West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Yes absolutely, I don't trust him at all, just my opinion.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Alan Pardew
« Last post by Standaman on Today at 11:09:25 PM »
Pardew has inherited a situation which is in some respects every bit as challenging as the one that Pulis took over and he largely has to make do with the squad that he's got. A lot of fans are already talking up the January window but I personally think we will be very lucky to add in any meaningful way to the squad. The wage budget is plainly spent and unless we do some fairly creative trading then this is what Pardew has got to work with.

On paper it should be good enough but I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that it hasn't been assembled with a plan at all in mind at all. If Pardew can get this shambles above the drop zone he will have performed a minor miracle.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Learning curve for AP?

His post match comments suggest that

The bloke wants shooting if he picks the useless McClean over Brunt
General Football & Sports / Re: England Cricket Thread
« Last post by LiamTheBaggie on Today at 11:05:19 PM »
England are only any good on English wickets , I think the whole county league sceen needs looking at. Do kids play cricket at schools

Cricket in school nowadays is totally different

The time is limited and its largely a case of whacking the ball as far as you can
« Last post by adamw1109 on Today at 11:03:39 PM »

In the interest of Transparency. Pulis last 40 games.(P40 W12 D9 L19) 45 points.

He's gone, get over it ffs.

His football was dreadful, wasn't picking up any points and the blokes a lying scumbag. Move on.
We didn't really lay a glove on them - first half was awful and we allowed United to do whatever they wanted. Which they obliged. At least in the second half therr was a lot more urgency about us both going forward and trying to win the ball

Krychowiak looked OK in the midfield - he's very much the go to option when we have possession because he is far better than the rest. Rondon looked better alongside Burke who was very direct if a little raw. Was nice to see someone wanting to take the opposition on

Barry and Brunt brought a much needed calmness to proceedings and both should be in this team going forwards
Learning curve for AP?
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL SCOTTISH LEAGUES THREAD
« Last post by LiamTheBaggie on Today at 11:02:53 PM »
Well done Hearts!  ;D

Second that

Loved the photo of Big Kyle after the game  ;D
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Players taking responsibility
« Last post by Droitwich Baggie on Today at 11:00:53 PM »
AP has spotted what Astle1968 mentioned as well: "We looked threatening from the moment he (Brunt) entered the pitch. It was a lesson for the other players in having confidence in what you’re doing. The first time he got the ball on the left hand side he just smashed the ball in. It’s that ambition I want to see in players and we lacked that a little bit. I learnt a lot, I hope the team learnt a lot from what I said to them at the end of the game".

To my mind, AP has spoken about the vast majority of failings that we have, whereas fans of struggling clubs are often left wondering if their manager has been watching a different game to them when they hear his post-match comments. This is one of the reasons why I have every faith that AP can turn this around.

Link: E & S
May I say "Like" to what you have said?
« Last post by wimbledon baggie on Today at 11:00:09 PM »
The part of that of concern to me is if he believes that he redressed the poor selection through the subs he made and therefore McClean and Livermore start again in the next match with Burke and Krycho making way.

AP was clearly surprised by the impact that Brunty and Barry had. I think he also saw that Burke is not ready yet and he needs to be slowly introduced. The terrible legacy that TP has left is this midfield 3 all competing for similar roles. No doubt they are big voices in the dressing room and he has to find a way of easing one or even 2 out to get an AM on the pitch.
We didn't really lay a glove on them - first half was awful and we allowed United to do whatever they wanted. Which they obliged. At least in the second half therr was a lot more urgency about us both going forward and trying to win the ball

Krychowiak looked OK in the midfield - he's very much the go to option when we have possession because he is far better than the rest. Rondon looked better alongside Burke who was very direct if a little raw. Was nice to see someone wanting to take the opposition on

Barry and Brunt brought a much needed calmness to proceedings and both should be in this team going forwards
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10