Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 725310 times)

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #2525 on: May 23, 2019, 12:46:10 PM »
Forth man? The only one I'm convinced we've even spoken to is Cowley (via Matt Wilson). Everything else is either rumour, presumption, hearsay or creative journalism. Someone feel free to provide evidence of the contrary if I'm wrong.

I can understand Albion's need to be careful and I didn't expect them to rush to make an appointment but it is starting to drag on now to the point of being tedious.

I'm all for giving Albion the benefit of the doubt in this instance because I understand  this isn't an easy one but If someone isn't appointed by the end of next week at the latest I'd be EXTREMELY concerned that we can't appoint the man we want and are instead going to appoint someone who is pretty much the only option we have left.

The club have had since they sacked Darren Moore to look for a new head coach and OK the delay is somewhat understandable given the play off situation but they really need to be bringing someone in pretty soon now.

not sure how it is beginning to drag on? its been 9 days since we lost to villa in the play offs. i do agree to your comment though of by the end of next week someone should be appointed  as that will have been over 2 weeks then and more than enough time to make the correct appointment.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2526 on: May 23, 2019, 01:31:47 PM »
I'd be absolutely amazed if our candidate came from abroad..

I don't see Jenkins making the same Pepe Mel mistake.
same mistake as pepe mel...but also same mistake as moore/shan....we wont get a manager in then

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2527 on: May 23, 2019, 01:53:06 PM »
not sure how it is beginning to drag on? its been 9 days since we lost to villa in the play offs. i do agree to your comment though of by the end of next week someone should be appointed  as that will have been over 2 weeks then and more than enough time to make the correct appointment.

Because Darren Moore was sacked on March 9th?

That's seventy four days ago.

Ship without a rudder.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2528 on: May 23, 2019, 02:15:59 PM »
Reports in the German media suggest Labbadia prepared to talk to his old club Hamburger SV to see what they have to say. They are in a similar crisis situation. He's apparently turned down 2 offers from China. He's due to return to Germany next weekend from his last tour with the Wolfsburg team in China, after which talks with Hamburger SV could take place. The report suggests he's happy to wait for the right challenge. The report quotes Sky Sports saying also talks with Albion planned.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2529 on: May 23, 2019, 02:20:36 PM »
Johnson has signed a new contract at Bristol city. Another one to scratch off the list of possibles once all the shortlist have turned us down.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2530 on: May 23, 2019, 03:46:35 PM »
Labbadia has never managed outside of Germany, so i would expect him to stay there if he gets an offer.
We get these names about to get fans interested then appoint Appleton.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2531 on: May 23, 2019, 03:51:52 PM »
Labbadia has never managed outside of Germany, so i would expect him to stay there if he gets an offer.
We get these names about to get fans interested then appoint Appleton.
No, Labbadia has said he would prefer to manage outside Germany, (that's come from the German media), but obviously he's not going to rule out working there again.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2532 on: May 23, 2019, 05:43:23 PM »
James Shan has offers from three clubs after West Brom caretaker spell ends (Health Warning clickbait site)

We'd better get in quick if we want him

Source: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/23/report-james-shan-has-offers-from-three-clubs-after-west-brom-ca/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2533 on: May 23, 2019, 06:57:36 PM »
James Shan has offers from three clubs after West Brom caretaker spell ends (Health Warning clickbait site)

We'd better get in quick if we want him

Source: https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/23/report-james-shan-has-offers-from-three-clubs-after-west-brom-ca/
So now we’re running out of coaches.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2534 on: May 23, 2019, 06:58:24 PM »
Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Just cannot see labbadia coming to us.

At the end of it all I think it will be Shan or Appleton because I seriously doubt anyone will come when our best players are about to be sold, there is uncertainty over the owner, from the outside in it looks a shambles, noone outside the fan base understands in the slightest why big Dave got sacked and a lot of people hate us for it.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2535 on: May 23, 2019, 07:08:44 PM »
Haha, this club is an utter joke. We're looking at 4 managers, each is totally different from the other and they all play polar opposite styles of football. This is all after we sacked we'll-score-more-than-you Moore, decided we wanted the pragmatic Wagner, interviewed the attack-minded Jokanovic and then gave the job to sit-deep-and-counter-attack Shan.

Imagine wanting to buy a new car, and narrowing it down to either a Vauxhall Corsa, a Hummer, a Lamborghini Aventador, or a Ford Model T. That's this football club when it comes to managers. Except we finish a test drive in the Lamborghini and go, "nah, I'll just walk for the rest of the year and then have a rethink".

