Author Topic: 6 Feb 2019 Albion 1 Brighton 3 (FA Cup Ro 4 Replay)  (Read 68925 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #475 on: February 07, 2019, 01:55:24 PM »
Tulloch and Rogers looked like boys playing against men to me. Neither of them are anywhere near ready.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #476 on: February 07, 2019, 01:59:53 PM »
Tulloch and Rogers looked like boys playing against men to me. Neither of them are anywhere near ready.
Rogers definitely did, but Tulloch put himself about a bit and got away one decent shot on target.
Not saying he's anywhere near a start but, if chasing a game, I'd rather him come on than the likes of Brunt, Hoolahan, Mears, Field, HRK, Leko etc as they offer little goal threat.
Bear in mind we only have 2 strikers as it is and they both start if fit.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #477 on: February 07, 2019, 02:15:57 PM »
I've just seen the footage of the goals

How Dawson is getting criticised for their equaliser is beyond me - god only knows what Kyle Bartley is playing at. Ridiculous first touch.

I can only imagine as the ball got close to him he panicked between clearing it and taking it down, in the end he did neither and gifted them a goal.

None of that goal is Dawson's fault, if anything he tried to take the striker down to stop the chance of the goal.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #478 on: February 07, 2019, 02:38:21 PM »

I do not - and still do not - understand the substitutions - in particular if Rodriguez and Dawson was just being rested. Almost seemed like we were treating the match as a training excerise and was not bothered about progressing.
Chuck in Livermore playing for almost dead on an hour and you have a pre programmed game plan regardless of score or match situation , absolutely no flexibility for something like HRK's injury ! None of this may have mattered though if the officials had done their job and sent the fella off for the blatant elbow! Just can't see ANY justification for not !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #479 on: February 07, 2019, 02:54:05 PM »
I thought Tulloch looked closer, nice to seem him get a bit longer than the 8mins or so the other day, be happy to see him as a sub option.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #480 on: February 07, 2019, 02:58:17 PM »
Just out of interest, how many of those decrying the low turn out actually turned up?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #481 on: February 07, 2019, 03:16:36 PM »
I went, probably parts where I felt like I didn't bother though  :D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #482 on: February 07, 2019, 03:52:26 PM »
Just because some people are making a large noise does not mean they are correct, they just follow a populist opinion that falls apart when questioned. One may even say there should be a special place in Wolverhampton for them.

See Barabbas  ;D .

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #483 on: February 07, 2019, 03:56:52 PM »

Would mean one of the other loanees couldn't play. Reverting to a 3 is a disaster imo because if it happens it happens with Bartley and rules out one of the attacking loans because we would need Tosin on the bench.

The thought of this makes my blood run cold with dread.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #484 on: February 07, 2019, 04:07:02 PM »
Disappointed to head out in the fashion that we did.

I thought the young lads acquitted themselves very well - Field and Harper looked knackered throughout extra time. The lad Tulloch looks a breath of fresh air and seemed a bit more developed than Leko. I thought Rogers struggled to get to grips with the game and missed a good opportunity.

I thought the first half was relatively even - the second half was OK going forwards but struggled defensively when we moved to the three at the back.

Some of the goals we gave away was poor - I will forgive the third as we were dead on our feet and it took a horrible deflection from Field who could not get out quick enough. The first goal I want to see again but the initial error was appalling.

I do not - and still do not - understand the substitutions - in particular if Rodriguez and Dawson was just being rested. Almost seemed like we were treating the match as a training excerise and was not bothered about progressing.

Watched him when he came on as sub for England when they played at Walsall during the summer. He looked decent in his age bracket back but lacked that little something. Last night against grown men I'd say he's come on a lot since then.

Obviously needs to get his knocks in and toughen up but he's sharp and has good movement. Nowhere near the starting eleven in the league for me but I like the look of him and would have no qualms about him coming on sparingly as a sub' when opponents begin to tire.

First time I've seen Rogers. Whatever anyone thinks of his performance last night getting real game time into his legs against experienced pros (regardless of how often they've started this season) will have done him the world of good.

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #485 on: February 07, 2019, 04:14:53 PM »
Watched him when he came on as sub for England when they played at Walsall during the summer. He looked decent in his age bracket back but lacked that little something. Last night against grown men I'd say he's come on a lot since then.

Obviously needs to get his knocks in and toughen up but he's sharp and has good movement. Nowhere near the starting eleven in the league for me but I like the look of him and would have no qualms about him coming on sparingly as a sub' when opponents begin to tire.

