Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Brandon Thomas-Asante
« Last post by SmethDan on April 15, 2024, 04:57:49 PM »
Thanks Dan. BTA has averaged double figures in his 2 seasons with us I think.

Weimann not as prolific as I recall clearly

Seven in the league last season and two in the FA Cup. His only other double figure season came at Salford in League Two 2021-2022 with 11 in 39 plus two in the EFL Trophy.
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Last post by Adamstv on April 15, 2024, 04:29:59 PM »
I was think along these lines however, I expect norwich to finish 5th, so it's only Coventry or Hull (not both) that need to leap frog us. It's close.... hopefully a draw or Hull win in their game

If Hull win all their games they would end up with 77 points meaning we could need 6 points to be certain from last 3 games as Norwich have 3 potentially winnable games (Bristol city and Swansea both at home and Blues away)
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Carlos Corberan
« Last post by baggie82 on April 15, 2024, 02:59:23 PM »
If it's a football thing then it has got worse I have been on this site since 2006 and without a doubt considering we have the best manager in a long time and look to be making the playoffs the level of moaning imo is ridiculous under the likes of Bruce understandable this season inexcusable.

Agreed, although I think it has got worse with social media and all the shock jock podcasts having an impact across football in general. Liverpool fan on a national phone-in this weekend calling for Klopp to be sacked! With Albion I think it is also a reflection of our success from 2001 onwards. Whole generation of fans who have only ever known Premier League or Championship promotion campaigns, which has fast-tracked a level of entitlement. They are too young to recall the late 80s and 90s and the really dark decades which sobered up the fan base - should be forced to watch videos of Albion under Brian Little along with snippets of Paul Crichton lumbering around in goal in this jogging bottoms :)
« Last post by gazberg on April 15, 2024, 01:24:01 PM »
Whilst trying to avoid fate a Manager of the Year award and those numbers have all the hallmarks of heartache in the Playoffs if they don't make the autos.

I've no issue with that, especially if it's against us
« Last post by gazberg on April 15, 2024, 01:23:15 PM »
Weimann's stand out goal returns season was 21/22. 22 goals and 10 assists from RW and AM. Other than that nothing spectacular. BTA only has two seasons where he's reached double figures in the league too and this is one of them.

Thanks Dan. BTA has averaged double figures in his 2 seasons with us I think.

Weimann not as prolific as I recall clearly
« Last post by gazberg on April 15, 2024, 01:22:14 PM »
BTA is a one-man front  line of defence.  He presses for two men.
He gets the odd goal too.  Maybe if he wasn't considered the only striker the pressure would be off him.

Also true. His effort at the front makes it harder to walk through us
« Last post by NJS on April 15, 2024, 01:17:01 PM »
BTA is a one-man front  line of defence.  He presses for two men.
He gets the odd goal too.  Maybe if he wasn't considered the only striker the pressure would be off him.
« Last post by SmethDan on April 15, 2024, 01:13:52 PM »
McKenna confirmed as Champo manager of the season. no surprise , 1 horse race really.

Their record isn't that great against the top 6 sides (10 pts from 30 available , 2w 4d and 4l) but when it comes to beating the fodder of the league they have been ruthless.

Whilst trying to avoid fate a Manager of the Year award and those numbers have all the hallmarks of heartache in the Playoffs if they don't make the autos.
« Last post by SmethDan on April 15, 2024, 01:11:25 PM »
Really? I thought he had some fairly regular 15-20 goal seasons in the champo. That's surprising. In that case i'm changing to Weimann definitely isn't scoring double figures if he starts most games :D

Weimann's stand out goal returns season was 21/22. 22 goals and 10 assists from RW and AM. Other than that nothing spectacular. BTA only has two seasons where he's reached double figures in the league too and this is one of them.
« Last post by gazberg on April 15, 2024, 12:51:24 PM »
Ultimately we’ll never know, all we can go by is the stats from this season as he has played a whole lot of games in the goal scoring position to be only 3 goals more than Swift, five more than Grady and MJ etc.

The eyes don’t lie, his ability, or lack thereof is clear for anyone with footballing knowledge to see, the ball bounces off him frequently, misplaces pass after pass, misses easy chances for fun.

That's why he's 3rd choice though ultimately. He is attitude/application over ability.

CC saw him as a better up front option than Wallace etc so that's what we had/have to run with until someone else is fully fit.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]