Author Topic: Craig Dawson  (Read 460077 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Craig Dawson
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »
Yeah, but i am sure rochdale fans follow international football, and can therefore base his performances on that, and they probably watch premier league football anyway!

Excellent point

Well made
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2011, 12:54:36 PM »
It also poses the question, can we judge a league 1 or 2 player?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
Im not saying he is or isnt going to be a success but if he has talent and application then were on to a winner
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »
Looks like a real 110% player. Watched him play a few times and he really is good, I hope he can step up. Everytime you check the Rochdale scorers he seems to have notched!

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 08:23:26 AM »

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 09:23:23 AM »
Looks like the boy is staying...http://www.wba.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~2359752,00.html
Good to see. I expected him to be going out on loan again next season. If he impresses Hodgson in training or pre-season or cup matches or whatever, I don't think he'd have any reluctance in starting him. It's already been mentioned, but think of the case with Smalling at Fulham, he came from the 7th tier yet Roy played him and now he's looking like a future Man U and England regular. If Smalling an cut it then why not Dawson? If you're good enough and have the right attributes then it doesn't matter what league you've played in.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 09:28:46 AM »
Good to see that the feedback has been good, its a good story that suggests that the lad he will get his chance to impress in pre-season.

BearwoodBaggie

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 10:00:12 AM »
Exciting stuff, really looking forward to seeing this lad play for us. Glad he will be here next year, I think the club have acted really well on this one. I think loaning him out to Rochdale this season was a good move and keeping him here, for the first part of next season at least, is a good move. Will give him a chance to settle into the football club AND learn from a top class manager.

If he lives up to the expectation we will have one hell of a player on our hands. We have a bit of a track record of finding gems, hopefully this is another one.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »
Dawson would have been partnered with Olsson if he'd stayed this season. I took an interest in him way before we signed him as my neighbour where I lived in Spain was a massive Dale fan, and raved about how Dawson was going to be an England player. I have to say, he is a superb talent who we are going to struggle to keep hold of and i'm pretty sure everybody will be majorly impressed with this kid.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2011, 07:46:32 PM »
Roy has obviously seen enough in the short time he has had to keep him interested in the kid so for now my trust is with roy
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

j2burnz

• Youth Baggie

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2011, 05:08:09 PM »
If Ibanez isn't going to get a look in because he has swastikas tattooed on his chest or something, then I think I'd rather have Dawson playing ahead of Tamas or McAuley. Tamas I don't rate and McAuley I just can't get excited about.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 05:12:45 PM »
Nice... Let's hope he can show that form this coming season?!
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Jack_Wba11

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2011, 05:14:43 PM »
If Ibanez isn't going to get a look in because he has swastikas tattooed on his chest or something, then I think I'd rather have Dawson playing ahead of Tamas or McAuley. Tamas I don't rate and McAuley I just can't get excited about.

Totally agree with this. Would definitely rather see Olsson and Dawson paired at CB (Unless we sign another, fingers crossed!)

castlebaggiefan2011

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 05:30:08 PM »
what swastika tatto have i missed something
?
The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want:
He makes me down to lie
In pastures green; he leadeth me
The quiet waters by.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »
what swastika tatto have i missed something
?
I was just being sarcastic due to being totally mystified that Ibanez hasn't been given a chance.

castlebaggiefan2011

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 05:50:46 PM »
I was just being sarcastic due to being totally mystified that Ibanez hasn't been given a chance.
oh ok sorry sarcasm doesn't always translate through text very well
also very excited about the blog about Dawson just hope they werent't exaggerating and he will be able to handle the premiership
The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want:
He makes me down to lie
In pastures green; he leadeth me
The quiet waters by.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 06:00:47 PM »
I think dawson will really push on this year and next and hopfully can begin the show the class we have heard about him. If what we hear is true we may well have a top class CB on our hands
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 06:11:46 PM »
I really think he will be a cracker and will play some part this season. Seems Roy fancies him so he could get games this season.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2011, 06:25:26 PM »
and Dan Ashworth, this bloke seems like he puts in the hours.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2011, 06:52:59 PM »
oh ok sorry sarcasm doesn't always translate through text very well
also very excited about the blog about Dawson just hope they werent't exaggerating and he will be able to handle the premiership
Ha ha no problem. Sarcasm never works on the internet :).

I think the Rochdale fans are being realistic. They were very enthusiastic about him and full of praise, but they did say that maybe he isn't quite ready to play Premiership football week in week out.

His goalscoring ability shouldn't be understated. With Brunt and Dorrans taking set-pieces his knack at being able to score from them could be a real asset. I don't like to keep going on about Tamas, but something he doesn't do enough of compared to our other centre backs. Pablo got 2 last season, Scharner got 4, Reid got 2 and Olsson got 1 (not that impressive I know but his overall goalscoring record for us is good). Tamas didn't get any. If our defence is forever cursed to be rubbish then we might as well play a defender who offers a big goal threat.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2011, 07:26:18 PM »
I reckon Roy will give him plenty of game time look what he did with Smalling at Fulham if they're good enough they're old enough :-)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2011, 08:45:55 PM »
Pleased to hear it, I hope he can show us what a good player he is.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2011, 10:03:53 PM »
not to bothered if we get another defender got some good talent at club .

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 12:06:46 AM »
According to Roy , Stuart Peace was at the ground to watch Craig not Thorne , though i suppose he must of been impressed with Thorne aswell . I would like to see Dawson play a bit more epically with Olsson :P , i know we shouldn't rush him(but he is highly rated)  but one game in the Prem wouldn't hurt , Scott Dann jumped from the Championship to Premier League and look at him now, thoughts ?
BOING BOING