Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 786741 times)

Westie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #2725 on: March 19, 2018, 10:48:52 PM »
Many argue that sport and politics shouldn’t be mixed. The World Cup was ‘won’ (with brown envelopes?) by Russia specifically for political purposes. Any country with sporting morals should not go to the World Cup. How can you play sport against a country that utilises state sponsored cheating (doping), let alone one that bombs civilians, women and children included, supports a regime that does the same with the addition of using poison gas, and apparently is quite happy to release a lethal military nerve agent in a foreign country? We’re I an England footballer, I would not want any involvement whatsoever in giving legitimacy to Russia and their so-called ‘sport’.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2726 on: March 19, 2018, 11:25:57 PM »
Many argue that sport and politics shouldn’t be mixed. The World Cup was ‘won’ (with brown envelopes?) by Russia specifically for political purposes. Any country with sporting morals should not go to the World Cup. How can you play sport against a country that utilises state sponsored cheating (doping), let alone one that bombs civilians, women and children included, supports a regime that does the same with the addition of using poison gas, and apparently is quite happy to release a lethal military nerve agent in a foreign country? We’re I an England footballer, I would not want any involvement whatsoever in giving legitimacy to Russia and their so-called ‘sport’.

I don't think we'd have much of a leg to stand on regarding supporting dodgy regimes...we're nice and cosy to Saudi Arabia.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2727 on: March 20, 2018, 11:22:30 AM »

I'm hoping to go to watch a game of football and enjoy the atmosphere with a load of like minded folks.
There is far too much in this world for me to make a personal stand against,
Lacking moral fibre - yes,
Going to have a great time, - thats the plan!

Each to thier own,

As an aside, I would be interested to know how you can support a club which has a history of Drunk & drug driving (Saido / Hughes), Quenelles (anelka), Taxi theft (the "boys') , photos of sexual acts (Hoult) burning money wiped on arses (ridgewell) Drugs (willie alledgedly, Bednar), shall i go on? ...... 

Where you draw the line of indignation and resultant action is a personal thing,
I don't like the idea of criticising others because their views don't align with my moral compass but as I say each to their own.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2728 on: March 20, 2018, 12:46:51 PM »
I'm hoping to go to watch a game of football and enjoy the atmosphere with a load of like minded folks.

Each to thier own,

As an aside, I would be interested to know how you can support a club which has a history of Drunk & drug driving (Saido / Hughes), Quenelles (anelka), Taxi theft (the "boys') , photos of sexual acts (Hoult) burning money wiped on arses (ridgewell) Drugs (willie alledgedly, Bednar), shall i go on? ...... 

Where you draw the line of indignation and resultant action is a personal thing,
I don't like the idea of criticising others because their views don't align with my moral compass but as I say each to their own.

........  Bernt Haas thrapping himself of via an internet link up  :P  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2729 on: March 20, 2018, 02:10:27 PM »
cheers, was going to try through Polish FA, but may have to be a bit more creative than that. Here is hoping!
Agree the 1600 is pathetic especially given the location.

I’d just keep trying on Fifa mate, only way you will get them. Also get a free Fan ID if you gets ticket which counts as your Visa, if you don’t get one obviously you will have to get a normal Russian visa and not too sure how much they cost.

Flying out to Amsterdam Friday for the match, can’t wait!

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2730 on: March 21, 2018, 05:20:13 PM »

Each to thier own,

So you’re happy to go and ‘enjoy’ a so-called sporting tournament in a murderous regime that Russia is now? Russia should be shunned by all sports and I cannot understand anyone going there given the Russians complete disregard for human life. Well done, have a good time while women and children amongst many innocent civilians are bombed and gassed into oblivion.

FIFA should grow some and cancel the whole charade.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2731 on: March 21, 2018, 07:24:37 PM »
So you’re happy to go and ‘enjoy’ a so-called sporting tournament in a murderous regime that Russia is now? Russia should be shunned by all sports and I cannot understand anyone going there given the Russians complete disregard for human life. Well done, have a good time while women and children amongst many innocent civilians are bombed and gassed into oblivion.

I will have a good time thanks.

Meanwhile you are content to reside in a country which flogs armaments to the Saudi's to bomb kids and women into oblivion in Yemen. Best you leave the country an go live in Utopia.

We disagree lets leave it at that. COYB
Albion Family !!!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2732 on: March 21, 2018, 07:28:08 PM »

I will go and enjoy myself (fingers crossed), not a fan of the Russian regime at all obviously but the example you have given above could be be describing the country we live in. Not as if the UK haven’t gone and bombed countries in the last 20 years and killed thousands of innocent people. Again I’m not saying it’s right at all but bit hypocritical coming from someone from the UK

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2733 on: March 21, 2018, 09:05:19 PM »
I will go and enjoy myself (fingers crossed), not a fan of the Russian regime at all obviously but the example you have given above could be be describing the country we live in. Not as if the UK haven’t gone and bombed countries in the last 20 years and killed thousands of innocent people. Again I’m not saying it’s right at all but bit hypocritical coming from someone from the UK
I thought i had logged onto the England football team thread, obviously not.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2734 on: March 21, 2018, 09:12:56 PM »
I thought i had logged onto the England football team thread, obviously not.

