Author Topic: 18 Nov 2017 Albion 0 Chelsea 4  (Read 60520 times)

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Armed police at half time
« Reply #350 on: November 18, 2017, 10:55:46 PM »
I've read on Twitter that someone who's had a season ticket for 10 years unfurled a "Pulis Out" banner today, but was threatened by stewards with being thrown out if he didn't put the banner away. This and the above photo are probably related!  :-X

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #351 on: November 18, 2017, 11:33:00 PM »
Let's hope we've not been giving them shooting training

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #352 on: November 18, 2017, 11:48:46 PM »
It's only a matter of time before a terrorist attack happens at a football ground, but we needn't worry they only target places with large crowds.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #353 on: November 19, 2017, 12:08:36 AM »
 Yes it is Chelsea and they had a pumped up Hazzard who on that form is one of the best players in the Europe . However the manner of the defeat was abysmal, Pulis trotted out the same line up which has failed to work in any of the games he has tried it before and it failed again.

I thought Pulis would survive anything but an absolute shoeing and that was an absolute shoeing. There has to be a real question mark as to whether he makes it to the Spurs game as our Head Coach. The atmosphere was sullen and down beat without being toxic, fans still want to get behind the team in spite of the manager.

If he is still here against Newcastle I fear that game will be played in a seriously toxic atmosphere
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #354 on: November 19, 2017, 06:11:11 AM »
I've read on Twitter that someone who's had a season ticket for 10 years unfurled a "Pulis Out" banner today, but was threatened by stewards with being thrown out if he didn't put the banner away. This and the above photo are probably related!  :-X
Ridiculous comment
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #355 on: November 19, 2017, 07:08:50 AM »
Let's hope we've not been giving them shooting training

Good one. 😂😂😂😂

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #356 on: November 19, 2017, 07:16:07 AM »
Bet they had as many shots as Rondon  ;D

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #357 on: November 19, 2017, 07:18:40 AM »
Very strange atmosphere yesterday - almost a non-atmosphere !

Seemed like we were a beat bunch, resigned to defeat despite a bright opening. So many fans just seemed to be there out of loyalty but showed no enthusiasm or particular anger towards Pulis - the life has been sucked out of the place and that makes very sad to watch our Club in such a state. Left with around twenty minutes to go, relieved to get out of the place though irritated that we didn't, en mass, make our feeling known enough to the Board on such an ideal occasion.
Considering how toxic it was at Huddersfield, I thought the fans would be up for this one to show their anger and concern at the 'big picture'..........
Actually most fans seemed zombified (I know, no such word ?) - a result of Puils ball or Premier League/no hope fatigue ?

Over to the away fans again next week then IF HE'S STILL HERE !!! 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:20:21 AM by AlbionBest »
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #358 on: November 19, 2017, 07:20:59 AM »

Seemed like we were a beat bunch, resigned to defeat despite a bright opening. So many fans just seemed to be there out of loyalty but showed no enthusiasm or particular anger towards Pulis - the life has been sucked out of the place and that makes very sad to watch our Club in such a state. Left with around twenty minutes to go, relieved to get out of the place though irritated that we didn't, en mass, make our feeling known enough to the Board on such an ideal occasion.
Considering how toxic it was at Huddersfield, I thought the fans would be up for this one to show their anger and concern at the 'big picture'..........
Actually most fans seemed zombified (I know, no such word ?) - a result of Puils ball or Premier League/no hope fatigue ?

Over to the away fans again next week then IF HE'S STILL HERE !!!

Sometimes you don't have to shout to be heard
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #359 on: November 19, 2017, 07:25:37 AM »
Aided and abetted by the vast swathes of empty seats very visible from the Smethwick
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #360 on: November 19, 2017, 07:54:17 AM »
Some harsh criticism over Phillips playing as wing back. If we are playing that formation we have to have attacking threat from the wing backs - Nyom doesn't give us enough.
This is all the more essential given our absence of a proper AM with a bit of pace to drive forward.
Our bright start yesterday was a lot to do with Phillips.

As in the Man City game it was clear again yesterday just how hard the top teams work in the limited time they don't have the ball. They are at such a high level and with individual talent that is off our scale, that when they are 'at it' it's very hard to get much joy against them. Whoever manages us we have to be as 'at it' against the teams who are nearer our own level.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #361 on: November 19, 2017, 08:42:02 AM »

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #362 on: November 19, 2017, 09:25:35 AM »
It was strangely quiet yesterday.
I was waiting for the massed boos when the third went in... but nothing  - hardly a sound from our supporters.
We have clearly reached Stage 5.

