Author Topic: Sam Field Joins QPR  (Read 216573 times)

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

Re: Sam Field
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 04:46:27 PM »
Just the kind of player we've been lacking. Good to see the Academy producing some serious quality.

wolverhampton baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2016, 06:57:53 PM »
A very mature performance from young Sam...I'm sure Fletch will have helped him through today. I was very impressed with young Wilson too at full back pre season at Torquay.
Born and bred in Dudley

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 08:52:37 PM »
Looks good today, not sure if Tony will want to keep him around with the new signings or decide to send him on loan for a year.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2016, 08:57:38 PM »
Thought he played well, can pass the ball and had a lot of composure at times turning himself out of trouble. Promising signs, but hope he's not used as a 3rd holding midfielder at home again. Would like to see if he is comfortable playing a bit higher up the pitch in future.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2016, 10:02:00 PM »
like shearer likes to say played it simple . neat and tidy looking good with kids we got coming along

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2016, 12:18:24 PM »
Really chuffed with this lad yesterday - always wanted the ball and kept possession - never giving it way which for a player in this side is quite remarkable.

Hope we see more of him but with Camacho seemingly on the verge of joining we may be in for a wait until we see him next.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2016, 12:46:34 PM »
He really needs to go out on loan to tha Championship in my opinion. It would do wonders for his development.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2016, 09:11:45 AM »
Some real quality, will learn a lot of Fletcher, I would keep him here, he is good enough.
Baggie in Southampton

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 09:19:55 AM »
I've seen him a few times now with the friendlies over pre-season and the couple of games last week and the lad has always been one of the best players on the park. He's no doubt got plenty to learn and we don't want to put too much responsibility on his young shoulders but he has looked very calm and composed both in and out of possession, a real talent to keep an eye on in the coming years.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2016, 09:23:31 AM »
Just for the record, I am all for home-grown players playing; in fact, I've urged several managers to have more faith in our academy players.

That said, I've been a little taken aback at the reaction to Field's performance on Sunday. Don't get me wrong, it was okay, but he hardly set the world alight. I don't remember him touching the ball in all honesty. Of course, I hope he goes on to have a fantastic career for us...

Just my two cents.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2016, 09:29:26 AM »
Just for the record, I am all for home-grown players playing; in fact, I've urged several managers to have more faith in our academy players.

That said, I've been a little taken aback at the reaction to Field's performance on Sunday. Don't get me wrong, it was okay, but he hardly set the world alight. I don't remember him touching the ball in all honesty. Of course, I hope he goes on to have a fantastic career for us...

Just my two cents.

Blimey, I saw him touch the ball quite a bit and thought he looked comfortable. In fact it was early in the second half that he lost his first challenge, I know that because I discussed it with the chap next to me. He seemed to tire in the second half and was replaced.
For me he looked comfortable on the ball. Didn't do anything spectacular and wasn't really put under any pressure, but I liked what I saw.
MAGA!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2016, 09:40:50 AM »
He had plenty of touches and I read somewhere he had pass completion of 90%+, most of his passes were 'safe', but if he had tried too much, he would have been withdrawn pretty quickly. That is one of the problems for our midfield, the forward movement and passing options are so limited, hopefully the new signings will improve that.
Baggie in Southampton

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2016, 09:42:29 AM »
Looks promising, I think his talent needs to be nurtured.
Not too sure if Tone is the right manager to do the nurturing.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2016, 09:45:11 AM »
He had plenty of touches and I read somewhere he had pass completion of 90%+, most of his passes were 'safe', but if he had tried too much, he would have been withdrawn pretty quickly. That is one of the problems for our midfield, the forward movement and passing options are so limited, hopefully the new signings will improve that.

Pass completion was 92% for the 37 passes he made. As you say all of the passes I can remember were safe options but he looked very comfortable.

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2016, 09:52:52 AM »
How long is his contract?  Would be heart breaking to have another Brown...

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2016, 09:55:22 AM »
How long is his contract?  Would be heart breaking to have another Brown...

Izzty Brown was 16 and pre-contract, where as Sam is on a full, proffesional contract. So basically it's not the same situation at all.

I think his contract was for 2 years + 1. But if he keeps playing around the first team I'd expect him to be on a 4 + 1 by Christmas.

Plus he's an Albion fan. I very very much doubt he'll screw us.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2016, 11:32:19 AM »
He did go in quite heavy for a couple of tackles, but I'll put that down to youthful exuberance. Some people have said they didn't notice him much, but surely that has to be a good thing in some ways, as it shows he didn't look out of place in a team which has quite a lot of experience.
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2016, 09:03:00 PM »

Just my two cents.

I see where you're coming from but if you consider it's a home debut, on Sky (watched all over the world) at the club he loves in the top league in the country then we should be thankful that he didn't go off like a bottle of pop and fly in all over the place! If we had the chance to turn out for the stripes, I reckon 99% of us would probably end up seeing red for trying to do too much. If his debut was against Villa or the W*lves it might have been a different matter  :P

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2016, 04:48:57 PM »
Thought he looked very composed again on the ball against Bournemouth, kept it a couple of times when I thought he'd lose it. Didn't have the cutting pass but then who does in our team!

Surely will only get better with first team game time so let's hope he gets it.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2016, 06:50:45 PM »
Signed a new 4 year contract, very good news.
Baggie in Southampton

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »
Great news except some on here will say he`s to young and inexperienced to pan a 4 year deal LOL Think its great get the kids signed up they  give us a great future

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2016, 07:47:14 PM »
Just the job, now needs to work ard to establish himself in the side.

Chuffed for the lad!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2016, 09:04:17 PM »
They obviously think very highly of him to give him a long contract

Fair play too him can't wait too see how he progresses

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2016, 12:01:51 AM »
Well done Sam & here's to a bright future for you & Albion

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2016, 07:46:13 AM »
Good move by the club and a good deal for Field.

Hope he gets to start on Saturday if Fletcher doesn't make it.