Author Topic: WBA - Tyler Roberts sold to Leeds  (Read 26890 times)

KYA

• WBA Coach

WBA - Tyler Roberts sold to Leeds
« on: January 15, 2018, 03:17:50 PM »
According to reports Tyler Roberts could be on the way to Rangers in Scotland, we could regret not getting this kid signed up to a long deal.

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: WBA - Tyler Roberts
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 03:30:22 PM »
According to reports Tyler Roberts could be on the way to Rangers in Scotland, we could regret not getting this kid signed up to a long deal.

Seems rather bizarre when we are so short of goalscoring forwards.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 03:42:51 PM »
Seems rather bizarre when we are so short of goalscoring forwards.
I doubt he's ready yet for the Premier but  he as potential,   his contract is up the end of the season so the club had little choice, the mistake was made in not giving him a new contract earlier.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 03:48:27 PM »
Few rumours rangers are fooked financially again...

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 03:56:27 PM »
Just sign Robert's and tell him he will play. Play and see how he does. Whats the odds?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 04:14:18 PM »
what's the point having an academy that costs millions each year to run?
he might not be ready now but surely we should be tying the promising youngster to contracts.
read the Regis tributes as a certain Mr Shearer talks about his trial aged 13, he was deemed not good enough.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 04:18:20 PM »
I doubt he's ready yet for the Premier but  he as potential,   his contract is up the end of the season so the club had little choice, the mistake was made in not giving him a new contract earlier.
And people then moan that we can't afford to compete with other clubs for the 25-30 million strikers, when if we just invested in the right young players, we wouldn't need to.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 04:59:53 PM »
And people then moan that we can't afford to compete with other clubs for the 25-30 million strikers, when if we just invested in the right young players, we wouldn't need to.

This is a bit of a double edged sword really. We had Izzy Brown in our Academy and 'moneybags' Chelsea decided they wanted him, and that was it. I remember Simon Jordan really complaining about another 'big club' coming in and luring one of their promising Academy players away for peanuts [the name of the player escapes me]. Regardless of what you think about Jordan, he had a point, and CP do have a good academy set up.

Personally I cannot help but think that some big clubs allow the likes of smaller teams like ourselves, Palace etc to do all the hard work and investment, and when they see someone they like they just come in with a ludicrous offer and turn the lads head at the same time. An insidious side to the business I'm afraid. 
MAGA!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 05:07:41 PM »
what's the point having an academy that costs millions each year to run?
he might not be ready now but surely we should be tying the promising youngster to contracts.
read the Regis tributes as a certain Mr Shearer talks about his trial aged 13, he was deemed not good enough.

Trialled with us as a goalkeeper I believe, how were the club to know? Roberts is all potential, last time we had this outpouring it was for Nabi. Peterborough are now actively trying to get rid after only a handful of games in 2 seasons.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 05:24:07 PM »

Trialled with us as a goalkeeper I believe, how were the club to know? Roberts is all potential, last time we had this outpouring it was for Nabi. Peterborough are now actively trying to get rid after only a handful of games in 2 seasons.
I would think most players are all potential at Roberts age, if we don't nurture that potential i don't see the point in running an academy that costs £2m+ a year.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 05:35:53 PM »

If we don't try and develop our own talent we will get forced into playing by the same rules as the 'moneybags' clubs, where if latest transfers are anything to go by, the sky's the limit.
Slightly unrelated, as the article was directed towards Bundesliga clubs, but I saw a piece in Germany's main tabloid, where it said, "we have to develop our own Coutinho's". This was shortly after his move to Barcelona for £150 million.   

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 05:37:17 PM »
I do believe he is refusing to sign a new contract and according to twitter (pinch of salt) wants 25k a week. Absolute joker if true

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 05:45:51 PM »
I do believe he is refusing to sign a new contract and according to twitter (pinch of salt) wants 25k a week. Absolute joker if true
i was always lead to believe he’s a really level headed kid but IF that’s true I’d let him go.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 05:53:05 PM »
Don’t see what all the fuss is about. We’ve had promising young players before and let them go. Rarely do they prove us wrong, with the exception maybe of Chris wood, we got promoted just a tad too early for him in my opinion and he’s proven he needed longer in the chamoionship. I remember a while ago having these same discussions about Kemar Roofe, the way I look at it is if we were actively trying to sign Roberts from Walsall would I be excited at the prospect of him making the step up. It’s an emphatic No from me so I see no harm in him leaving.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 05:55:15 PM »
He has no doubt got an agent and the agent will know if it's fact that 2 or 3 clubs have had interest in him. It's the way of the world unfortunately.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 06:04:45 PM »
I know one of his best mates and I know he believes he should be getting an offer of at least 15k a week, we seem a bit reluctant to just throw that money to him, can see him leaving to be honest.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 06:13:22 PM »
As with berahino, sign a contract, score goals, get the big contract he deserves. Youth players want money for nothing these days.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 06:34:34 PM »
What’s he done to deserve 15k a week if that is true??

Lad needs to worry about his game before asking for big bucks
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 07:30:17 PM »
If he was going to be that good, we would have him signed.

No need to fret about this one IMO

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 07:55:38 PM »
cant see why all the hype over roberts or leko both cant get games for lower league teams and neither showed anything to suggest otherwise..nothing special about our academy alot seem to think otherwise

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 09:07:47 PM »
Lives in the same street as me.... don't believe all the twatter rubbish folks... every 'report' of him expecting X amount of money is complete bull.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 09:36:56 PM »
Lives in the same street as me.... don't believe all the twatter rubbish folks... every 'report' of him expecting X amount of money is complete bull.

Not another one  ;)
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 09:50:47 PM »

What's the true story then?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 09:57:50 PM »

Not a lot the club can do if he doesn't want to sign one.

From the reports I've read and the little I've seen of him, I'd like him to stay and fulfill his potential with us.

At this stage of his career there's only one person who'll be deciding on that though...........
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2018, 11:56:13 AM »

Not another one  ;)

facts... not like all your theories that seem to be wrong 100% of the time  ;)