West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Where's the graph?
« Last post by Political Cake on Today at 02:12:02 AM »
It's so lovely to see people pining for old fashioned graphical statistics! :-X ;D
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Jonas Olsson joins Djurgarden
« Last post by Political Cake on Today at 02:08:58 AM »
Genuinely hope one of the leaving presents is that smashed picture frame of the Britannia.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Jonas Olsson joins Djurgarden
« Last post by dan7heman on Today at 01:33:32 AM »
Thank you Jonas for everything. Loved it when he smashed Andy Carroll in the first minute and then Carroll bottled it the whole game.
General Football & Sports / Re: Anything England Football
« Last post by dan7heman on Today at 01:25:24 AM »
The BBC is reporting this:

Behaviour of a section of England fans in Germany was "inappropriate, disrespectful and disappointing", says FA chairman Greg Clarke.

England lost 1-0 to Germany in Dortmund on Wednesday night, but a section of England supporters booed the German national anthem and sung chants referencing World War Two.

It is understood that the FA is trying to gather footage of the behaviour.

If found to be involved, supporters could be banned from attending games.

"The FA has consistently urged supporters to show respect and not to chant songs that could be regarded as insulting to others," said Clarke.

"Individuals who engage in such behaviour do not represent the overwhelming majority of England fans nor the values and identity we should aspire to as a football nation.

"We are working with the England Supporters Travel Club and speaking with the Football Supporters' Federation to come together to address this issue.

"Everyone involved in the game has a responsibility to ensure that attending a football match is a safe and enjoyable experience for all."

The FA part-fund the Football Supporters' Federation (FSF). This includes funding for an annual supporters' summit to discuss fan issues.

An FSF spokesperson said: "Over the last 20 years, English football fans have built a worldwide reputation for our passionate support and the vocal backing we give to our teams.

"Unfortunately little of the wit and imagination that goes into our club football songs is reflected at England games.

"England's travelling support is made of people of all ages from a range of clubs, many of whom have worked hard in recent years to improve our standing abroad and have expressed concern to us about these chants.

"We don't want to regress to a situation where that reputation is tarnished by the actions of a minority."

Once there were the Luftwaffe, who sent aircraft laden with incendiary devices to attack our fair land. Fortunately for us the Royal Airforce had Hurricanes and Spitfires to shoot down these aircraft and protect our grand parants. :D

West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Craig Dawson
« Last post by Standaman on Today at 12:14:40 AM »
It seems pretty straight forward to me there is no way on this earth Dawson gets into an England squad playing at Right Back because he is not a Right Back in the modern (i.e. since about 1970 if not before) sense. He is even less of a wing back in a 3-4-3 or any other formation that has 3 Centre Backs.

He might have a shot as Centre Back but for that to happen he needs a season being a first choice Centre Back for us then and only then does talk of International recognition become anything other than a pipe dream.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: James McClean
« Last post by dubliner on Yesterday at 11:57:57 PM »
He was fantastic tonight.
« Last post by wba13 on Yesterday at 11:22:06 PM »
I thought Dawson played for the under 21`s under Pearce  not Southgate. Southgate took over in Aug 2013   Dawson`s last app was on the 8th june 2013 Sorry B_H_baggie never played under Southgateat under 21 level.
« Last post by VVVAlbion on Yesterday at 11:18:34 PM »
For me, Dawson is a decent enough player but it speaks volumes for the standard of footballer that we are currently producing if people are considering him as the best in England. It is no surprise we win bugger all!
« Last post by TheBrom on Yesterday at 10:48:32 PM »
How much of Gibson have you actually seen? Impossible for me to compare the two as I've seen nowhere near enough of the lad, when it comes to Dawson he's had how many games as a centre-half this season? 3 or 4? That is the position England needed cover in and Dawson is untested at the top level in that role and he's never getting in as a right-back as the way England play their full-backs is completely different to the way we do.

It's also worth remembering that Southgate will know all about about Dawson having worked with him at U21 level where he was a fairly key player for him but he's still appears to be nowhere near the side so that speaks volumes for me.

I think that's more the point/reason rather than him not being good enough. To be fair to Gibson, Boro have conceded the least amount of goals outside of the top 7
« Last post by B_H_Baggie on Yesterday at 10:24:53 PM »
Gibson of Boro called up to the England Team...surely Dawson is a better player.?..oh wait who used to manage Boro !!!!

How much of Gibson have you actually seen? Impossible for me to compare the two as I've seen nowhere near enough of the lad, when it comes to Dawson he's had how many games as a centre-half this season? 3 or 4? That is the position England needed cover in and Dawson is untested at the top level in that role and he's never getting in as a right-back as the way England play their full-backs is completely different to the way we do.

It's also worth remembering that Southgate will know all about about Dawson having worked with him at U21 level where he was a fairly key player for him but he's still appears to be nowhere near the side so that speaks volumes for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10