Author Topic: 11 May 2019 Aston Villa 2 Albion 1 (Play Off 1st Leg)  (Read 94419 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #525 on: May 11, 2019, 10:18:47 PM »
26 seconds from the throw in being awarded to Gayle taking it so I hope we're going to start timing them all now then.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #526 on: May 11, 2019, 11:04:15 PM »
Gayle to get two match ban, cheating vile scum could get retrospect ban for deceiving git of ref for their pen apparently no contact???
Surely Shan and Gayle must have known about the potential 2 match ban, so why the f**cking f**k didn't he come off after the yellow?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #527 on: May 11, 2019, 11:07:48 PM »
Not enough intent to play football. It's OK trying to stifle them a bit which worked to a point but we got stuck in such a negative rut that when opportunities to break arose we weren't positive enough.
Same old story, midfield not strong enough to control a game and since Barnes has gone we are not potent enough on the counter either.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #528 on: May 11, 2019, 11:09:47 PM »
Surely Shan and Gayle must have known about the potential 2 match ban, so why the f**cking f**k didn't he come off after the yellow?
We were a goal down and Shan probably would have been crucified if he'd taken Gayle off.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #529 on: May 11, 2019, 11:31:39 PM »
He only has a one game ban, if we get past this lot he will be available for the final

Two matches, not one.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #530 on: May 12, 2019, 04:56:49 AM »
Any video's of the 'penalty' going around?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #531 on: May 12, 2019, 06:03:08 AM »
I agree about the time wasting, we've been doing it all season. Johnstone has been booked loads for it. Winds me up.

But the difference between Rodriguez and Grealish is that with the handball incident, he didn't thrust his hand out to try and score, it hit it and went in. But Grealish uses the fact that he's kicked a lot to buy free kicks and penalties. He doesn't need to, he's a superb player IMO. Today, JG was looking for that penalty and searched for the contact. That's why the FA are looking into it.

For me, the ref got just about every decision wrong today.
Are the fa actually looking into it then, I havent seen anything? Wont hold my breath on any action mind

jim68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #532 on: May 12, 2019, 06:48:07 AM »
Our midfield was woeful today in my opinion and given the amount of ball they had, and then the pressure they put us under in the final 15 minutes I think a 1 goal deficit is quite good.

What is very concerning was our complete inability to compete and get on the ball.
the main concerns for me were [not just this game] whether we go 1nil up or we equalise we then retreat and sit far to deep and invite the opposition on [as the villa fan posted we dont go looking to score another ]apart from the odd counter attack  and constantly give the ball away and theres only one outcome from that .very dissapointjng  ::)

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #533 on: May 12, 2019, 07:21:03 AM »
Two matches, not one.

It's a one match ban according to the FA Disciplinary Regulations

"Receiving a second caution in the same match - 1 Match"

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #534 on: May 12, 2019, 08:23:57 AM »
It's a one match ban according to the FA Disciplinary Regulations

"Receiving a second caution in the same match - 1 Match"

Apparently he gets an extra match ban due to his red earlier in the season...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #535 on: May 12, 2019, 08:36:26 AM »
just looked at that Grealish penalty again and even in slow motion I can't see any contact at all.  Grealish is just a cheat and the FA should look at this and ban Grealish.  They did it for Gayle earlier in the season.  If they take no action then we know that the FA and the refs have got it in for us.

So hopefully he could be out of the Tuesday match and better still, if they beat us, he will be out of the final.

One consolation if we lose on Tuesday is seeing the Villa fans crying at Wembley because they have lost !!!!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #536 on: May 12, 2019, 08:46:40 AM »

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #537 on: May 12, 2019, 08:56:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/TheBaggiesBible/status/1127243667943641090
Cheers mate certainly looks like a dive to me
It's the way he wriggles about like a fish out of water every time he goes down
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #538 on: May 12, 2019, 08:58:40 AM »
Not sure how we managed to throw away a game where we was looking comfortable

Villas 1st goal- why with 20 mins to go are we defending our 6 yard box? Brunt has got to be dragging the team further up the pitch. It allowed Hourihane all the time in the world to pull the ball out of his feet and bend it into the corner.

