Author Topic: Season ticket prices to be announced tomorrow!  (Read 13484 times)

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Season ticket prices to be announced tomorrow!
« on: April 28, 2011, 11:36:56 AM »
According to CLs twitter

Expecting #wba to announce season ticket prices tomorrow... watch this space (or Birmingham Mail)
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Season ticket prices to be announced tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 11:42:31 AM »
Right day to bury bad news I suppose  :-X :D

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 11:44:53 AM »
Im expecting a 10-15% hike with an 'early bird' option, thats reasonable and would still be cheaper than most in premiership.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 11:50:41 AM »
It may be too much to ask but an early bird and some kind of offer for a first child with an adult like we used to have would be good to help families out. I do expect an increase though, just hope it is kept as low as possible.

Mike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 11:52:26 AM »
Any increase really could kill us in the long term. 

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 11:55:58 AM »
I think £22 a game in the prem this season was excellent value, like i say I think its going to be around the £25 a game mark for SME (£475) to me that is reasonable and fair for both club and supporter, any more than that and they are pushing the boundaries a little too far.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 12:24:42 PM »
Really hope theres no increase in the prices.  Wishful thinking maybe but two hikes in 2 years is alot in the current climate IMO especially as last years was a whopping 33%. 

If for instance he increases my ticket from £399 to £449 then that means its gone from £299 to £449 in 2 years.  Ridiculous IMO.  50% in 2 years.   :o

I think alot of fans will definitely think twice.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 12:52:02 PM »
Not very good for the supporters but the money we need to compete and keep players like Odemwingie at the club has to come from somewhere. I'd be surprised if they didn't go up.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

Mike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »
Not very good for the supporters but the money we need to compete and keep players like Odemwingie at the club has to come from somewhere. I'd be surprised if they didn't go up.

If it means losing a couple of thousand of fans, i'd rather get rid of Odemwingie.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
I had a feeling most of the money for players come from Sky and other sponsors not so much ticket money?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

CrackedLCD

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 01:01:12 PM »
I heard a rumour that they are to be frozen from a source on the London supporters club...

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 01:03:03 PM »
If it means losing a couple of thousand of fans, i'd rather get rid of Odemwingie.
And go back to the likes of Ellington? No thanks!

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 01:37:22 PM »
Just a quick calculation how the club might benefit from increasing the ST prices.

Current price £399 @ 18000 ST holders = £7.18m

We could effectively lose 1000 fans which isnt unrealistic therefore:

£449 @ 17000 ST holders = £7.63m  which adds just 450k to the coffers.

Thats not taking into account the potential loss of programme, merchanise and food money with that.

I genuinely feel that if we stuck with the current prices people who decided to not come this season may want to come back or we may bring in some new fans after the successful season we've had.

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »
I'm really not expecting a rise, I'd actually expect a few Category A games from this season to be moved to Category B for individual match ticket buyers.

reis wbafc patel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 04:42:26 PM »
I don't think it will go up too much if any.
ALBION TIL I DIE

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »
I don't think it will go up too much if any.

Here's to wishful thinking  :D

I've saved up a bit more than this seasons prices so unless there is a stupid rise i should be ok. Will be interesting to see though
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 05:04:22 PM »
wounded, they should do what blues do pay off £30 a month or something like that, hope it aint soon i've got to pay it all up i've got a holiday and car to run

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 05:05:23 PM »
I'm hoping there isn't no rise otherwise I'm not far away from being priced out,  if there is an increase, I wish the club would of let us know two sets of prices abit earlier detailing Premiership and championship details just incase we were relegated. At least this would give people abit more time to save.

I think Peace has to be careful here about losing fans and then obviously money, if the prices go up many fans will not renew their ST, also adding more fuel into the fire for the hatred of Peace, if next season was to back fire, then Peace would only be getting the blame for increasing the ST yet we couldn't keep our premier league status

As Kris says above, keep the prices how they are now and we might just have one or two more fans investing in a season ticket. I think their might also need to be a option to help our families, meaning one child gets in free with a full adult season ticket.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
Is there a scheme where you can pay some off every month? If not doubt I can get one, first time in 10 years  :'(

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 05:19:06 PM »
I can see the 'Peace Out' protest being rescheduled if ticket prices aren't reduced to £10 per person. As was said last summer, if we want to see better football then we've got to pay bigger prices. Can't see prices going up or down much if at all this year. Although we don't really get a raw deal when it comes to season ticket prices.

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 05:44:26 PM »
if we want to see better football then we've got to pay bigger prices

What good is a better team if you can't afford to go and watch them for goodness sake

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 06:15:44 PM »
I just hope the club are a bit more creative with incentives this time round.  £400 in relative terms is not a ludicrous price for a Premiership season ticket, however it is still a big whack to stump up in one go especially when you’ve got rent/mortgage, increasing utilities, rocketing fuel prices, high food costs etc etc.

For those who can afford it in one big swoop provide an early bird deal and then possibly a structured payment system for others.  For example I wouldn’t have any problem paying say £450 in 10 instalments over the course of a season even if others who paid up front got theirs for £400.  I’d be paying more in the long run but it would help enormously with the managing of my finances on a month to month basis.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:04:17 PM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

astle68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 06:18:28 PM »
I just hope the club are a bit more creative with incentives this time round.  £400 in relative terms is not a ludicrous price for a Premiership season ticket, however it is still a big whack to stump up in one go especially when you’ve got rent/mortgage, increasing utilities, rocketing fuel prices, high food costs etc etc.

For those who can afford it one big swoop provide an early bird deal and then possibly a structured payment system for others.  For example I wouldn’t have any problem paying say £450 in 10 instalments over the course of a season even if others who paid up front got theirs for £400.  I’d be paying more in the long run but it would help enormously with the managing of my finances on a month to month basis.
It's not like it's not an unexpected cost, though, is it? Surely you could just save up over the course of the season, say, £450 and then any change from that goes straight into your backside pocket?

Just a thought

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 06:30:39 PM »
If your living pay cheque to pay cheque its not as simple as that.

I spend about £200 on petrol each month, 12 months ago I spent maybe a £150.. Back then I could have possibly put that spare £50.00 each month towards this year's season ticket but I didn't envisage such a hike in fuel costs.  Its the same with utilities and food prices, everythings going up and it's hard to budget.  So theroetcally its easy to say I'll put £50.00 away each month but when your costs keep increasing your going to start eating into anything saved.

This is why a monthly payment would benefit many who have households to support. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 07:03:07 PM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 06:43:19 PM »
Isn't the point of season tickets to get a lump sum of money to spend before the season starts though?