Author Topic: 7 Jan 2017 Albion 1 Derby County 2 (FA Cup Round 3)  (Read 88137 times)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #500 on: January 09, 2017, 07:17:22 PM »
Derby drawn at home to Leicester in the next round

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #501 on: January 10, 2017, 01:33:48 PM »
53.9% possession, and 35 attempts at goal by West Brom, admittedly only 7 were on target. Derby had 46.1% possession, with 11 attempts at goal, to which 4 were on target, obviously they scored from 2 of them. I thought Jonas Olson was atrocious, great servant not denying that, but his passing was woeful all game. Constantly giving away possession. Thought Golloway was poor as well, chance for him to stake a claim, to which he failed. Overall I think West Brom were very un lucky, Rondon missed a few good chances, any other day he'd have scored them.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #502 on: January 10, 2017, 01:47:07 PM »
the atempts on goal keep rising, are we still playing :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #503 on: January 10, 2017, 01:58:03 PM »
WBAinDevon if we were we probably still couldn't score above the one goal we did....Olson would probably still not be able to find a West Brom player with a pass either zzz

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #504 on: January 10, 2017, 04:29:43 PM »
Can't believe some of the overreaction on this tread for Saturdays defeat.

I'm not going into why we lost and who was to blame as IMO it was just one of those games, wether it's blaming Pulis for an under strength team, Boaz Myhill for having a mare or Olson for being atrocious!!

I would much rather have lost the way we played Saturday than the dross performances we had to put up with last season in the FA Cup. They we're embarrassing, I attended both home games and away to Reading. Saturday we lost having a go and I was entertained. .

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #505 on: January 10, 2017, 04:34:37 PM »
Can't believe some of the overreaction on this tread for Saturdays defeat.

I'm not going into why we lost and who was to blame as IMO it was just one of those games, wether it's blaming Pulis for an under strength team, Boaz Myhill for having a mare or Olson for being atrocious!!

I would much rather have lost the way we played Saturday than the dross performances we had to put up with last season in the FA Cup. They we're embarrassing, I attended both home games and away to Reading. Saturday we lost having a go and I was entertained. .

Fully agree with you Ian. We had a go but the luck was not with us. I have no complaints and I certainly don't intend to blame anyone. They were not booed off the pitch so I take that as confirmation that they/we were happy with our effort but it didn't happen...... the worse thing for me was the dogheads winning! That ruined my weekend.
MAGA!