The second I haven’t seen - it looked clear as day in the stadium but I’ve heard the contact is minimal. Would be disappointing as Johansen had a good game marking grealish until he tired.

The red card is absolutely pathetic - Gayle is entitled to go for a genuine 50/50z how he can view that as a second yellow is baffling

In any event, a manager with a bit of nous about him would have taken Gayle off - it was clear there was some most in the air after his challenge following his first yellow card. Gayle should have been watching the last 20 mins in the local pub ffs !!

Big task on Tuesday and it will play right into their hands

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #539 on: May 12, 2019, 09:01:42 AM »
Oh, and it’s a stonewall penalty on Holgate - I’m really not sure how the referee doesn’t give it

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #540 on: May 12, 2019, 09:10:24 AM »
Doesnt everything get wiped out in the playoffs, talksport seem to think 1 game ban

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #541 on: May 12, 2019, 09:11:44 AM »
If there is any justice at all then Grealish will be banned. Gibbs takes the ball then he dives. Let’s wait and see.

HamsteadHarry

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #542 on: May 12, 2019, 09:26:23 AM »
 Hourahaine was standing in acres of space waving his arms in the air and screaming for the ball for ages before it was rolled back to him - awful defending. Second half Villa ran at the defence in the box a lot more - it's always a risk when you have to defend there.
Anyway it's  far from over yet.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #543 on: May 12, 2019, 10:07:47 AM »
Doesnt everything get wiped out in the playoffs, talksport seem to think 1 game ban

Been confirmed now.

It's an absolute joke, I'm literally fuming over it.  His 'dive' wasn't even that bad, there were legs in the way and he went over.  Players do it all the time.  Grealish's was worse in that respect in that Gibbs feet were grounded.  To get banned for 2(?) games then, and then another 2 games it's ridiculous.

And when you get that Villa player getting away with throttling a Leeds player?  And what about the Leeds player who went down holding his face, didn't that deceive the referee and affect the result? It resulted ina red card.

Can the FA honestly tell me that nobody else has dived in the top divisions this season? 

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #544 on: May 12, 2019, 10:25:25 AM »
they didn't realise that they had to put a cheating ref into that equation, seriously hope Albion put a official complaint into FA this bloke should never officiate again clearly biased.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #545 on: May 12, 2019, 10:31:25 AM »
At the time I was hoping that Shan was going to sub Gayle tbh.  He was getting involved in little spats, had a yellow card already and we were being over run in midfield as well as he'd ran his socks off all game so keeping him fresh for Tuesday should have been on the agenda.  Would have made perfect sense to sub Gayle and push J-Rod further forward and an extra body in the middle.  In hindsight it's even more stupid not to do that.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #546 on: May 12, 2019, 11:00:56 AM »
Are the fa actually looking into it then, I havent seen anything? Wont hold my breath on any action mind

Can't find the link now, but apparently the FA are going to look at the ref's match report on the penalty. Won't do much as it will probably say "Gibbs dived in, so I awarded a penalty", but still...

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #547 on: May 12, 2019, 11:13:51 AM »
Can't find the link now, but apparently the FA are going to look at the ref's match report on the penalty. Won't do much as it will probably say "Gibbs dived in, so I awarded a penalty", but still...
they have to be concerned by the official yesterday and his decision making.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #548 on: May 12, 2019, 11:19:03 AM »

He didn't get a red earlier in the season, he got a retrospective ban

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #549 on: May 12, 2019, 11:42:12 AM »
like everyone else agree shocking ref 2 major decisions got wrong , not worried about 1 goal defecit now definitely worried about  gayle not being available, shan should have been a bit more thoughtful on his subs but it is what it is , we need to get some young legs on the pitch from the off and get some on the bench  and give it a go  with the crowd playing their part as well , if we lose at least lets go down fighting