The five stages of grief are: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #363 on: November 19, 2017, 09:40:58 AM »
I've read on Twitter that someone who's had a season ticket for 10 years unfurled a "Pulis Out" banner today

ISIS are already claiming responsibility.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #364 on: November 19, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »
Why is this still on here? NO I AM NOT YOU YOU CHEEKY T!!T if this stays then i keep replying disgusting

Think someone may still be a tad drunk...  ;D

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #365 on: November 19, 2017, 10:04:46 AM »
It was strangely quiet yesterday.
I was waiting for the massed boos when the third went in... but nothing  - hardly a sound from our supporters.
We have clearly reached Stage 5.

The five stages of grief are: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance

Certainly not many happy faces pre, during or post match up there !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #366 on: November 19, 2017, 10:07:36 AM »
Think I agree. I'm not sure if people were expecting a win here?

Chelsea are better than us. They put their chances away and beat us. Simple. For what it's worth we actually played well for most of the first half.

People calling for his head after a loss to Chelsea need to calm down a bit.

You obviously don't get it or your on a wind up ?
Yesterday was not about the Chelsea game, it's the bigger picture which is so shocking though the abject disgraceful performance after the goal went in can never be excused.
#PULIS OUT

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #367 on: November 19, 2017, 10:09:32 AM »
Why is this still on here? NO I AM NOT YOU YOU CHEEKY T!!T if this stays then i keep replying disgusting

Splendid reply.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #368 on: November 19, 2017, 10:27:47 AM »
Well things have got to be bad!  it went off in the disabled section, just verbal  but very, very heated discussions  in the East Stand. Stewards in between the fans.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:29:56 AM by kc56wba »
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #369 on: November 19, 2017, 10:55:23 AM »
Well things have got to be bad!  it went off in the disabled section, just verbal  but very, very heated discussions  in the East Stand. Stewards in between the fans.

Like to know why people are defending the current situation/Pulis so much ??

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #370 on: November 19, 2017, 11:07:48 AM »
Like to know why people are defending the current situation/Pulis so much ??

After the third goal went in some people were blaming players, some blaming Pulis, then even some blaming Megson, and then the arguments started.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #371 on: November 19, 2017, 11:09:16 AM »
After the third goal went in some people were blaming players, some blaming Pulis, then even some blaming Megson, and then the arguments started.

Rather the arguments raged as at least people still care.
On 77 minutes when we left, it was like a morgue and plenty had already gone.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #372 on: November 19, 2017, 01:47:25 PM »
Bet they had as many shots as Rondon  ;D
not if pulis was chief inspector ;)

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #373 on: November 19, 2017, 02:45:19 PM »
If Pulis and Megson go who comes in? Can whoever it may be turn the present bunch of players back into the footballers they once were and who we have seen only too briefly. Chadli, very good CM, Had an injury, but has been consistently pretty poor after the first few games when he was busting his guts to get up the field and support Rondon as often as possible. Both then got goals. Evans looked a steal when he got here and was playing well until his last injury, and the interest from City et.al. Is he now on the way down? He has not looked anything like the defender we signed. GMac is not getting any younger and still reads the game well but have his legs finally gone? Hegazi is a decent CB, not the fastest but generally sound and calm with a decent passing range if allowed to use it.Barry did ok for the first few games and although I did not want him here I was starting to change my mind but back to square one now, not quick enough anymore, but could still be a decent option in the right position with the rght support. How will they utilise our primarily creative players  Brunt, Jrod, Burk, Maclean and Philips, each (with the exception of Burk who we have seen virtually nothing of) have had good spells in quite a few games but have not been used consistently in their best positions and allowed to play their natural game, or to their strengths. Jacob has been and for me still is our best DM either on his own lying deep or paired with A .N. Other. Maybe GK.  Will he get some more games? It is also becoming plain that for all his apparent inabilities Dawson is missed in this team, but where should he be played? None of the present squad are anywhere near as bad as many on this site paint them, but we all have our favourites, and ones we love to hate. The real issue is where is there a manager who can get the best out of this lot by introducing a structure which lets them play to their strengths within a more attractive system, and still gets enough points to stay out of trouble every season. I have not mentioned any of the youngsters doing well on loan  - maybe , just maybe there is one there who can come in and be a breath of fresh air. Nor have I mentioned Livermore.  This is because I feel that there is a decent player in there given confidence, but he is at present not doing well and in the existing vitriolic to apathetic atmosphere surrounding this site, is getting far more cricism than he deserves He probably should not make the team as a starting option, but I will not yet write him off completely. Foster is Ok but how much longer will Myhill be a good alternative?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #374 on: November 23, 2017, 11:45:23 AM »
A few years ago, we played Chelsea and their manager was sacked.
They have returned the compliment.
Thank you !