West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Football & Sports / Re: England Cricket Thread
« Last post by LiamTheBaggie on Today at 06:36:27 PM »
Day night test matches should never happen again in this country

We cannot rely on the weather for it to happen and we also lose a lot of the natural light.

In countries like those from the sub-continent and the West Indies it makes perfect sense

And day/night cricket is not going to turn around the fortunes of West Indies cricket
General Football & Sports / Re: Cheating
« Last post by TheBrom on Today at 06:34:33 PM »
Another example of ungentlemanly conduct by Bournemouth. They seem to get off lightly for lots of things like this including diving and bad tackles because of their reputation
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Last post by LiamTheBaggie on Today at 06:34:30 PM »
Quite excited by the game tonight - Man City versus Everton

Quality all over the shop.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Hal Robson-Kanu Joins Albion
« Last post by Bigrob80 on Today at 06:30:28 PM »
There is no consistency with referee decisions! Week in week out every season we see mistakes, so when are we going to see some sort of video help for them on bigger decisions? Surely the performance given against the performance expected shows they need this kind of help.
I'm assuming even more so as the money involved is getting to be immense!
Just my little opinion though.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Tony Pulis
« Last post by albion59 on Today at 06:29:44 PM »
Surely that's a good thing. Pulis has made us a good, effective and well organised team who are bloody hard to beat. He's always stated that he likes to leaves club better than he found them and I think that will be the case at Albion. What we don't want is some numpty to come here and undo all the good work Pulis has done where it only needs a little bit of tweaking maybe rather than an overhaul.
What? We ain't good, and hard to beat? We won one in twelve until the start of the season!!
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Tony Pulis
« Last post by Bigrob80 on Today at 06:26:21 PM »
Conversely, I worry that the longer he remains, his "style" "culture" "squad" become ingrained in our club, (Stoke are still playing with a half Pulis team 4? seasons on.) 
A new manager will have a massive job unpicking the straight jacket TP will have left the club in.

Stability leads to inertia and in this game inertia will kill you, as there will be plenty of others striving to overtake you.

I hear what your saying Albionic but 2 or 3 seasons of stable results/ plodding football is surely better than let's say a Blackburn or Cardiff city situation.
We can't complain too much if we get another top ten finish.
It lets the new guys get a good handle on it before shaking it up too much 👍🏻
1-1 after extra time - lose on penalties!  >:(
« Last post by gerry m on Today at 06:22:06 PM »
'Violent conduct' I'm guessing, which carries at least the three games.

Can understand it not being overturned, but it's pretty galling when you see some of the tackles that went unpunished this weekend.

My thoughts exactly. Where is the consistancy ::)
« Last post by Fritzl Palace on Today at 06:10:39 PM »
'Violent conduct' I'm guessing, which carries at least the three games.

Can understand it not being overturned, but it's pretty galling when you see some of the tackles that went unpunished this weekend.
« Last post by vrabbit on Today at 05:55:46 PM »
Ban upheld.

Suspended for the cup game and two league games.

holy smokes, is a red normally a 3-game ban? That was a soft call and should had only been a yellow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10