situation he came on as sub today. Brobbey is a decent No.9, but couldn't take any of his chances over 2 legs.
Villa were lucky to face probably the worst Ajax team over the last 40 years, and thats's aside from their 2 creative forwards being out injured. It was a catalogue of defensive blunders second half. Pleased I stayed at home.
At least the Ajax fans have better songs!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9347 on: March 14, 2024, 10:27:41 PM »
They will win it easy, literally nobody in there could trouble them over two legs

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9348 on: March 15, 2024, 12:55:55 AM »
Anyone know what that irritating "ee pie oh" song is about?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9349 on: March 15, 2024, 07:32:35 AM »
Anyone know what that irritating "ee pie oh" song is about?

Didn't watch the game but I think you could be referring to their high pitched rendition of 'Holte Enders in the Sky'. I'm not going to render the forum defunct by repeating the lyrics on here but feel free to Google  ;) .