Author Topic: Daniel Sturridge (Loan 17/18)  (Read 106908 times)

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

Re: Daniel Sturridge Joins Albion On Loan
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2018, 01:16:03 AM »
How can you mention Rondon in the same breath as sturridge? No comparison now we have sturridge and Rodriguez coming back to form we don't need Rondon! Hope he's gone in this window.
If Rondon was sold and at the end of the season Sturridge went back to Liverpool how would that look?
Not too good to me.
What if JRod gets injured?All we have left is HRK.  Its a no brainer to me to keep Rondon, in fact I think he will start scoring more with Sturridge/JRod keeping defenders busy.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2018, 01:57:30 AM »
How can you mention Rondon in the same breath as sturridge? No comparison now we have sturridge and Rodriguez coming back to form we don't need Rondon! Hope he's gone in this window.

Not sure why you feel the need to degrade one of our players in a thread that should be full of positivity. If Rondon goes it will be to Chelsea, as reported by John Percy, which proves you wrong yet again as he is a very good player who is attracting interest from one of the best teams in the world.

What happens if we sell Rondon and Sturridge picks up another injury? We'd then be in a worse place than we were at the start of the window.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 02:00:55 AM by wba_1996 »

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Alan Pardew's perseverance to sign Daniel Sturridge, finally pays off!
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2018, 02:02:26 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Mate that is sooooo funny couldn't stop laughing. Hope AP sees it...he will be in stitches.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2018, 02:39:45 AM »
does a deal of this magnitude really get done in a few hours? he was supposed to go to Newcastle for a medical midday yesterday and ends up signing for us early evening.surely it takes more than half a day to sort out all the money negotiations. or are Newcastle trying to deflect criticism away from themselves in failing to sign Sturridge by blaming him for not showing up.I don't think this was a spur of the moment signing that got done with a quick phone call.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Alan Pardew's perseverance to sign Daniel Sturridge, finally pays off!
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2018, 02:39:47 AM »
EFFING BRILLIANT !!!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2018, 05:26:51 AM »

I'm still reserved regarding Rodriguez he can't be expected to keep up this form until the end of the season. For me your comments regarding Rondon are a little harsh. He has been our best player for the majority of the games Pardew has been in charge. He finally looks like he is getting some life and confidence back after Pulis somehow managed to stuck all the ability out of him.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #206 on: January 30, 2018, 06:49:28 AM »
Why don't you leave Rondon alone,I want him to stay with us.
I've always rated him I think he's a top man.
So,if he leaves and Sturridge leaves in the summer,what then?
If we go with Sturbridge,London and Jrod from next season and drop KANU,happy days mate.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #207 on: January 30, 2018, 07:10:54 AM »

Deadline day doesn’t just send the club’s into a mad frenzy by the looks of things.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #208 on: January 30, 2018, 07:17:31 AM »
Why don't you leave Rondon alone,I want him to stay with us.
I've always rated him I think he's a top man.
So,if he leaves and Sturridge leaves in the summer,what then?
If we go with Sturbridge,London and Jrod from next season and drop KANU,happy days mate.

I doubt we'll have Sturridge next season if I'm honest

kev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #209 on: January 30, 2018, 07:33:35 AM »
Looking forward to seeing him play  As long as he keeps fit. Don't understand some of the Hysteria on hear .just shows  how small of a fish we are in a big pool when we start getting over excited by this signing . Step in the right direction though as long as we push on and make bigger  signings and not use this as a quick fix.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2018, 08:10:54 AM »
When I left work yesterday afternoon this was just a vague rumour so obviously really pleased we have managed to get this deal done. Exactly the kind of player that I wanted us to sign, in terms of playing style, pacey and can make his own chances.

IF we can keep him fit then I'm sure the goals will come.

