Author Topic: 12 Feb 2019 Albion 2 Nottingham Forest 2  (Read 50190 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2019, 11:22:03 AM »
Any crowd over 20k on a weeknight is a good crowd for us, I mean up until 2002 we only ever got over 20k against the wolves and that was all season. It’s going to be a crowd of 22k plus which for us i honestly think is a good crowd

While we could always do with extra revenue I don't really get all the willy waving/subsequent disappointment etc regarding crowd sizes to be honest. Never have. What's always counted for me is who's there rather than how many.

So many times we've had bigger gates only for the atmosphere to be flatter than a witches tit. It's a bit like having a big fat todger and not knowing what to do with it other than show 'up'. If supportrs choos to stay away or just can't mak it I don't think any lss of thm.

As radrs of this post can obsrv th lttr aftr D on my kyboard has just givn up th ghost. It must hav bn th word todgr wot did it. Buggr. I always thought sx mad your 'I's' go   ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2019, 11:23:07 AM »
Fitness permitting, same side as the Stoke game. Personally I would take J-Rod out and put Montero on the wing with Gayle through the middle but that will not happen so keep the same side.

We cannot afford to be taking liberties with such games by resting players. Our home form has been awful of late, we need to turn it around

DM will not be dropping JRod anytime soon and he shouldn't be thinking too in my opinion. JRod offers us a lot in terms of work rate and always pops up with a goal.

Also, just to play devils advocate, I read that Gayle's goal per minute ratio is better from the wide position than it is through the middle.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2019, 11:52:49 AM »
Johnstone

Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Harper
Livermore
Johansen

Murphy
J Rod
Gayle

Bond, Bartley, Townsend, Barry, Field, Montero, Hoolahan

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2019, 11:58:30 AM »
DM will not be dropping JRod anytime soon and he shouldn't be thinking too in my opinion. JRod offers us a lot in terms of work rate and always pops up with a goal.

Also, just to play devils advocate, I read that Gayle's goal per minute ratio is better from the wide position than it is through the middle.
Agree re JRod, whilst I think he's lacking as a striker, we have no-one better to play that role so, if fit, he plays for me.
Any word on Kanu's injury? Think he will also start if fit.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2019, 12:41:08 PM »
Same team as Saturday please.... Unless Matt Phillips reappears (said in hope) In which case Play him instead of Murphy.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2019, 01:11:29 PM »
Need to sort home form out, starting today.
2-0

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2019, 01:27:40 PM »
Fitness permitting, same side as the Stoke game. Personally I would take J-Rod out and put Montero on the wing with Gayle through the middle but that will not happen so keep the same side.

We cannot afford to be taking liberties with such games by resting players. Our home form has been awful of late, we need to turn it around

Taking Rodriguez out for Montero would completely change the way we play and overall make us weaker.

Rodriguez has been one of our key players this season, being integral to the way we play. I find it incredible how so many think we would be better off without him in the side.

My team:

Johnstone

Holgate Dawson Hegazi Gibbs

Livermore Barry Johansen

Gayle    JROD    Murphy

I would be tempted to start with Harper instead of Barry to give him a rest, but perhaps he should be starting in front of Livermore instead. At least we have options now. I hope Phillips is fit enough to make the bench.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:17:07 PM by Windmill Baggy »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2019, 01:34:15 PM »
Some very good points. I'd also like to add that Joe Lolley is a Viler and will be well up for tonight. Very tricky game in the offering (as seen at their place) against a team who blow hot and cold. I know it's more than a bit 'cliche' but we'll need to be at them and make the most of our chances when they come. Here's hoping the players have got their shooting boots on.

COYB  8) .

Why does he think they're playing Blues?  :) ;)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2019, 04:06:41 PM »
Anyone know if there are odds on Claudio getting his marching orders tonight?  ;)

Loved him for us, a smashing lad and must have been a joy to have in our team for the other players

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2019, 04:14:01 PM »
Lee Mason Season 2018/19

Games:21
Yellow Cards: 59
Red Cards: 2

Has referred the following games we were involved in this season so far

ENGLISH FA CUP Sat 26 Jan 2019
Brighton 0- 0 West Brom

CHAMPIONSHIP   Sat 10 Nov 2018   
West Brom 4-1 Leeds   

CHAMPIONSHIP   Sat 11 Aug 2018   
Norwich 3-4 West Brom

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2019, 05:12:00 PM »
Anyone know if there are odds on Claudio getting his marching orders tonight?  ;)

Loved him for us, a smashing lad and must have been a joy to have in our team for the other players
I hope so, as long as he doesn't take one of our chaps legs with him

Actually, I don't hope so, but I hope "bad" Claudio turns up, as in giving the ball away too often in dangerous places
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 05:13:50 PM by mulliganstired »

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2019, 05:25:14 PM »
I hope so, as long as he doesn't take one of our chaps legs with him

Actually, I don't hope so, but I hope "bad" Claudio turns up, as in giving the ball away too often in dangerous places
Is he a regular starter for them these days then?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2019, 07:13:42 PM »
Team

Johnstone; Holgate, Dawson, Adarabioyo, Gibbs; Livermore (c), Harper, Johansen; Murphy, Rodriguez, Gayle

Subs: Bond, Mears, Bartley, Barry, Hoolahan, Field, Tulloch

I’m pleased Barry is sub tonight, we have a far tougher game on Saturday, imo and we need him 100% fit for that
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2019, 07:14:51 PM »
Lots of running in that midfield but is there quality on the ball?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2019, 07:16:53 PM »
I've just had a quiet word with Dave and told him I support him all the way.
He looked me in the eye and listened to what I said to him,a sincere man doing a great job,nice 5 series too.
But the top car driving into players car park was a green Bentley sporty car,a real classy car,I couldn't see who got out of it but I'm jealous.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »
Hegazi injured. Big loss, thankfully Tosin comes in ahead of Bartley but it means Montero falls victim to the 5 loanee rule. Harper for Barry the other change.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2019, 07:30:38 PM »
Matt Wilson Twitter Acount

Looks like Livermore will drop back into holding mid with Harper and Johansen ahead of him. Adarabioyo performed well at LCB in FA Cup, and is preferred ahead of Bartley, who looks more comfortable at RCB.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2019, 07:31:40 PM »
Yes good to see Tosin is ahead of Bartley

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2019, 07:36:38 PM »
Dingel Don on comatry  >:(

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2019, 08:08:49 PM »
0-1

7 mins gone

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2019, 08:08:59 PM »
Back passing agin...Goal for NF  >:(

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2019, 08:09:49 PM »
What a nightmare - an own goal by home debutant Johansen.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2019, 08:10:46 PM »
When are we going to learn with this passing it around the back, sometimes you just have to hoof it
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2019, 08:10:52 PM »
Our passing is still terrible too.

baggy_girl89

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2019, 08:11:34 PM »
I’m sick and tired of Dawson’s lack of ability at a simple 5 yard pass. He’s worse than Hegazi nowadays.

We simply are not good enough to pass it around at the back. So cut it the hell out.