Author Topic: 31 Dec 2017 Albion 1 Arsenal 1  (Read 48484 times)

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2017, 09:05:08 PM »
Any one of Rodriguez, Burke, or Phillips through the middle. Can't do much worse than Rondon

None have that physical presence though, Rondon hasn't been banging them in but he's played well under Pardew. And after watching HRK and Rodriguez this season, it appears you can do a lot worse than Rondon.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2017, 09:29:45 PM »
None have that physical presence though, Rondon hasn't been banging them in but he's played well under Pardew. And after watching HRK and Rodriguez this season, it appears you can do a lot worse than Rondon.
HRK,Andy Carroll and Glenn Murray all have a "physical presence"
defoe, messi and insigne are all slight

Which group would you choose?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2017, 09:45:59 PM »

Glenn Murray has five goals this season  ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2017, 03:16:06 AM »

What a completely irrelevant point. None of those players will be replacing the injured Rondon, bar possibly HRK who you've put in your 'sh*t' group. My point was that we'll struggle without Rondon's presence on Sunday, not whether Messi is better than Glenn Murray  ???

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2017, 09:45:41 AM »
Any one of Rodriguez, Burke, or Phillips through the middle. Can't do much worse than Rondon

We've paid big bucks for the kid, if he's fit I'd play Burke.
Lets see what he can do.
Its a free hit for us and him.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2017, 12:15:33 PM »
Arsenal are incredibly shaky at the back and they seem to hate coming to the Hawthorns. If we take the game to them and it's played with a bit of bite, I wouldn't have thought Arsenal would fancy it too much. Can see 3 points here to turn the season around!

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2017, 01:03:44 PM »
I can see a thumping, but would hope for a win, or a miracle, whichever you want to call it  :D
He's a lad from the Wrenna

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2017, 06:15:55 PM »
What a completely irrelevant point. None of those players will be replacing the injured Rondon, bar possibly HRK who you've put in your 'sh*t' group. My point was that we'll struggle without Rondon's presence on Sunday, not whether Messi is better than Glenn Murray  ???
How is it irrelevant, the point I was answering was about players having a physical presence
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2017, 06:45:27 PM »
I fancied our chances too,until I saw them last night.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2017, 06:39:38 PM »
Really need to turn up tomorrow and give it a real go, whilst keeping it tight at the back and not conceding any silly goals. Need to make the most of set pieces as Arsenal always look shaky from them and aren't a particularly big team. Think we'll see a line up something like this:

Foster

Dawson
Hegazi
Evans
Gibbs

Yacob
Greg

Phillips
J-Rod
Brunt

Rondon

That's presuming Rondon is fit. J-Rod needs to show something in the number 10 role and we need to load the box when we break and get decent balls into the box from Brunt and Phillips. With both of them on the pitch we should really be looking to take advantage of corners and freekicks as well.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 07:37:16 PM »
Really need to turn up tomorrow and give it a real go, whilst keeping it tight at the back and not conceding any silly goals. Need to make the most of set pieces as Arsenal always look shaky from them and aren't a particularly big team. Think we'll see a line up something like this:

Foster

Dawson
Hegazi
Evans
Gibbs

Yacob
Greg

Phillips
J-Rod
Brunt

Rondon

That's presuming Rondon is fit. J-Rod needs to show something in the number 10 role and we need to load the box when we break and get decent balls into the box from Brunt and Phillips. With both of them on the pitch we should really be looking to take advantage of corners and freekicks as well.

Think Pardew said that Rondon was out for two games?

Also, in reference to your first line, isn't that the tactic in matches? Try to score and try to not concede  ;D

He/him

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2017, 07:54:13 PM »

Foster

Dawson
Hegazi
Evans
Gibbs

Yacob
Greg

Phillips
J-Rod
Brunt

Rondon

I'd love that lineup but I don't think Rondon will be fit. Also I'm almost certain that Livermore and at least one of the two Sunday league players will start.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2017, 10:05:08 PM »
Think Pardew said that Rondon was out for two games?

Also, in reference to your first line, isn't that the tactic in matches? Try to score and try to not concede  ;D

Obviously  :P. My point was more to not give anything away cheaply like we have been doing. They've obviously got better players but lets not make it easy for them.

I'd love that lineup but I don't think Rondon will be fit. Also I'm almost certain that Livermore and at least one of the two Sunday league players will start.

Didn't realise Rondon was out which is a shame. Imagine it'll be HRK up top with J-Rod in behind then. I too think he'll go with Livermore honestly, probably in place of Greg.

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »
I think we get a draw here which will be ok I guess.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2017, 11:32:07 PM »
Is there an issue here with having to play West Ham 2 days later ...when West Ham have had 5 days break ?

Do we rest some players who have just come back - Dawson and especially given his injury record Phillips ? I would rest Phillips for this as 3 games in 8 days after a hamstring layoff could be asking for trouble.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2017, 12:00:28 AM »
Is there an issue here with having to play West Ham 2 days later ...when West Ham have had 5 days break ?

Do we rest some players who have just come back - Dawson and especially given his injury record Phillips ? I would rest Phillips for this as 3 games in 8 days after a hamstring layoff could be asking for trouble.

To be fair we've had 2 extra days rest than arsenal for the game tomorrow as well. West ham also play 2 days after playing us, whereas we've got a 10 day break before our next league game. Everyone is in the same boat

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2017, 05:39:06 AM »
This game will be at 3.30am Sydney time. Unless I’m having a big New Years I’ll give the live feed a miss and get the result in the morning.

Can’t see where our goals are going to come from.

0-2 Arsenal

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2017, 06:34:45 AM »
Let's get 3 points at home to end 2017. 8)
The PRIDE of midlands

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2017, 09:09:01 AM »
Ive written this one off..draw at best..save everything for the West Ham match..0-2..
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 09:10:32 AM by gavinrussell »

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2017, 09:59:28 AM »
While Arsenal look dangerous going forward they have let five in during their last two games , been playing three at the back too.
Fancy us for at least two shots  :D

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

HamsteadHarry

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2017, 10:15:31 AM »
I think this will be a draw.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2017, 11:49:33 AM »
I would take a point with the players we've got out.just hang in there until we can sort the team out.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2017, 11:51:07 AM »
Can't see anything other than an Arsenal procession. Probably helped along by Sanchez going to ground every 30 seconds and a coward!y ref falling for it every time whilst waving our lot to get up after being pole axed.
Sorry but nothing going our way at present so can't find anything positive.
If I see Field and Burke in the line up it may change but not going to happen.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2017, 12:29:14 PM »
If i was pardew put a copy of the table in the dressing room and say right lads you got us in this mess so lets see you man up and get us out of it and show pulis what you can do . Win it

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2017, 12:38:58 PM »
We've got to go and press them, take the game to them. Exploit the wide areas and get balls in the box.