Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 772048 times)

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #825 on: July 28, 2011, 02:57:40 PM »
i hope when im at bristol Foster is in Goal because i really want us too sign him , But im just stating that other clubs dont mess around as much as we do . Also we all know about Mr Peace what he is like with money so i would pressume that is the reason behind it . What do you think the reason is then we are taking so long ?

It takes as long as it takes. Perhaps it's because Mr Pannu is still in Hong Kong sorting out the mess at Birmingham?

What has happened to our fans seriously, bunch of impatient babies at times.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #826 on: July 28, 2011, 02:58:06 PM »
i hope when im at bristol Foster is in Goal because i really want us too sign him , But im just stating that other clubs dont mess around as much as we do . Also we all know about Mr Peace what he is like with money so i would pressume that is the reason behind it . What do you think the reason is then we are taking so long ?

I dont know, no-one knows for sure. We can only guess, its out of our hands so just relax a bit. I know you are desperate for this to happen as am i and the rest of us baggies but theres nothing we can do but wait and hope im afraid
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #827 on: July 28, 2011, 02:58:40 PM »
Woah, woah, woah, calm down people. Anyone would think that you lot cared for the Albion or something. Lol

I am not going to say when, who, where I got the information from but it a usually a good source so if you choose to believe me or not that’s up to you.

We made an enquiry on Foster a few weeks ago (as we all know), however Blues were adamant that he was going no where. We then turned our attention to Green (whether or not this bit is true I don’t know because the person I heard this from is connected to Blues).

Fast forward a few weeks and our board got wind of the Blues situation and the fact that they are now struggling with paying off the loan repayments and interest etc, and are very keen on bringing in some money, and quickly. Blues were/are still reluctant to sell Foster because of his value, however are having there hand forced by the people they owe the money to (IE the bank). So as a compromise we have agreed a loan deal which in theory would mean should Blues get promoted they get to keep there asset, while removing his wages off the book for this year, plus the loan fee.

This deal is not as close as people (certain newspapers) led us to believe it was hence the ‘delay’.

I know nothing of the West Brom side, and as I say the information I got is from the Blues side, and normally reliable.

My guess is that some (if not all) of the above is true, hence why Foster hasn’t had his medical.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #828 on: July 28, 2011, 02:58:54 PM »
if you read what hes trying to say hes just frustrated by the amount of time it has taken to confirm the deal.

and none of us know the ins and outs of the deal but when various other deals start and end in days then this deal should have been completed by now.

Billy Jones was a free agent and within a short time we had signed him. Anything that involves a fee we seem to take months.

I remember Sean Gregan taking virtually the whole summer. Some people just dont seem to understand what this guy is onabout, he doesnt want us to lose out on him but is just saying if we do then its our own fault !!! too many people quick to jump down peoples throats on here as soon as they say something and are not given 10 seconds to explain their views.

Mate he actually said he hopes we miss out on him to serve us right. That is absolutely ridiculous.

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #829 on: July 28, 2011, 02:59:02 PM »
if you read what hes trying to say hes just frustrated by the amount of time it has taken to confirm the deal.

It is a reasonable point. It's just why can't it be described and explained like that, instead of:

Nothing is ever a simple signing with Albion because of MR Tight backside !
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #830 on: July 28, 2011, 03:00:43 PM »
It takes as long as it takes. Perhaps it's because Mr Pannu is still in Hong Kong sorting out the mess at Birmingham?

What has happened to our fans seriously, bunch of impatient babies at times.

You know what it is, someone on twitter like Tom Ross says a deal could be done within 24 hours and they think it should be or the move has broken down. They forget that they used the word could in the sentence.

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #831 on: July 28, 2011, 03:02:08 PM »
It is a reasonable point. It's just why can't it be described and explained like that, instead of:

True. :)

bigbadjohn

« Reply #832 on: July 28, 2011, 03:04:05 PM »
Cheers Dangerman for the info , i reckon because of all the papers sayings it so close then people saying oh he ain't even had a medical , so i am gratefull for the heads up :D

Some people on this site need a chill pill :D

BOING BOING ENGLANDS NUMBER 1 :D

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #833 on: July 28, 2011, 03:05:32 PM »
too right they need a chill pill. a perfect example by the way.... was it just two days ago michael johnson was linked with a loan move to leicester to link up with former manager Sven??

That deal is now confirmed. just using that as an example so dont bite my head off !!