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2536 on: May 23, 2019, 07:14:41 PM »
Haha, this club is an utter joke. We're looking at 4 managers, each is totally different from the other and they all play polar opposite styles of football. This is all after we sacked we'll-score-more-than-you Moore, decided we wanted the pragmatic Wagner, interviewed the attack-minded Jokanovic and then gave the job to sit-deep-and-counter-attack Shan.

Imagine wanting to buy a new car, and narrowing it down to either a Vauxhall Corsa, a Hummer, a Lamborghini Aventador, or a Ford Model T. That's this football club when it comes to managers. Except we finish a test drive in the Lamborghini and go, "nah, I'll just walk for the rest of the year and then have a rethink".

Hang on, that’s a bit harsh, I’ve got a corsa and it does exactly what it says on the label. I deliberately didn’t writ tin  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2537 on: May 23, 2019, 07:16:22 PM »
The worrying thing for me is the four man shortlist seems to contain about 10 managers! They’ve had since March to get this done, they should have had 2 lists ready for either premier league managers or championship. We really need to get the majority of the squad ready for preseason which means we need to get a move on.

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2538 on: May 23, 2019, 09:28:18 PM »
I'd be delighted if Labbadia could be convinced to take the job. That's the level of manager that could allow us to "do a Wolves" - get promoted and enjoy our time in the big league. But as others have mentioned, Albion usually let you down in the end. Hope I'm proven wrong. Call me naive, but I genuinely don't think it will be Appleton though. Surely the club can't be that short sighted?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2539 on: May 23, 2019, 09:41:21 PM »
The worrying thing for me is the four man shortlist seems to contain about 10 managers! They’ve had since March to get this done, they should have had 2 lists ready for either premier league managers or championship. We really need to get the majority of the squad ready for preseason which means we need to get a move on.

We have to comply with diversity and equality requirements.  ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2540 on: May 23, 2019, 10:47:58 PM »
We have to comply with diversity and equality requirements.  ;)
Tea lady, it is then !

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2541 on: May 23, 2019, 11:30:23 PM »
Tea lady, it is then !
;D The tea-lady has many talents. Most pundits on here have had her playing "up front",midfield and centre back not to mention the managers position.
The question is who will be making the tea? Jenkins??? LOL

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2542 on: May 24, 2019, 06:14:44 AM »
;D The tea-lady has many talents. Most pundits on here have had her playing "up front",midfield and centre back not to mention the managers position.
Mr Brunt hopefully
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2543 on: May 24, 2019, 06:37:00 AM »
OK we're being a little light hearted and making a lot of suppositions on this thread.
The fact is that no one outside the club knows who are on this list of 4.
Personally I'm hoping for the best but fearing the worst.
The club has done nothing in recent years to suggest it has a long term strategy in place.
We just seem to limp from one disaster to another.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2544 on: May 24, 2019, 08:05:56 AM »
OK we're being a little light hearted and making a lot of suppositions on this thread.
The club has done nothing in recent years to suggest it has a long term strategy in place.

Is there a problem with that? Considering the lack of communication from the club, it's only natural that fans will adopt a laissez-faire and be self-deprecating approaches to the club as a method of expressing and relieving frustration
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2545 on: May 24, 2019, 08:58:44 AM »

Wholeheartedly agree.

We've had since February to resolve the manager issue.

The club have only recent confirmed they now have their four man shortlist.

WTF have they been doing for the last three months?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2546 on: May 24, 2019, 08:58:58 AM »

We can't move the tea lady from her current position.

She's the only one at the club doing their job correctly !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2547 on: May 24, 2019, 09:09:21 AM »
Wholeheartedly agree.

We've had since February to resolve the manager issue.

The club have only recent confirmed they now have their four man shortlist.

WTF have they been doing for the last three months?

Having a tea dance while re arranging deck chairs on the Titanic?

Flower arranging?

Picking fluff while navel gazing?

Monitoring/stalking the sh!t out of candidates?

Sweet naughty word all?

Delete as appropriate.......  ;D  ;) .

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2548 on: May 24, 2019, 10:00:41 AM »
Approaching the situation with due diligence and rigour for the benefit of the future of the football club and its supporters  :D ;) ;D :-* :-*
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2549 on: May 24, 2019, 10:15:16 AM »
Approaching the situation with due diligence and rigour for the benefit of the future of the football club and its supporters  :D ;) ;D :-* :-*

Club speak for 'waiting for the transfer window to close' thus saving on wages so we can retain extra staff.

Welcome to the forum Mr Dowling  ;D .