Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1129243 times)

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #2600 on: October 01, 2017, 04:30:35 PM »
One chance one goal.  Played a big part in the build up for the corner for the second.

Won more free kicks than anybody else on the pitch. 81% of duals won. 79% pass success rate. What else does he need to do to get some people to praise him?

Had Rondon been the player who shot from distance when JRod did in the second half, there would have been a witch hunt against him.

There already is my friend, there already is. Rondon and Dawson and others before them. It seems some on here are only happy when they can find something to whinge about and have a player to hate. I have heard less  vitriol hurled at vile players. Why they call themselves West brom supporters I just do not know, they seem to much prefer other teams to us.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2601 on: October 02, 2017, 09:22:50 AM »
One chance one goal.  Played a big part in the build up for the corner for the second.

Won more free kicks than anybody else on the pitch. 81% of duals won. 79% pass success rate. What else does he need to do to get some people to praise him?

Had Rondon been the player who shot from distance when JRod did in the second half, there would have been a witch hunt against him.

I think you'll find that a lot of the people criticising Rondon recently have praised him for the goal and most of his performance yesterday (I have in the after match thread). As to what does he have to do...how about consistently perform at that or a near level? Lets not forget that was his 1st home goal since December 14th 2016... and only his 3rd goal in 2017.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2602 on: October 02, 2017, 04:02:23 PM »
I was happy that he scored - I don't think Krychowiak's pass gets enough credit on that one, what was that 50 yards in the air to assist Rondon? That was GORGEOUS. Then just an excellent job by Salo to make that run, put himself in position, shield the defender, and score from a really tough angle. I gotta admit I was anticipating the ball going out for a goal kick but he saved it at the end.

Right after he makes things happen again, keeping the ball well on another counter to touch it to Gibbs who played it into the box for what turned into the corner that got us the second goal. Rondon is a factor in it too, forcing his defender into a poor clearance that instead assisted Evans.

I did think after the first 30-35 minutes his performance dropped a bit. But what this game confirmed for me is that he's a totally different player when played on to face the goal than when he has his back against the goal. If you could string together some passes to play him into space more often as opposed to regularly air-mailing balls to him hoping he'll win them and hold them up you would be a lot more pleased with his performances.

I also thought it was such a clown/coward move of TP to take Rodriguez away from him in the second half, we looked a lot more threatening in the 442 whenever we had the ball as opposed to the 451.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2603 on: October 16, 2017, 10:42:19 PM »
No surprise he looks so much better with players around him. Second half we had a 15 min spell where the link up play between Barry, Krychowiak, Chadli and Rondon was something approaching entertaining. Shame we reverted to type just before they scored.

Thought he used the ball well today and got into some good positions with good movement. Shame nothing fell to him in the box.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2604 on: October 16, 2017, 10:56:59 PM »
Agreed, thought he was very good tonight. Easily in our top 3 performers with Greg and Gibbs IMO.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2605 on: October 16, 2017, 11:16:54 PM »
Agreed, thought he was very good tonight. Easily in our top 3 performers with Greg and Gibbs IMO.

I agree with this.

I think Rondon has to start every game, Rodriguez for me stays on the bench as he's ineffective on the wing.
the regime don't like it man

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2606 on: October 16, 2017, 11:25:48 PM »
I agree with this.

I think Rondon has to start every game, Rodriguez for me stays on the bench as he's ineffective on the wing.

Struggling to see where he fits in to be honest. Doesn't suit the lone striker role in our setup and isn't a winger.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2607 on: October 16, 2017, 11:34:24 PM »
Struggling to see where he fits in to be honest. Doesn't suit the lone striker role in our setup and isn't a winger.
He's everything a Pulis wide player or forward isn't.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2608 on: October 16, 2017, 11:42:23 PM »
I agree with this.

That is why we are where we are, Rondon is not the answer in fact he is one of the worst forwards I have seen in an Albion shirt along with Paul Williams, John Thomas  and Stuart Evans!!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2609 on: October 16, 2017, 11:49:38 PM »
That is why we are where we are, Rondon is not the answer in fact he is one of the worst forwards I have seen in an Albion shirt along with Paul Williams, John Thomas  and Stuart Evans!!

Thought it was all Pulis' fault?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2610 on: October 16, 2017, 11:52:40 PM »
Thought it was all Pulis' fault?
Don't try to be clever, Pulis keeps picking him doesn't he?

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2611 on: October 17, 2017, 12:16:13 AM »
Don't try to be clever, Pulis keeps picking him doesn't he?

Don't need to try. Rondon was one of the better performers tonight. Stuart Evans.. Please

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2612 on: October 17, 2017, 08:11:15 AM »

yes keith quite possibly one of our worst strikers for many years. ineffective to say the least
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2613 on: October 17, 2017, 08:15:09 AM »

Maybe he could fit in as part of a front two? Pulis has played him with Robson Kanu maybe it's time to try him with Rondon?

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2614 on: October 17, 2017, 09:31:26 AM »
Still think J-Rod has a useful role to play off the bench when we are chasing games and we need to go two up top. Much more than slinging on Robson Kanu.

I really wish we had signed a proper target man for direct competition to Rondon in the summer though.

He has a lot of travelling/international commitments and as such cannot lead the forward line effectively every single week especially playing for the most defensive team in the league

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2615 on: October 21, 2017, 08:00:16 PM »

nothing from him tonight keith to suggest otherwise

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2616 on: October 21, 2017, 08:01:21 PM »
Yeah he has been pathetic since scoring that hattrick last December

We need a new striker and he needs selling, awful awful player right now

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2617 on: October 21, 2017, 08:25:18 PM »
Can't help but feel while he was never deadly we have ruined a good forward with our tactics , he'll score goals elsewhere.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2618 on: October 21, 2017, 08:27:08 PM »
yes i believe underneath he was once a good footballer and yes in another team he will most likely come good

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2619 on: October 21, 2017, 08:27:21 PM »
Yeah he has been pathetic since scoring that hattrick last December

We need a new striker and he needs selling, awful awful player right now

Harsh. He's had 2 years or so sat 30 yards from the rest of the team. I'm surprised he's not asked to leave yet? Maybe he has?

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2620 on: October 21, 2017, 08:32:05 PM »
I think his body language says he’s sick and tired of the tactics. I’d like to see him under a new manager

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2621 on: October 21, 2017, 08:34:40 PM »
I think his body language says he’s sick and tired of the tactics. I’d like to see him under a new manager

With someone closer to him. Rod could also be decent and the two, played centrally together could be good. The squad is there, the management isn't.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2622 on: October 21, 2017, 08:36:10 PM »
the blokes got no enthusiasm or desire and who can blame him. play a different set up with players around him and you'd see a good player. we need the best in the world to shine for us with so few chances we create,

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2623 on: October 21, 2017, 08:37:39 PM »
With someone closer to him. Rod could also be decent and the two, played centrally together could be good. The squad is there, the management isn't.

But people struggle to understand that.

People are expecting him to get onto balls that are 30ft infront of him or track back to our box, win the ball and take on an whole team and score.

Too isolated to really judge him, the same as any striker is in a pulis set up.... hence why every club he has managed at have never had strikers with any decent goal to game ratios.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2624 on: October 21, 2017, 08:37:47 PM »
Compared to his 2nd half strike partner he was like Ronaldo today.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.