Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 772218 times)

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #800 on: July 28, 2011, 01:19:20 PM »
"I'm told Foster hasn't had his #wba medical yet, so difficult to see how he's failed it!"

From Steve Madeley on the Twitter.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #801 on: July 28, 2011, 01:28:53 PM »
Its all part of the JP master plan to avoid paying him any wages until the season actually starts  :D

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #802 on: July 28, 2011, 01:35:53 PM »
that is so true mate. not a bean and we are two weeks away. foster will be a great signing but we still need to strengthen.
I know yeah, finishing 11th and breaking all kinds of records with the squad we had last season was bloody awful!!  ???
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

monkey nuts

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #803 on: July 28, 2011, 02:10:14 PM »
"I'm told Foster hasn't had his #wba medical yet, so difficult to see how he's failed it!"

From Steve Madeley on the Twitter.

he also says it may take longer due to his injury record (the medical that is)

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #804 on: July 28, 2011, 02:13:27 PM »
he also says it may take longer due to his injury record (the medical that is)

for gods sake this is getting so frustrating. same old every summer

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #805 on: July 28, 2011, 02:17:11 PM »

Cause we sign ex-international goalkeepers every summer. Perhaps the delay may have something to do with Pannu and his cronies being away in Hong Kong.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #806 on: July 28, 2011, 02:18:47 PM »

So we should just sign him without a medical, and risk being tied down to signing a player who could be a complete crock?

Stop bloody whinging, it will be done in good time. Go and read a book or something to take your mind off it if that's what it takes!
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

BaggieBoyLee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #807 on: July 28, 2011, 02:22:56 PM »
@WeldonBCFC
Jake Weldon
Ben Foster just told me he has had NO medical at west brom. And he doesn't have a say in if he leaves or not.

Blues fan who has been down at their training ground this morning. Straight from the 'osses mouth.
"West Bromwich Albion; making the impossible - possible"

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #808 on: July 28, 2011, 02:23:48 PM »
So we should just sign him without a medical, and risk being tied down to signing a player who could be a complete crock?

Stop bloody whinging, it will be done in good time. Go and read a book or something to take your mind off it if that's what it takes!

no but the deal has been going on for ages. like someone else said why does it ALWAYS seem to be us?? i remember back in june people moaning and people responded dont panic yet if we havent spent anything a few weeks before the season starts then panic.

were two weeks before the season starts and havent spent a penny.

im not knocking JP i think hes done a great job but our ability to do deals is pathetic.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #809 on: July 28, 2011, 02:25:26 PM »
I'd say the rumour mill and social networking becoming involved detailing every bit of conjecture rather than us getting slower at bringing players in.

We'd have paid 4m for green a month ago and had no chance of the far superior Foster if it was left to some on here.
I only go for the beer.

bigbadjohn

« Reply #810 on: July 28, 2011, 02:32:30 PM »
this is getting stupid now , so he aint even had a medical OMG What are we doing messing about for .  I hope Arsenal or someone comes in a signs him serves us right !!!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #811 on: July 28, 2011, 02:33:20 PM »
this is getting stupid now , so he aint even had a medical OMG What are we doing messing about for .  I hope Arsenal or someone comes in a signs him serves us right !!!

Showing yourself up a bit here fella.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #812 on: July 28, 2011, 02:34:55 PM »
I give up, this forum is ridiculous.
I only go for the beer.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #813 on: July 28, 2011, 02:38:11 PM »

God someone needs to calm down and stop the amateur acting classes.

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #814 on: July 28, 2011, 02:44:11 PM »
hes got a point in a way though. of course we would love foster at the club but if someone else signed him now it would be our own fault for not sealing the deal and taking too long to do it !!!!

there can be no debate on the point that this deal should have been wrapped up by now.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #815 on: July 28, 2011, 02:47:53 PM »
Who else is in for him? One small rumour made up by a fan that Arsenal wanted him, is that it?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #816 on: July 28, 2011, 02:48:53 PM »
How can you possibly say it should have been done by now when you have absolutely no idea what the deal entails, unless you are involved in making a deal happen you have no idea what stage they should be at you are simply guessing based on very little information from the press that may or may not be actually true.

bigbadjohn

« Reply #817 on: July 28, 2011, 02:49:06 PM »
thats what i mean we do take ages so in a way i hope we end up losing out because we do take along time to sort things out . Nothing is ever a simple signing with Albion because of MR Tight backside !

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #818 on: July 28, 2011, 02:50:47 PM »
Would you rather have Carson Yeung?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #819 on: July 28, 2011, 02:51:03 PM »
thats what i mean we do take ages so in a way i hope we end up losing out because we do take along time to sort things out . Nothing is ever a simple signing with Albion because of MR Tight backside !

Oh right so you know for sure it is Jeremy Peace that has personally held this deal up then, fantastic I await your confirmation of the deal when it is secured as you obviously know all the details.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #820 on: July 28, 2011, 02:52:01 PM »
So if you hope we end up losing out why you on here whinging??
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

bigbadjohn

« Reply #821 on: July 28, 2011, 02:55:05 PM »
i hope when im at bristol Foster is in Goal because i really want us too sign him , But im just stating that other clubs dont mess around as much as we do . Also we all know about Mr Peace what he is like with money so i would pressume that is the reason behind it . What do you think the reason is then we are taking so long ?

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #822 on: July 28, 2011, 02:56:04 PM »
I've got the sound of crying babies in my ears to be honest.
I only go for the beer.

Yam Yam Baggie

« Reply #823 on: July 28, 2011, 02:56:44 PM »
if you read what hes trying to say hes just frustrated by the amount of time it has taken to confirm the deal.

and none of us know the ins and outs of the deal but when various other deals start and end in days then this deal should have been completed by now.

Billy Jones was a free agent and within a short time we had signed him. Anything that involves a fee we seem to take months.

I remember Sean Gregan taking virtually the whole summer. Some people just dont seem to understand what this guy is onabout, he doesnt want us to lose out on him but is just saying if we do then its our own fault !!! too many people quick to jump down peoples throats on here as soon as they say something and are not given 10 seconds to explain their views.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #824 on: July 28, 2011, 02:57:22 PM »
i hope when im at bristol Foster is in Goal because i really want us too sign him , But im just stating that other clubs dont mess around as much as we do . Also we all know about Mr Peace what he is like with money so i would pressume that is the reason behind it . What do you think the reason is then we are taking so long ?

It could be any number of reasons and without being involved in it I wouldn't know so I wont cry about it taking a bit of time.