Sorry mate, suppose it is way off topic  but getting slated for going to support england at the World Cup for the reasons given I just thought we’re a bit hypocritical.

Anyway on to Amsterdam Friday! As much I love Albion players playing for England I was hoping for a weekend without having to see Jake Livermore in centre midfield, albeit he has done ok for England lately i think.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2735 on: March 21, 2018, 09:25:20 PM »
Leave the politics please
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2736 on: March 21, 2018, 09:47:44 PM »
Leave the politics please

If only there was a sub forum we could discuss politics ;)

Fair play to anyone going over there, I would not take the risk especially with the limited consular access we now have due to half the embassy being kicked out.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2737 on: March 22, 2018, 11:55:02 PM »
If only there was a sub forum we could discuss politics ;)

Fair play to anyone going over there, I would not take the risk especially with the limited consular access we now have due to half the embassy being kicked out.

If only forum members behaved appropriately when we had that politics forum   ;)

Agree on your second point.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2738 on: March 24, 2018, 04:39:05 PM »
England played with promise yesterday But I think the first half and most of the game was boring. I think Our Man of the match was Our goalscorer Lingard
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2739 on: March 26, 2018, 08:38:04 AM »
Any England fans behave in Russia like they did in Amsterdam then expect the worse. your brave if you travel to Russia
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2740 on: March 26, 2018, 09:19:32 AM »
Surprised we've only had 1 reply to this thread since friday (about the match).

Thought we looked threatening on the break, carrying a lot of pace. Final ball let us down but what struck me was how poor the dutch were! Possibly the worst team in a generation

He/him

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2741 on: March 26, 2018, 11:59:13 AM »
Final ball let us down AGAIN

One of Sterlings best performances but he isnt and never will be a world class player...

front 3 of Kane, Rashford and Sterling will be scary for a lot of nations though, pace and goal threats

We need a creative player in the middle, Wilshere if he could stay fit or Drinkwater with his passing range would be good but neither look likely to play significant games for England.

Lingard did well last night, thought England played ok myself

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2742 on: March 26, 2018, 12:51:48 PM »
I didn't feel there was much to comment on, really.

That has to be the worst Dutch team I have ever seen. I will wait until we face a challenge before judging where we are at.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2743 on: March 26, 2018, 01:04:54 PM »
Thought we did well against a very poor Dutch side.  The worst Dutch side I can recall to be honest.

Thought the 3-5-2 worked really well and I would favour that in the tournament however I don't think Walker should be in the back 3.  I understand he brings pace to the defence but you are sacrificing a superb player going forward and one of our main threats.

Thought the midfield had a decent balance as well with Henderson holding.  Lingard was motm imo.

All in all a good performance but there will be much tougher tests against much better sides than this Holland team which I am not surprised hasn't qualified for the WC.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2744 on: March 26, 2018, 01:10:57 PM »
Thought the idea of Walker could have been good if Walker overlapped Trippier. It's rare to get overlaps in a 3-5-2 so it could have offered us an overload opportunity. However we only it once or twice.

He/him

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2745 on: March 27, 2018, 01:36:39 PM »
I didn't feel there was much to comment on, really.

That has to be the worst Dutch team I have ever seen. I will wait until we face a challenge before judging where we are at.

The worst Dutch side ever just beat the European champions 3-0 in their own backyard.

Makes our result more impressive.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2746 on: March 27, 2018, 02:17:09 PM »
I watched them in their qualifies this is the worst Holand team I have ever seen by a long long way.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2747 on: March 27, 2018, 02:56:24 PM »
I'd like to see us against a team who is good at holding onto possession and the game is at a slower pace - Italy!

No team progresses too far in the WC without one or two of
Great Keeper
Great Defence
Midfielders who can keep possession
A goalscorer(s) who can make something out of nothing in a tight spot

By my reckoning, we have one (goalscorer) so I'd be happy with quarters this WC! I do think 352 suits us better though as it helps us to keep the ball and not bomb forward losing it and being exposed and high up the pitch which just doesn't suit English teams over the years (2010 v Germany springs to mind and Gareth Barry - shudder)?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2748 on: March 27, 2018, 03:13:45 PM »
I'd like to see us against a team who is good at holding onto possession and the game is at a slower pace - Italy!

No team progresses too far in the WC without one or two of
Great Keeper
Great Defence
Midfielders who can keep possession
A goalscorer(s) who can make something out of nothing in a tight spot

By my reckoning, we have one (goalscorer) so I'd be happy with quarters this WC! I do think 352 suits us better though as it helps us to keep the ball and not bomb forward losing it and being exposed and high up the pitch which just doesn't suit English teams over the years (2010 v Germany springs to mind and Gareth Barry - shudder)?
8 years on from that debacle and he still earns a living in the English premier league, what does that tell you about "the best league in the world"
Albion Family !!!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager