Author Topic: 1 Apr 2017 Manchester United 0 Albion 0  (Read 50397 times)

Legend

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2017, 10:16:26 AM »
Having a go would have played into United's hands especially with the pace of Martial and Rashford with the quality of Mkhitaryan. Teams like Burnley, Hull and Bournemouth have shown that United struggle to break down teams at home so the gameplan was spot on.
the regime don't like it man

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2017, 10:49:34 AM »
Having a go would have played into United's hands especially with the pace of Martial and Rashford with the quality of Mkhitaryan. Teams like Burnley, Hull and Bournemouth have shown that United struggle to break down teams at home so the gameplan was spot on.

Agreed. I have heard it called a defensive masterclass by Pulis and he deserves credit for this. Had we have gone up there and played how some would like us to play we would have ;lost 3 - 0, and everyone would have been on here moaning about our poor defence.

Job done, move on - well done TP.

MAGA!

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2017, 11:22:38 AM »
Agreed. I have heard it called a defensive masterclass by Pulis and he deserves credit for this. Had we have gone up there and played how some would like us to play we would have ;lost 3 - 0, and everyone would have been on here moaning about our poor defence.

Job done, move on - well done TP.

That's just not the case is it. I'm not asking us to be Gung Ho, but to show a bit of intent. Distribution on Saturday was woeful and we just invited waves of pressure, we didn't help ourselves and had to defend more that we needed to.

It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2017, 11:37:19 AM »
That's just not the case is it. I'm not asking us to be Gung Ho, but to show a bit of intent. Distribution on Saturday was woeful and we just invited waves of pressure, we didn't help ourselves and had to defend more that we needed to.
And to be fair Pulis said just that in his interview. The players who should have retained possession ( when we got it ) better, didnt do that in the game, we gave it back too easily. We did it well against Arsenal but against united we were poor in possession and the passing was woeful  ;)
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: What Did We Think Of The Mourinho Interview
« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2017, 05:46:53 PM »
To be honest I'm not keen on this 'he's deflecting attention away from his players or the club or whatever'. Is that what he's doing when he's getting himself sent to the stands etc  ?

The blokes an ar*e who can't handle things not going his way.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2017, 05:58:40 PM »
He's not even entertaining. What's entertaining about somebody endlessly moaning and winging in a clearly biased way?

You can hear the same from fans of any club in local pubs or on the terraces.

It's not some kind of shrewd plan to deflect attention either. Just the ramblings of a 54 year old man who's generally fed up with his job and life.

Best to just ignore him / turn off or mute MOTD whenever he is being interviewed

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2017, 09:52:17 PM »
I think he's quite funny. Enjoyed the interview.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2017, 10:22:02 PM »
Must admit.....really 'chuckled' at his commments. There's no doubt he's (or was) an incredible manager; or 'man-manager', but he really does look like a petulant child compared to the 'enigma' and personality he once was. If I'd met him 6/7 yrs ago I'd have asked for a 'selfie'.....now I'd probably cross the road!