First time I've seen Rogers. Whatever anyone thinks of his performance last night getting real game time into his legs against experienced pros (regardless of how often they've started this season) will have done him the world of good.

Agree with this, I felt that he wasn't used to having less time on the ball than he would of in youth age groups

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #486 on: February 07, 2019, 07:23:00 PM »
Just because some people are making a large noise does not mean they are correct, they just follow a populist opinion that falls apart when questioned. One may even say there should be a special place in Wolverhampton for them.
Well that’s it then,those that dare point out mistakes must be Dingles 🙃
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #487 on: February 07, 2019, 07:36:15 PM »
7,328 against Swansea in the League Cup in 2000.

Back in the rainbow stand days then

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #488 on: February 07, 2019, 08:33:02 PM »
Well that’s it then,those that dare point out mistakes must be Dingles 🙃

Perceived mistakes you mean surely?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #489 on: February 07, 2019, 08:53:42 PM »
Mark my words and remember this I predict we have someone special in Rogers and he is going to be a class act. The last time I said that about a player I saw for the first time and that was Derek Statham!!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #490 on: February 07, 2019, 10:04:04 PM »
a day on my views haven't really changed:
1) their lad should have been sent off which probably would have put the game in our favour even if we did persist with the youth.
2) wasted opportunity as over both games with a few more "senior" players we could have seen them off and be looking at a winnable home draw in 5th round.
3) subs my big dave were obviously pre meditated, however the rodriguez sub stunk as he should have given gayle 30 mins + extra time. rather than bringing dawson on.
4) harper impressed again- if we stay at this level he could well be starting every game next year thus we need to sort his contract.
5) field played well put his body on the line and generally is a tidy player and did show case some very good passing.
6) Tulloch showed flashes of something- he probably should have gone out on loan to a conference side if not league 2 this window. Rogers got into some good positions he did miss a sitter but hes 16 and will have learned a lot from playing.
7) 3 at back doesn't work stop trying it please.
8) mears and townsend look capable understudies and not much else. hoolahan is worth a spot on the bench and might well be worth a go in a free role off rodriguez and gayle.
9) bond I don't think is that far behind johnstone-probably only price tag that keeps sam johnstone ahead in pecking order.
10) us going down to 10 men killed us off as even with the team we had out I still thought we had a chance to knick it.
O Albion we love you

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #491 on: February 07, 2019, 10:28:31 PM »

Perceived mistakes you mean surely?
Yes you are correct.

Although if DM comes out every week in the aftermatch interview and says "we have to learn from the MISTAKES"
Isn't that stating that they are ?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 10:30:22 PM by zippyandbungle »
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #492 on: February 07, 2019, 10:34:44 PM »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #493 on: February 07, 2019, 10:39:21 PM »
Yes you are correct.

Although if DM comes out every week in the aftermatch interview and says "we have to learn from the MISTAKES"
Isn't that stating that they are ?

He doesn't label them, it's just a generic term. So the mistakes you're talking about may not be the mistakes Moore is alluding to.

Everyone bangs on about Brunt, but its obvious Moore is happy with his performances or he wouldn't keep playing him. Similar to my thoughts on Kanu for the last 3 weeks and Livermore throughout his career.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #494 on: February 08, 2019, 04:56:46 PM »
Referee does his job and sends off Andone and in my opinion it's a different game. Yes we made mistakes that cost us but none bigger than the ref who in my opinion chose not to see it.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #495 on: February 08, 2019, 10:44:30 PM »
Florin Andone suspended by the FA

Three game ban, good!

Source: https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17420399.albion-striker-florin-andone-suspended-by-the-fa/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #496 on: February 08, 2019, 10:47:20 PM »

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #497 on: February 10, 2019, 10:36:23 AM »
brilliant performance by the kids let down by a senior pro, what a stupid ball to play to Dawson who would have struggled to sort it even if he had not have slipped when will these central defenders realise that they are not good enough to pass the ball around the back and just get rid especially when you are one up with 8 to go

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #498 on: February 10, 2019, 03:19:15 PM »
brilliant performance by the kids let down by a senior pro, what a stupid ball to play to Dawson who would have struggled to sort it even if he had not have slipped when will these central defenders realise that they are not good enough to pass the ball around the back and just get rid especially when you are one up with 8 to go

it wasn't a pass he literally miscontrolled it 30 feet.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 03:56:04 PM by LiamTheBaggie »