Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 786761 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #1500 on: June 13, 2016, 09:17:05 AM »
we are arrogant, i fully expect us to win this game

I think the occasion will make it a little harder for us, and the fact that Wales have won their opening game means they dont 'have' to win this game, were as its a more important game for us.

That being said, I think the fact the game will have a more 'premier league' feel to it will work in our favour.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1501 on: June 13, 2016, 09:20:59 AM »
That draw came down to a loss in concentration at the end for me. There was a horrible sense of inevitability about that late equaliser. Earlier in the match, we lacked that killer touch which the successful teams have e.g. Germany last night. We definitely have quality in the squad this time.

I hope Roy keeps his head. There wasn't a lot wrong that performance other than the need to finish off chances (it would be worse not creating as the old chesnut goes).

In my view, the players just need (mental) support and to focus/ concentrate for 90mins and we have the makings of a bloody good team.   Sterling was lacking and should have arguably been the only sub although I though Wilshere did well.

Next match I would go for this team;

Hart,
Walker  Cahill    Smalling     Rose

Dier   Rooney         

Lallana               Alli        Wilshere

Kane

Vardy, Sturridge and/ or Sterling as impact subs

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1502 on: June 13, 2016, 09:30:53 AM »
A lot of it was Hodgson (who I very much like) I think really - it'll be a crime if he's still in charge come August.

This is a team with a potentially very good attack but weak elsewhere, Hodgson is not the man to be coaching a team like that and it showed yesterday. England should have had that game killed off long before injury time but negativity cost us as it has done repeatedly. You might concede staying just as attacking, but i've never been convinced you concede anymore than sitting back and trying to absorb pressure (particularly with a weak defence).

England took 5 strikers to the tournament yet Kane stayed on as a lone forward the entire game despite being comfortably the worst player in the team. That is why England will not get anywhere under Hodgson.

Couple those 5 strikers (its actually 4 strikers as Rooney is going to be playing midfield) with about 4 players you would deem as a No.10 and yet only 1 winger (Sterling is a rubbish one at that an not even the best winger in England) and there you have the problem

They should have taken Townsend and Jagielka\Drinkwater it would have balanced the side.

Hodgson has lied about being faithful to players...he never even took Jagileka and hasnt exactly stayed faithful to Townsend either

Yes we played well but im so angry at giving it away, it makes the Wales game a must win for us and so the pressure is on us to get a result not Wales
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1503 on: June 13, 2016, 09:38:10 AM »
-------------------- Hennessey --------------------------

-----------Chester - Williams - Davies

Gunter ----------------------------------- Taylor

------------------ Allen - Ledley -----------------

------------ Williams - Bale - Ramsey ---------------

Fully expect the Welsh team to line up like this providing Hennessey's back spasms are finished with. The most forward three will all have free roles like they did against Slovakia with the onus on Ramsey and Williams to support the two defensive midfielders.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1504 on: June 13, 2016, 12:56:21 PM »
I have a bad feeling we'll lose to Wales, and then need something from Slovakia (which I think we'd get tbh) to get through. I think they'll fancy it more than we will.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1505 on: June 13, 2016, 01:19:15 PM »
I have a bad feeling we'll lose to Wales, and then need something from Slovakia (which I think we'd get tbh) to get through. I think they'll fancy it more than we will.

God help Roy if we do
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1506 on: June 13, 2016, 01:46:15 PM »

God help Roy if we do

If we lose to Wales he is toast
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1507 on: June 13, 2016, 02:29:56 PM »
You will all be pleased to know I have laid England on Betfair to win the tournament.

You can now reasonably expect Rooney to lift the trophy.  8)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1508 on: June 13, 2016, 02:39:56 PM »
You will all be pleased to know I have laid England on Betfair to win the tournament.

You can now reasonably expect Rooney to lift the trophy.  8)

Wish it was still Robson or Beckham with the armband
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1509 on: June 13, 2016, 02:41:26 PM »
Wish it was still Robson or Beckham with the armband

We made him what he was. Awesome midfielder, captain marvel.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1510 on: June 13, 2016, 02:42:19 PM »

Especially after what happened in Brazil his job would surely be untenable.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1511 on: June 13, 2016, 03:05:21 PM »
Anyone going to the world cup finals in Russia :o. there is no way having seen some sickeing sceens over the last few days will i be going to any of the remaining games in france

My bet is its going to kick off on wed and thursday

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1512 on: June 13, 2016, 03:47:24 PM »

Not necessarily, 3 points is likely to be enough to see you through this year providing you have a decent enough GD. England will finish 3rd in the group and end up in the Semi's I expect!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1513 on: June 13, 2016, 03:54:22 PM »
We'll still win this group, and lose to someone like Italy in the quarter's, Bale aside Russia are the next strongest team in the group.

