Author Topic: Allan Nyom signs for Getafe  (Read 127223 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Allan Nyom
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2016, 03:25:58 PM »
Maybe he's back up for Dawson or he wants Dawson inside as McAuley is getting older?

But let's give him a chance!

Will always give him a chance, but initial reaction is meh.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2016, 03:29:57 PM »
I get that but I guess any 3m signing these days isn't going to be a wohoo! Time will tell.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2016, 03:33:46 PM »
Let's hope he does well but it sounds like a pretty underwhelming back up signing. I wouldn't worry about his first touch and control. He won't be needing it.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

staticboy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2016, 03:36:43 PM »
Nyoooomm!!!
The sound he makes passing players.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2016, 03:56:14 PM »
One plus... If Nyom is playing right back, then I don't think any commentators or referees are going to get confused between Nyom and McAuley!

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2016, 06:48:49 PM »
Strange we sell one right back who doesn't play for 1 million and sign another right back who will not play for 3 million, people have said 3 million isn't a lot in today's market but at the moment it has stopped us signing 1 player .... What has happened to the 5 players that are going straight into the 1st team ?
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2016, 06:50:10 PM »
Has he signed yet....?

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2016, 06:55:25 PM »
he having a medical.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 06:56:01 PM »
he having a medical.

one of the five in the house
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

chippyclarke

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 07:14:59 PM »
Strange we sell one right back who doesn't play for 1 million and sign another right back who will not play for 3 million, people have said 3 million isn't a lot in today's market but at the moment it has stopped us signing 1 player .... What has happened to the 5 players that are going straight into the 1st team ?
Very good point!

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 07:22:50 PM »
Gambia didn't play when he was the only fit RB. He was deemed not good enough. It's a squad game. He may even go straight into the team, who knows?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2016, 07:26:41 PM »
To go into the season with only one right back would have been stupid beyond belief.

Good to see have Albion have added some strength in depth.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 07:28:33 PM »
To go into the season with only one right back would have been stupid beyond belief.

Good to see have Albion have added some strength in depth.

BUT Pulis wanted players in to strengthen the limited first team, apart from Chadli, have we really done that yet ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2016, 07:41:00 PM »
BUT Pulis wanted players in to strengthen the limited first team, apart from Chadli, have we really done that yet ?

No - but I'm quite happy with Dawson at right back to be honest. I have no pressing urge to improve that position. Adding Nyom just gives us that strength in depth for that position. I don't want us spending large scales of money on a right back because our efforts should be concentrated on signing a half decent centre midfielder and a striker. Nyom - at a reasonable price - is a sensible signing in my view.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2016, 07:42:11 PM »
surely hes coming here with game time security
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2016, 07:45:43 PM »
The general view from Watford fans is that he was very good for the first 5 games and then tailed off and became awful (Gianni Zuiverloon springs to mind). Watord fans are rejoicing and in shock they have managed to get rid of him.

As a squad player and with Pulis ultra defensive tactics it might be okay, but this flies in the face of the tosh Pulis trotted out about only signing players who improve the first team.
Boing Boing

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2016, 08:16:17 PM »
Welcome to the club Allan, good luck!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Allan Nyom joins Albion
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2016, 08:17:14 PM »
Baggies complete deadline-day signing
FAST-PACED full-back Allan Nyom has joined Albion from Premier League rivals Watford for an undisclosed fee.

Nyom, who will wear the club's No.2 jersey, has signed a four-year contract at The Hawthorns.   

The Baggies have secured the services of the 28-year-old French-born Cameroon international following Cristian Gamboa’s move to Celtic on Tuesday.

Nyom arrives with experience of football in France, Italy and Spain, where he made his name in more than 200 appearances for Granada with whom he won promotion.

He signed for Watford at the start of last season and played in both games against the Baggies in what proved to be a successful debut campaign.

Nyom completed his medical at Spire Little Aston today and then declared himself delighted to make the switch to The Hawthorns.

He said: “I received a call from my agent last night and he told me about the offer to come here and I was happy to do so.

“Last year was my first in England. I was so happy to play in the Premier League as I think it is one of the best leagues in the world. I enjoyed it a lot.

"The Premier League is completely different to other Leagues because here there is more intensity, more fight... the atmosphere in England is better than Spain.

“The team here is good and with good players, a team that plays together. I’m going to try to bring energy and to give my best every game; I want to help the team.”

Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/allan-nyom-has-joined-west-bromwich-albion-from-premier-league-rivals-watford-for-an-undisclosed-fee-3284732.aspx#huXH4378PcLpSehh.99

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2016, 08:19:52 PM »
The general view from Watford fans is that he was very good for the first 5 games and then tailed off and became awful (Gianni Zuiverloon springs to mind). Watord fans are rejoicing and in shock they have managed to get rid of him.

As a squad player and with Pulis ultra defensive tactics it might be okay, but this flies in the face of the tosh Pulis trotted out about only signing players who improve the first team.

That's the problem , not going to improve the first eleven - back up at best.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2016, 08:23:19 PM »
id like to say welcome to him but every ounce of hope and enthusiasm has been battered out of me today

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2016, 08:24:22 PM »
Meh signing. Will do a job I imagine and at 3 million not that risky. Need better signings than this though to get fans excited
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2016, 08:24:45 PM »
Welcome to the club, but I am not impressed with the signing of a Watford cast off for £4m. Woul rather have tagged the £4m on to a transfer fee for a far better player.

Watford improving their squad and getting rid of him tells you all you need to know about the player and where we are, which is ridiculous as we have been in the top tier 5 years longer than Watford now.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »
Back up it seems.  No problem from me because I rate Dawson and although hes not the most dynamic right back I feel he has made right back his own.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 08:32:56 PM »
I suppose the one plus we can take from it is that he is said to be pacey.