Author Topic: 3 Nov 2018 Hull City 1 Albion 0  (Read 35495 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2018, 02:35:37 PM »
Yesterday's display reminded me of the bad old, sad old days under the stewardship of Brian Little. To those who weren't in attendance then yes we really were that bad. No shape, no desire, no leadership, no coherent game plan or general idea.

Other than for a brief spell early in the second half we looked absolutely clueless and largely bereft of inspiration. I honestly cannot imagine what they've been up to in training. And if the players did know what was expected of them in terms of a game plan, they clearly had no interest in adhering to it. Complete shambles of a 'performance'.

I wasn't at yesterdays game but if what you are saying is true it is very concerning.

Is it possible that the players aren't "buying in to" this way of playing anymore?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #226 on: November 04, 2018, 02:58:38 PM »
When it became clear that we were going down last season I vowed to go to every away game this season. Then we appointed Darren Moore and I haven’t been to a single one this season and am seriously glad that I haven’t. Have watched every single one on TV/internet and we have been beyond awful in all of our away performances.

I feel just as I did under Pulis, completely disenchanted with the club I love

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #227 on: November 04, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
Didn't see or hear most of yesterday's game because i was at a football coaching course all day, but from the final 5 mins i heard on WM, Bomber said it was the worst he'd seen in a long time. Said it was very flat with little creativity.

I've been to 5 matches this season so far, and I'm yet to see a convincing performance. In all honesty, our performances resemble DMs outward appearance: laid back, quiet and a little bit mundane. The team has no passion, no fight, no creativity.

It's ok standing at the side whistling all game, but what does that actually mean? There's no meaning to it. It's actually starting to grate on me.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #228 on: November 04, 2018, 03:37:29 PM »
Time to say "Good night" to Darren

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #229 on: November 04, 2018, 04:22:40 PM »
Devoid of pace, energy or ideas but plenty of experience of failure. Anyone who has tried to change the way we play has been met with no cooperation as it requires effort they simply dont buy into.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #230 on: November 04, 2018, 05:11:32 PM »
Yesterday's display reminded me of the bad old, sad old days under the stewardship of Brian Little. To those who weren't in attendance then yes we really were that bad. No shape, no desire, no leadership, no coherent game plan or general idea.

Other than for a brief spell early in the second half we looked absolutely clueless and largely bereft of inspiration. I honestly cannot imagine what they've been up to in training. And if the players did know what was expected of them in terms of a game plan, they clearly had no interest in adhering to it. Complete shambles of a 'performance'.

I have to agree with that comment. I was at the game and it is probably one of the worst performances I gave had to endure for many a year. I was with some Hull pals before the game and they were worried about how many we would score. Having a beer after they couldn’t believe how bad we were. Totally bereft if ideas and the subs that did come on did not do anything to suggest they are serious 1st team contenders. I am really worried about Leeds next week