Saturday was so disappointing because it was so predictable, and Roy's errors were glaring ones.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1514 on: June 13, 2016, 05:17:58 PM »
From BBC sport 'The England team that started against Russia was the first time Hodgson had used those 11 players together.' says it all really!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1515 on: June 13, 2016, 05:38:58 PM »
We are getting a lot of unfair critism in my opinion.  Besides a couple of subs that didnt happen/early enough.  We played very well apart from the end product.  A lot of our shots were right down the keepers throat.  A couple of feet either side and we could have been 2-3 up at half time.

If my auntie had nuts, she'd be my uncle!

We are going to unload on the Welsh.  It will all be fine.  We'll have 4 points and be top of the group on Thursday night.

I would only make one change, swap Sterling for maybe Milner and see where we are after 60 mins. Vardy deserves to get some game time as well.
Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1516 on: June 13, 2016, 05:42:53 PM »
We are getting a lot of unfair critism in my opinion.  Besides a couple of subs that didnt happen/early enough.  We played very well apart from the end product.  A lot of our shots were right down the keepers throat.  A couple of feet either side and we could have been 2-3 up at half time.

If my auntie had nuts, she'd be my uncle!

We are going to unload on the Welsh.  It will all be fine.  We'll have 4 points and be top of the group on Thursday night.

I would only make one change, swap Sterling for maybe Milner and see where we are after 60 mins. Vardy deserves to get some game time as well.

Sterling and Lallana did what they always do for their clubs, get into decent positions look neat and tidy then have no actual impact on goals and assists. Crazy to have both in the attacking roles while Rooney and Alli are stuck in midfield and Sturridge, Vardy and Rashford are sat on the bench.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1517 on: June 13, 2016, 11:44:55 PM »
Looks like Sterling is in line to keep his place on Thursday. Sure Roy will come under big criticism if he does but I think it's the right call myself. In that 433 without Welbeck being fit we don't have anyone who is an obvious alternative to play out wide on the left. Sterling makes some poor decisions with a final ball but he takes up decent positions and is happy to come inside, come short and take players on, something we will need against a deep 5 man Wales defence looking to keep us out.

Sure there will be much call for Vardy to play instead but I really don't think he'd be the right call. He had a terrific season but his main threat is using his pace to run in behind. Wales won't be stupid enough to leave any so I just worry he will be a bit lost and chase shadows all day. I'm not sure he has the desire or technical ability to come on from a wide area, get involved in the link up play and rotate with Alli, Lallana, etc in a game where we are likely to dominate the ball. If he does play I hope he proves me wrong but I just worry Roy will try to fit him in to appease fans, even though the position isn't right for him the game doesn't suit him and it messes the team up. For me that's worse than not playing him.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1518 on: June 14, 2016, 07:08:39 AM »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1519 on: June 14, 2016, 08:03:10 AM »

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1520 on: June 14, 2016, 08:19:17 AM »
http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-single-most-sickening-act-by-an-england-fan-as-he-punches-an-innocent-old-man/66203

Won't be long before this hits mainstream news

Where is the evidence that he is an England fan? He's not wearing colours?
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

nick_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1521 on: June 14, 2016, 09:06:25 AM »
Where is the evidence that he is an England fan? He's not wearing colours?

Saw that vid on Saturday. I instantly thought he was Russian to be honest, from the grainy picture he even looks like the Russian manager. Think their intention was to run around and punch as many English or ethnic minority people as they could.

Not a chance he was English for me.

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1522 on: June 14, 2016, 09:11:09 AM »
That guy cant be dressed less english if he tried, He looks so Russian its untrue, How about the england fan on crutches who get hit down the stairs with a wooden chair
Oh Nottm Oh Nottm is full of fun is full of fun

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1523 on: June 14, 2016, 09:33:48 AM »
Saw that vid on Saturday. I instantly thought he was Russian to be honest, from the grainy picture he even looks like the Russian manager. Think their intention was to run around and punch as many English or ethnic minority people as they could.

Not a chance he was English for me.
But we will get the blame as usual.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1524 on: June 14, 2016, 09:33:57 AM »
im afraid we are tarnished folks, whatever  the clothing or situation