An added bonus that he's not cup tied too.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2018, 08:47:12 AM »
14 league games left this season to go - we need to win at least 5 of these.
I hope he is match fit and can fit straight in.
If he can make 10 starts and score, say, 6 goals, that would hopefully make the difference - it could go down to a couple of points at the end.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »
Going to temper my expectations - Liverpool fans saying he has lost that yard of pace that made him so devastating. However he still has fast feet and an eye for goal, so hopefully he can contribute
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2018, 10:13:01 AM »
Going to temper my expectations - Liverpool fans saying he has lost that yard of pace that made him so devastating. However he still has fast feet and an eye for goal, so hopefully he can contribute

We are creating plenty of chances currently under the style of play Pardew has implemented, which is the complete antithesis of how we were under Pulis, so I feel he will get a number of the chances that were previously falling to Rondon and he has the finishing ability to convert them.

I can see him and Rondon being a formidable strikeforce, so long as we don't do something stupid like selling Salomon.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2018, 10:18:28 AM »
Deadline day doesn’t just send the club’s into a mad frenzy by the looks of things.
Less of the insults mate I have my views and the last I knew that's what this forum is for, you don't like them that's fine but DON'T insult me. As I've said before no one I speak to rates Rondon only on these pages

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2018, 10:31:06 AM »
I think he has actually been an underrated player. For me, when fit he's up there with the best strikers in the world. Let's pray he stays fit.

Was well on his way to being England's No.1 striker for many years, but has been completely dogged by injury. No doubting his talent as a real top striker.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2018, 10:41:58 AM »
Local Championship clubs having a pop at us for only having him for four months are just being t*****s. I'll happily take those four months.

Hey we're all Baggies, we never count our chickens, but all the same it's a great few weeks to support the Albion. Let's hope we batter Southampton - twice.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2018, 10:52:30 AM »
Local Championship clubs having a pop at us for only having him for four months are just being t*****s. I'll happily take those four months.

Hey we're all Baggies, we never count our chickens, but all the same it's a great few weeks to support the Albion. Let's hope we batter Southampton - twice.

Not seen any of this, largely because I don't visit any of their forums as their opinions are of no consequence to me. What is being said?

I fail to see how there can be criticism for either party for the length of the loan; we need to stay up and need his goals, he needs to be playing every week before the summer to get in the England squad. What more to it is there than that?

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2018, 11:32:02 AM »

Only 28, loss of pace probably more down to loss of match sharpness.
Baggie in Southampton

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2018, 11:35:07 AM »

Never argue with an inbred idiot as they will drag you down to their level.  ;D
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2018, 11:50:46 AM »
Does anyone know if there's any suggestion of a permanent transfer at the end or if it is 100% loan only?

Guardian article on him suggests it is expected to be made permanent. I have not read anything concrete but there is a lot of antidotal sentiment that is the case.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/30/daniel-sturridge-jurgen-klopp-liverpool-west-brom

Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #221 on: January 30, 2018, 12:15:59 PM »
Welcome Daniel. :)

No doubt about his class and quality, his fitness level was the only thing I concern.

The PRIDE of midlands

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #222 on: January 30, 2018, 01:16:21 PM »
Hey guys,not sure where to post this but listening to talk sports Jim white and his crew this morning posing the question why Sturridge turned down Newcastle and turning down the iconic number 9 shirt.
Tell me who in Newcastle history after shearers number 9 were better than Astle or Cyrille?
I'm sick of the toon fans they're fickle moaners big club etc,what have you won? 52 thousand week in week out blah blah blah.
They will never be bigger than the baggies,sick of them

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #223 on: January 30, 2018, 01:27:15 PM »
Hey guys,not sure where to post this but listening to talk sports Jim white and his crew this morning posing the question why Sturridge turned down Newcastle and turning down the iconic number 9 shirt.
Tell me who in Newcastle history after shearers number 9 were better than Astle or Cyrille?
I'm sick of the toon fans they're fickle moaners big club etc,what have you won? 52 thousand week in week out blah blah blah.
They will never be bigger than the baggies,sick of them

(Probably should be in the Sturridge thread) Daniel Sturridge has never worn the number 9 in his club career.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/daniel-sturridge/rueckennummern/spieler/47082
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2018, 02:09:45 PM »
I know its only the media stuff but one thing i will say its how happy Sturridge looks!

I always thought he looked a very moody sullen character but he seems in genuine good spirits to be here, if as reported he has been fit for a while he is probably desperate to play.

From the outside looks like him and Klippety never saw eye to eye so he may be glad of a fresh start and chance to get on the pitch.