Thats what i want. not being too greedy am i????

we will still beat chelsea regardless who is in goal ;)

richard

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #834 on: July 28, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
just spoke to my mate who knows the club doctor    foster has not failed his medical, it is penciled in for later this afternoon. The reason why it has tokk so long is that we have been talking to ridgewell all day.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #835 on: July 28, 2011, 03:07:27 PM »
Would you rather have Carson Yeung?
no but Jimmy Young would pobably close a deal quicker!! :D
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #836 on: July 28, 2011, 03:07:50 PM »
I think the ones posting on here, Facebook and Twitter every two minutes asking about signings and generally having a panic attack each and every day that passes by are the ones who need a "chill pill".
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #837 on: July 28, 2011, 03:09:29 PM »
I think the ones posting on here, Facebook and Twitter every two minutes asking about signings and generally having a panic attack each and every day that passes by are the ones who need a "chill pill".

have you had yours yet then?;)

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #838 on: July 28, 2011, 03:09:38 PM »
It's not just us. Look how long Villa took over the signing of Given, and now N'Zogbia.

It does seem to have been dragging on a while, but that's probably as much to do with the precarious situation Blues find themselves in at the moment as to us.

bigbadjohn

« Reply #839 on: July 28, 2011, 03:11:22 PM »
too right they need a chill pill. a perfect example by the way.... was it just two days ago michael johnson was linked with a loan move to leicester to link up with former manager Sven??

That deal is now confirmed. just using that as an example so dont bite my head off !!

Thats what i want. not being too greedy am i????

we will still beat chelsea regardless who is in goal ;)

See a very good example :D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 03:12:18 PM by Political Cake »

monkey nuts

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #840 on: July 28, 2011, 03:11:38 PM »
just spoke to my mate who knows the club doctor    foster has not failed his medical, it is penciled in for later this afternoon. The reason why it has tokk so long is that we have been talking to ridgewell all day.

so do you think they may do the 2 medicals at same time and that is why it is taking longer than people like  :)

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #841 on: July 28, 2011, 03:12:20 PM »
I think the fact various message boards have in the past deliberately posted false links to players and got them picked up by national newspapers says it all.

A month ago Ridgwell and Foster would have cost 11m, we are now looking at 6m - see my point?

Signing players clubs want to keep is much harder unless you are offering silly money.
I only go for the beer.

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #842 on: July 28, 2011, 03:12:33 PM »

so do you think they may do the 2 medicals at same time and that is why it is taking longer than people like  :)

hopefully !!!

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #843 on: July 28, 2011, 03:12:39 PM »
I'm also frustrated this deal hasn't gone through yet.

But I know it will eventually when the medical has been done. Usually after the medical they sign pretty quick so it might be done tonight if his medical is this afternoon.

Some of the posts on here make me laugh! Some people are too quick to jump on the "mr tight backside" wagon! There's a reason why JP is at the club. Which other club in the midlands are more financially stable than us?

He runs a tight ship because he is a business man and doesn't want his company to go bust by spending willy nilly on players.

This deal will be confirmed, I have full confidence in that! We should be grateful that we have a chair man that is willing to spend but not spend over the top!
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #844 on: July 28, 2011, 03:16:02 PM »
Two points I would like to make: 1) do other teams transfers take a lot less time or could it be that we only hear about their deals as soon as they are close to being signed whereas Albion transfers are talked about to death on here. And 2) this isn't football manager where a transfer happens in one day,  there are a lot of things to consider so can't people just chill out. 
Baggie Terra

greggy8689

« Reply #845 on: July 28, 2011, 03:19:39 PM »
Some of the people on this forum are embarrassing, the deal takes as long as it takes, don't think they will be rushing it because some westbrom.com users want it done faster. Grow up and learn how the process works and the complications. Pathetic.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #846 on: July 28, 2011, 03:20:38 PM »
Two points I would like to make: 1) do other teams transfers take a lot less time or could it be that we only hear about their deals as soon as they are close to being signed whereas Albion transfers are talked about to death on here. And 2) this isn't football manager where a transfer happens in one day,  there are a lot of things to consider so can't people just chill out. 

I think this is a great post and point 1 is something I mentioned on here the other day, unless you are looking at all the news regarding other clubs like people do with Albion then you can't possibly judge how quickly their deals are done compared to ours.

I also agree that some need to chill out a little, I do understand the frustration as we all want deals done right away but we can't let our frustrations get the better of us as it does no one any good.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #847 on: July 28, 2011, 03:21:17 PM »
Some of the people on this forum are embarrassing, the deal takes as long as it takes, don't think they will be rushing it because some westbrom.com users want it done faster. Grow up and learn how the process works and the complications. Pathetic.

Summed it up perfectly! :)
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #848 on: July 28, 2011, 03:22:11 PM »
Thank god we aint signing Fabregas, Nasri or Modric some fans would be on suicide watch on here waiting for those deals to go through!!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #849 on: July 28, 2011, 03:22:24 PM »

How dare they not rush deals through for us, who do they think we are?  :D