Author Topic: 18 Mar 2017 Albion 3 Arsenal 1  (Read 35762 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
Just on the Stoke Oatcake site and they had a thread just for our game on Saturday!

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/266470/west-brom-arsenal

Did we have a thread for their game? Er No........they really do have issues!!!!

A little bit of respect for TP but on the whole, just pure hatred!!!!

Having said all of that, I think a lot of them would have him back tomorrow.

I was at the game on Saturday, loved every second. Arsenal even now are no mugs and so the result was well deserved. Shearer gave us huge credit on MOTD and rightly so. It took me a while to work out Ramsey and co were playing. I was impressed with Bellerin, more for his pace really, but on the whole an excellent result - thank you TP. 
MAGA!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2017, 10:03:17 AM »
Stoke are truly quite sad when you think about it. I heard their chairman bleating the other day about catching us. Little old West Brazil Albion, they are seriously obsessed, I worry for them.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2017, 11:03:37 AM »
In fairness to a side like Stoke surely that should be their target now, just like us they will be desperate to try and finish the best of the rest. I suppose it helps when there's that little extra spice to it given the Berahino situation and lets face it Stoke fans have seemed desperate to create a real rivalry with someone for years.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2017, 10:34:51 PM »
Just on the Stoke Oatcake site and they had a thread just for our game on Saturday!

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/266470/west-brom-arsenal

Did we have a thread for their game? Er No........they really do have issues!!!!

A little bit of respect for TP but on the whole, just pure hatred!!!!

Having said all of that, I think a lot of them would have him back tomorrow.

I was at the game on Saturday, loved every second. Arsenal even now are no mugs and so the result was well deserved. Shearer gave us huge credit on MOTD and rightly so. It took me a while to work out Ramsey and co were playing. I was impressed with Bellerin, more for his pace really, but on the whole an excellent result - thank you TP.

Are they obsessed with us, they watched the whole game. I don't think any of us would watch Stoke live, I couldn't even watch their "highlights" on Motd. And also that dud we sold them is rattling up the scoring charts! Not.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2017, 12:11:27 PM »
In fairness to a side like Stoke surely that should be their target now, just like us they will be desperate to try and finish the best of the rest. I suppose it helps when there's that little extra spice to it given the Berahino situation and lets face it Stoke fans have seemed desperate to create a real rivalry with someone for years.

Oh most definitely it will be their target as they, like us, have no chance at 7th with the way Everton are going, but it is the continued rhetoric coming out of the place about us since we played them. It is constant.

Had a quick look on the Oatcake forum for the first time just as I keep hearing it mentioned. There is a Berahino thread and the Stoke fans are slating him which I found amusing  ;D

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2017, 01:56:34 PM »
Whats more amusing is the oatcake think we cant possibly be enjoying the football

Im not enjoying Stokes football that can be said for sure, boring hell

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2017, 05:10:24 PM »
Whats more amusing is the oatcake think we cant possibly be enjoying the football

Im not enjoying Stokes football that can be said for sure, boring hell

Agreed, and he is also a painfully dour and miserable bar steward is old 'Sparky'.

lickey baggies

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »
I say F**k em
There's one post on there going on about our empty seats ! For a three town amalgamated dog hole which is Stoke don't exactly capture the crowds does it . I'm glad we sold them fatty and he's  doing us proud . Hate the clay heads more than the dog heads .

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2017, 05:39:48 PM »
The discussions on here about liking/disliking Pulis are very tame compared to the Oatcake where there's real venom between posters. ;D

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2017, 06:00:49 PM »
And given the rubbish they are enduring at the moment, and our new found success under him, I think many Stokies would have him back tomorrow.........
MAGA!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2017, 09:13:14 PM »
And given the rubbish they are enduring at the moment, and our new found success under him, I think many Stokies would have him back tomorrow.........

Thats because he is a much better manager than Mark Hughes

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2017, 09:22:59 PM »

I think you'd would be surprised.

Apart from his greatest fan, who frequents these forums from time to time, there would be no great rush to welcome him back.

If I have the option of paying to watch Shaquiri every week, or James McClean, I know which one I would opt for.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2017, 09:38:23 PM »

Apart from his greatest fan, who frequents these forums from time to time, there would be no great rush to welcome him back.

If I have the option of paying to watch Shaquiri every week, or James McClean, I know which one I would opt for.
Oh you mean the Shaquiri who plays about as often as Sick Vic ?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2017, 09:41:31 PM »
would rather watch Rondon and Chadli than Crouch and Walters.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2017, 09:51:27 PM »

But you do have the option.

Whether you choose to exercise that option is up to you of course.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2017, 09:53:21 PM »

Pathetic.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2017, 09:53:40 PM »

Seems as Shaquiri doesnt play and when he does has 1 good game in 3 or 4 and is anonymous in the other games id rather see a player who can play every week and puts everything into his game every game

Shaquiri is a cracking player on form but he dont have much form and never seems to play

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2017, 09:59:12 PM »

I'd sooner watch Brunt, McClean , Chadli or Phillips any time over what Stoke have to offer.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2017, 10:00:26 PM »
I'd sooner watch Brunt, McClean , Chadli or Phillips any time over what Stoke have to offer.

Agreed were a better side technically and results wise.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #194 on: March 22, 2017, 10:02:14 AM »
The proof is in the pudding, and sadly there is no longer any pudding available in Stoke with Saido around.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #195 on: March 22, 2017, 03:31:03 PM »
I rate Arnautovic, Bojan is also quality but hasn't he been injured long term?   Butland also but again long term injury.

them excepted not too much quality at Sjokesville IMO
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #196 on: March 22, 2017, 03:32:54 PM »
I rate Arnautovic, Bojan is also quality but hasn't he been injured long term?   Butland also but again long term injury.

them excepted not too much quality at Sjokesville IMO

Bojan plays in Germany now

but I believe he is injured again